What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Australian Idol

knightsno1fan

Juniors
I've been watching the show since it started and I think Guy should definitely win! He is by far the most talented. He has better voice, can compose songs and is a much more talented performer! I can't believe Shannon has even got this far. In my opinion the Grandfinal should have been between Guy and Paulini.

socksie

Juniors
parra_princess said:
Thank god Rob didn't go all the way. And as for his fling with Paris Hilton well I wouldn't consider it to much of an accomplishment. Hell the girl may be worth 300 million of whatever, but has she ever had a serious job? Did she ever get a degree from Uni that daddy didn't pay for.

she attends all these parties and struts around like "im such kingsh*t" when she hasnt done anything and doesnt deserve to be on the pedestool the media places her upon. even j-lo i hate to admit it, has worked to get where she is now. paris and nikki hilton were born. thats their greatest achievement in life. :?

Missa

Juniors
i have watched the show since the very beginning and my 2 favourites were guy and shannon.....i think guy will win but i dont mind who does win.
i thought shannon performed outstanding tonight esp singing working class man...go shannon...he will get my vote..go the underdog

astrogirl

First Grade
Shannon's getting a vote from me too. There is something about that boy that appeals to me.

I thought that Guy's performance of "Angels Brought Me Here" (hope I got that right) was downright boring. Shannon did a lot better. Maybe it's because Guy would prefer to either write or choose his own stuff - whatever the reason, Guy wasn't very compelling. (Not sure if compelling is quite the right word, can't think of a better one atm.)

parra_princess

Juniors
astrogirl said:
Shannon's getting a vote from me too. There is something about that boy that appeals to me.

I thought that Guy's performance of "Angels Brought Me Here" (hope I got that right) was downright boring. Shannon did a lot better. Maybe it's because Guy would prefer to either write or choose his own stuff - whatever the reason, Guy wasn't very compelling. (Not sure if compelling is quite the right word, can't think of a better one atm.)

Agee 100% Astro

Shannon sung a much better version of that song than Guy. When Guy was singing it I was thinking that the song was horrible and that the song would be a flop. When Shannon sung it, it was very upbeat at it sounded energetic. I think the CD company is taking a huge risk choosing a slow song to be the first single, I would have gone for something a bit more you know like party-ish if that makes any sense at all (eg Kelly Clarkson's first song 'miss independant' was followed up by the slower 'Low' song). I was a big fan of guy up until last night i believed guy should be the ido (Guy's version of Crazy in Love didn't give me much confidence in him).

That said, it could be a blessing in disguise for Shannon should he not win. Gareth Gates the Runner up of British Idol has achieved more success internationally than the winner of the competition Will someone through his cover of Unchained Melody.

Andy

First Grade
Both of you must be either kidding yourselves, or tone deaf.

Shannon was dreadful in that song. On more than a few occasions he was flat or missed his notes completely.

Being a musician myself, I know that Shannon will not go far in the music industry.

There's only so much tweaking studios can do to a singer's voice, and Shannon at a live concert would be dreadful.

He has very little actual music ability and totally relies on song writers for his material.

On the other hand, Guy IS a musician and writes and arranges his own music all the time.

For me, I vote on a candidate who has the musical talent to go all the way.

That person is without a doubt, Guy Sebastion.

Andy

First Grade
blue and red socks said:
parra_princess said:
Thank god Rob didn't go all the way. And as for his fling with Paris Hilton well I wouldn't consider it to much of an accomplishment. Hell the girl may be worth 300 million of whatever, but has she ever had a serious job? Did she ever get a degree from Uni that daddy didn't pay for.

she attends all these parties and struts around like "im such kingsh*t" when she hasnt done anything and doesnt deserve to be on the pedestool the media places her upon. even j-lo i hate to admit it, has worked to get where she is now. paris and nikki hilton were born. thats their greatest achievement in life. :?

Damn those girls are fine though.

Hark workers and high achievers they may not be, but I don't give a rats.
I'd have one of 'em in a heart beat!! :p

Kaz

junior
I have never watched a show, I have seen about 10 mins.

Guy should win the show because he has TALENT.

What's the go with Shannon, can't he shave properly, as he has missed some hair on his chin. :shock:

astrogirl

First Grade
Andy said:
Both of you must be either kidding yourselves, or tone deaf.

Shannon was dreadful in that song. On more than a few occasions he was flat or missed his notes completely.

Being a musician myself, I know that Shannon will not go far in the music industry.

There's only so much tweaking studios can do to a singer's voice, and Shannon at a live concert would be dreadful.

He has very little actual music ability and totally relies on song writers for his material.
I'm not a musician but I also do not believe I am tone deaf. I haven't missed the fact that Shannon misses some notes but for some reason I can overlook it - could be the nature of his voice, I'm not sure. There is some kind of real energy to his voice. I acknowledge Guy's talent but ultimately I'm not really a fan of his voice. I didn't particularly enjoy any of Guy's performances last night, even though I adore Crazy In Love.

If Shannon were to rely on songwriters for his stuff, so what - he isn't the first and won't be the last to do it.

parra_princess

Juniors
Andy said:

With all due respect Andy, i'm a consumer and I think it is my fellow consumers who will decide how far Shannon or guy for that matter go in the music industry by the number of CD's they purchase. I don't think either Guy or Shannon will win a grammy. And I also am not deaf. Perhaps it is my limited knowledge of not knowing weather or not a singer is hitting his/her notes correctely allows me to hear a song for what it really is and appreciate it purely at face value.

Look, guy will win no doubt. I like the guy (no pun initended), i'll probably end up buying his CD but i'd prefer Shannon to win based on the 2 versions of the first single I heard last night.

northey

First Grade
last night guy sounded really off
and shannon was great... if he wins i would buy his cd...
did u hear the song they are going to have as their single???
well when guy sang it the song didn't sound good but when shannon sang it the song was great

GO SHANNON!!!!!

gopanthers

Juniors
Guy should definitely, absolutely win. Shannon has a great karaoke voice, but that's all it is, karaoke. Guy actually has the voice and can write songs, and has a much better chance of making it in the music industry than Shannon, who would end up being another Scott Cain, Scandalus, etc, etc. Plus, Guy has a much better chance at doing well at the World Idol competition.

I reckon if Shannon wasn't good looking he wouldn't get any votes.

gaterooze

Bench
It's the good looks & the "working class hero" background which is bringing the votes in. No one said this wouldn't be a popularity contest.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in an alternate universe when people say Shannon "nailed it" -- I'm with Andy all the way on this one... his voice is poor, his performances are lacklustre (he was just sitting down with his crotch open for half of the new single the other night!). Each week during the eliminations I was amazed he survived. Oh well, like others have pointed out, whoever wins is sort've irrelevant at this point. Often the final winners won't have a career (Shannon will be a laughing stock when he has to "stand on his own" without the media backing of Idol), but the ones with real talent will.

The Colonel

Immortal
Actually for me its the fact that I prefer the music that Shannon has performed. He may not have the songwriting skills of Guy however he has gotten stronger as the show has gone on. If you want someone singing Beyonce Knowles and prancing round like a good luck troll than he's your man. I prefer honest hardworking rock as opposed to the manufactured crap.......

astrogirl

First Grade
gopanthers said:
I reckon if Shannon wasn't good looking he wouldn't get any votes.
:shock: I resent the implication that most votes for Shannon are for his looks! IMO he's not goodlooking