What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Cricket Trivia

Doctor

Bench
Cricket Trivia time. Some already enter the 'sports trivia' section of this site, others also venture into the 'cricket' section - but I know a few in here like to simply remain in this forum.

So I've brought this lot of questions across:

See if you can answer the first two questions in your head - many will be able to rattle off most of the names without looking for material to help them out. The third one will also be easy for some, the fourth one you may need some help from a book for.

They are all Australian Cricket questions:

Q 1)
Since 1991, there have been how many single-test players? What are their names?

Q 2)
Name the players (those who debuted after 1991) who have played just two Tests:
Simon Katich is one, there are four others - name them.

Q 3)
Who am I?
I played nearly 30 Test matches, averaged in the mid 40s with the bat and bowled some tidy off spin - until recently I also had the distinction of being the only Australian batsman to do what?
What is my name, and what was I the only Australian batsman to have succeeded in doing?

Q 4)
Who am I?
A tall fast bowler who produced a wonderful Test bowling average superior to most of the great fast bowlers, many questioned my bowling action, but I was never no-balled for throwing. I was also criticised for a unique drag during my bowling action. Unfortuately Hepatitus cut short my promising career.

Providence

Juniors
Hmm... They're all a bit hard for my limited knowledge of cricket history, but I'll have a stab at the 4th.

Is it Bruce Reed by any chance?

Doctor

Bench
Providence said:
Hmm... They're all a bit hard for my limited knowledge of cricket history, but I'll have a stab at the 4th.

Is it Bruce Reed by any chance?

Sadly not - although I'm sure Reid would have been one of Australia's greats had injury not ruined his career. He was one bowler (much like Jason Gillespie) who despite numerous comebacks from injury, never seemed to lose the ability to bowl well. When fit he was dynamite.

I'll give you a clue for Q 4 - I played Test cricket prior to 1970 and my bowling average (with only a few Test wickets though) stands among the likes of McGrath, Gillespie etc in the early 20s.

Doctor

Bench
Well neither would I without a cricket book - that is the hardest question of the lot.

The first two questions could probably be guessed (with the accidental exclusion of the odd player that you forget) by many cricket followers - it's just a matter of working out who has filled a vacant position on tour somewhere, or been rewarded for a great summer with a test berth only to find himself out of first-class cricket within 18 months because of injury or sudden poor form.

Ian Craig was number 4

Yes?

Guesses for number 2...

Matthew Elliot
Brendan Julian
Hogg?
Ummmm

I'm getting desperate

Maybe Ryan Campbell or Haddin when Gilchrist was injured.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
Ian Craig was number 4

Yes?

Guesses for number 2...

Matthew Elliot
Brendan Julian
Hogg?
Ummmm

I'm getting desperate

Maybe Ryan Campbell or Haddin when Gilchrist was injured.

Matthew Elliott. You really must no nothing about cricket huh.

Elliott has two t's. You going by your great theory must mean you have no respect at all for the man.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Btw, I looked it up for you, Elliott played 20 tests and 34 innings for australia.

Julian played 7 tests.

Hogg played for 4 tests

Cambell no test matches

Haddin no test matches

Larrikin Barry

Juniors
question 1

3?? emery, nicholson and williams....could be more....

question 2.

4 others.....okay.....adam dale and scott muller.....the other two evade me....

question 3.

Strewth.

question 4.

Alan Davidson?

Bring it home Knights said:
Btw, I looked it up for you, Elliott played 20 tests and 34 innings for australia.

Julian played 7 tests.

Hogg played for 4 tests

Cambell no test matches

Haddin no test matches

Don't worry Bring It, after you told us all Andy Flower played for South Africa no-one can be bothered listening to your cricketing "knowledge".

Surely you could've looked that one up as well? I've noticed a distinct lack of answers from your dumbarse of late.

:lol:

Here's some more guesses to go with Muller and Dale for you to look up, Bring It.

Peter McIntyre
Simon Cook

Jeez, it's very easy when you look it up, isn't it Bring It? Now pour me another Tooheys Old, bartend!

Doctor

Bench
So far it's been a dog's breakfast, but there are a few correct answers in there:

Q 1) I'm paying:
Phil Emery
Matt Nicholson
Brad Williams

NB: There are 4 others by my reckoning.

Q 2)
Scott Muller
Adam Dale
Simon Cook
Peter McIntyre

+ Simon Katich, which means this question is collectively correct.

Q 3) A clue: I am now a successful businessman in Morroco.

Q 4) A clue, a clue, Hmmm....right, how is this: I'm from New South Wales and played less than 10 Tests.

I won't ruin question 1 since I noticed the answers in showing Bring It just how easy it is look up stuff inside of having a go yourself.

And is that bowler that John Ferry(?) guy? He's always on top of the averages list for Australia, but I'm not familiar with him at all.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
Bring it home Knights said:

Julian played 7 tests.

Hogg played for 4 tests

Cambell no test matches

Haddin no test matches

Don't worry Bring It, after you told us all Andy Flower played for South Africa no-one can be bothered listening to your cricketing "knowledge".

Surely you could've looked that one up as well? I've noticed a distinct lack of answers from your dumbarse of late.

Here's some more guesses to go with Muller and Dale for you to look up, Bring It.

Peter McIntyre
Simon Cook

Jeez, it's very easy when you look it up, isn't it Bring It? Now pour me another Tooheys Old, bartend!

Without looking it up, Andy flower played for Zimbabwe, he had an avg of around 50 from memory. He now plays for south australia and is making a good fist of it.

Elliott [with 2 t's], played for australia for 20 tests, which was around the figure that I had assumed. He was in the team for a couple of years only a few years ago.

From memory in his first test he got a 20 odd and a duck. So don't say I know nothing about cricket.

When clearly you don't have a clue.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:

How pathetic are you. You are 24 and clearly hanging around wanting me to come on in order to attempt to have an arguement. Why else would someone notice that I hadn't been on lately. 24 is a time most people should be mature. Not constantly looking to have arguements with a guy that's just turned 21, or a lady in brisbane called Kaz. Or anyone else who will bite back.

You haven't heard answers from my dumbarse of late you say. I have to admit I've never had my arse be called dumb before, but it was very mature of you doing so. BTW, I had an IQ test done the other day. 126 was my score. I guess I'm glad my head isn't as dumb as my arse huh :lol:

Danish Moo Cow said:
I won't ruin question 1 since I noticed the answers in showing Bring It just how easy it is look up stuff inside of having a go yourself.

I believe it's spelt instead, not "inside". Having a shocker aren't we.

Aww, Bring It baby!

You are a dumbarse. And guess what, I didn't have to look that up anywhere. Now you reckon I'm keeping tabs on your online time? Good on you. Keep that in mind next time you alert everyone to the fact you're living at home with mum and you're really cool for meeting up with Knights players where you 'll know they'll be. We'll all stick to living with our girlfriends (how is that situation, BTW?) and going out with our mates... some of which actually happen to be with the Knights. Its funny seeing the groupie element gather around them like the little teeny boppers.

BTW, I posted in this thread first, so who's following who? You had an IQ test done? Who did it for you? Or did you mean you did an IQ test?

Now, on to cricket, looks like you did look up a bit on Andy Flower today. Good on you! He deserves a lot of respect for what he did for Zimbabwian cricket. God knows why you think he's South African.

That Matt Elliott piss take of mine was due to him being so incredibly hopeless when he got his chance. And guess what, if Hayden hadn't of gotten his arse in gear on his second (or was it third) chance I would've ripped him off for his subpar test career. And I did rip on him for years before that tour of India.

BTW, you're total score in this thread is zero.

Use those powerful maths skills of yours to add up my score.

Now, pour me another Old barkeep! Speaking of serving drinks, have you given your resumé to Russell Richardson yet?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
Aww, Bring It baby!

You are a dumbarse. And guess what, I didn't have to look that up anywhere. Now you reckon I'm keeping tabs on your online time? Good on you. Keep that in mind next time you alert everyone to the fact you're living at home with mum and you're really cool for meeting up with Knights players where you 'll know they'll be. We'll all stick to living with our girlfriends (how is that situation, BTW?) and going out with our mates... some of which actually happen to be with the Knights. Its funny seeing the groupie element gather around them like the little teeny boppers.

BTW, I posted in this thread first, so who's following who? You had an IQ test done? Who did it for you? Or did you mean you did an IQ test?

Now, on to cricket, looks like you did look up a bit on Andy Flower today. Good on you! He deserves a lot of respect for what he did for Zimbabwian cricket. God knows why you think he's South African.

That Matt Elliott piss take of mine was due to him being so incredibly hopeless when he got his chance. And guess what, if Hayden hadn't of gotten his arse in gear on his second (or was it third) chance I would've ripped him off for his subpar test career. And I did rip on him for years before that tour of India.

BTW, you're total score in this thread is zero.

Use those powerful maths skills of yours to add up my score.

Now, pour me another Old barkeep! Speaking of serving drinks, have you given your resumé to Russell Richardson yet?

I didn't look a thing up about flower and I didn't look anything else up about elliott, apart from the ammount of tests he played.

I could bite back. You clearly said alot of very hurtful things to me. But instead I'll leave it at a thankyou. Thanks again for backing up my point about your immaturity. Looks like that car you cleverly didn't get out of the way of, seriously slowed your development to mature at the correct rate. At least you have a reasonable EXCUSE as why you didn't make it at league and also a good excuse why you need to take your anger out on me.

Doctor

Bench
The Vern said:
Is the answer to Q4 Nicholson

Danish Moo Cow said:
And is that bowler that John Ferry(?) guy? He's always on top of the averages list for Australia, but I'm not familiar with him at all.

Both of these answers are incorrect. Given that one of the answers to Question One has already been submitted as 'Matt Nicholson' for just one test, it is highly unlikely the same answer would be in the set of questions. Nicholson's career is not over either.

As for Moo Cow's answer: I think you mean John Ferris. Good guess, he doesn't spring to mind as the most obvious answer simply because he is from an era a long time ago and many (including myself) wouldn't know much about him. He made up a very successful bowling attack with Charlie Turner - I think they averaged around 15 or 16 in Tests which is quite good in the broad scheme of things.

Question 4 is tough - you may need your books because many will not have heard of him. As far as I know he is still alive.

Providence

Juniors
I suggest we forget about the cricket trivia and get Dansh Moo Cow and Bring it Home Knights to put the gloves on and bash it out of each other.

Their incescent arguing is actually quite entertaining.

Latest posts