What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Team with League players

legend

Coach
Jennings as a RB for mine. Justin Carney cold play FB.

Inglis is actually built like a tight end and would be too heavy to play WR. He would have to get back to 105kg max.

Idris could play DE IMO.
Tahu as a LB
Slater as a CB (perfect fit IMO)
Hayne could play WR, same with Tuqiri.

Big Mick

Referee
No way would Tahu be big enough for LB.

LB's are probably about 240-270lbs.

Tahu would be what about 220?

If he bulks up...sure...but IMO he'd be a great FS.

18to87

Coach
I'd love to see Inglis have a go at the NFL. If he got the ball at WR in open space no one would be able to tackle him with their bad tackling techniques.

Whilst Inglis may be a freak, this is a pretty stupid thing to say.

Any WR in wide open space is hard to bring down, however this does not happen very often unless they are behind the coverage and score. That is what safeties are for and I am pretty sure Bob Sanders or Ed Reed would make Inglis wish he was back in the NRL.

You should play football before you criticize their tackling. There surely is a team near you. Tackling in gridiron is totally different technique than Rugby League.

hellteam

First Grade
At the end of the day, tackling is tackling. Why is it different? When it's one on one I mean.

Have a look how they throw a pass (a lateral one), they throw it one handed and they often go to ground. They could easily pass it like rugby league players do but that's just how they always have. Same goes for tackling. If someone went and taught them how to do it league style it's possible they could learn a thing or two, some misses are terrible.

Big Tim

First Grade
At the end of the day, tackling is tackling. Why is it different? When it's one on one I mean.

Have a look how they throw a pass (a lateral one), they throw it one handed and they often go to ground. They could easily pass it like rugby league players do but that's just how they always have. Same goes for tackling. If someone went and taught them how to do it league style it's possible they could learn a thing or two, some misses are terrible.

Put a helmet and pads on and tell me its easy to "pass" the ball league style.

Tackling is certainly different in Gridiron. You dont need to wrap the ball carrier up, you just need to get him on the ground. it is more about leverage than technique.

IMO Luke Burt has the footwork and agility of an RB. Thats about the only guy I have noticed. He uses NFL short choppy steps when he needs to get close to the ground.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Im studing bio mechanics at uni and i've noticed most of the physics stuff can all pretty direct straight back to the NFL, RL is completely different

the techniques are polar opposites

hellteam

First Grade
I'm sure he wouldn't go to NFL to play line backer. Wouldn't even get the ball in his hand and it would be hard, hard work for him.

KING1319

Juniors
all of the guys you listed there are 2ft taller then thurston.
and as for 'that' rookie, im not sure which one you are talking about, as they all are around the 6ft 3in mark

I was thinking of Colt McCoy but then again hes not thaat short

MJD is built like a brick house, Presto is a twig, even Sproles has a fair bit of muscle on him.

Fair enough about Preston Campbell he would get CRUSHED, but as for Jonathan Thurston, In sure he could cut, it cos of the crazy things he does in league,hes smart and really evasive.maybe P.white and M.Vick are 6ft but how about Doug Doug Fluite, that guy was midget, but still played well.And Drew Brees actual height is rumored to be less than 6ft, sometimes websites and stuff don't put in the real height, they use shoe height sometimes.look at ray rice they used to list his height as 5'9.

AND Jonathan Thurston would be second string so he is bound to have a fault somehow.

Oh and that he plays madden thing I was just throwing it out their for everyone's general knowledge.i saw in an interview somewhere he said he plays madden.That would help actually because most if not all nrl players wouldn't have a single clue about nfl and how its played

Monk

Referee
Fair enough about Preston Campbell he would get CRUSHED, but as for Jonathan Thurston, In sure he could cut, it cos of the crazy things he does in league,hes smart and really evasive.maybe P.white and M.Vick are 6ft but how about Doug Doug Fluite, that guy was midget, but still played well.And Drew Brees actual height is rumored to be less than 6ft, sometimes websites and stuff don't put in the real height, they use shoe height sometimes.look at ray rice they used to list his height as 5'9.

AND Jonathan Thurston would be second string so he is bound to have a fault somehow.

Oh and that he plays madden thing I was just throwing it out their for everyone's general knowledge.i saw in an interview somewhere he said he plays madden.That would help actually because most if not all nrl players wouldn't have a single clue about nfl and how its played

Thurston wouldn't even make the practice squad for the Oakland Raiders. Even if he was 3ft taller, he still wouldn't have the arm strength/stamina to throw the ball consistently well. He would have to have the NFL QB instincts aswell, which are different to NRL half-back instincts.

Also, i'd like to see Thurston try to be elusive with 300 pound D-Linemen running at him. I would also like to see him milk a penalty in the NFL.

I never rated Flutie, i am a fan of the typical QB build and while you can be a special and fascinating player if you are a little smaller, you are never going to have that outstanding HOF career.

KING1319

Juniors
Actually now that you mention it he does struggle with 230-240 pounders, he would milk a lot of late hits if he was playing qb

Big Tim

First Grade
It took Aku long enough to learn the rules of League.... I think he should stay where he is :)

Skeletor

Juniors
Interesting:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/24/jets-also-interested-in-australian-rugby-star/

We've previously noted that the Broncos and Bills have expressed some interest in Australian rugby star Greg Inglis. Now we can add the Jets to the list.

The Melbourne Sun-Herald is reporting that the Jets contacted an Australian agency called OzPunt to see about bringing in Inglis, with the thought that he has the athletic ability to play in the NFL, maybe at linebacker or maybe returning kicks.

''The Jets contacted us about Greg -- it wasn't the other way around," OzPunt representative Paul Shepherd said. "If he's serious, we can organize trials but we wouldn't be doing another thing until we heard from Greg or his manager."

stormbati

Bench
IDE go with
Qb - Thurston/Sutton
Rb - Jennings/ J.Morris
Fb - Vatuvei/ Tuiaki
Wr - Inglis, Tuqiri, Hayne, Uate, Anderson, Grothe
Te - Mason, Pritchard, Idris

Lb - Watmough, Crocker, J.Smith, Cooper, Lewis, Gallen
Cb - Stewart, Vidot, Minichiello, Patten

Punt Return - Slater, B.Morris, Locke

Latest posts