What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Dumb People

Razor

Coach
Some bitch in her early 20s stole my mobile phone last night.

Now to steal a phone at Greenbank RSL where the place is littered with security camera is dumb enough, she actually called people on the phone. Now with footage of her stealing the phone, along with the people she contacted she could be very easily caught.

Razor

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
Did you get her?

They wouldn't look at the security tapes until this morning after everyone had left because whoever stole it could hand it in on the way out.

At least the phones insuraced with a $100 excess.

Doctor

Bench
Can you get phones insured? Never thought of insuring my phone. Then again if I was to insert a new manufacturer-approved battery into my phone it would double its value. :roll:

Seriously though Razor - there are some foolish but otherwise desperate people out there who don't give two hoots about other people's property and common courtesy like the respect for fellow human beings.

The Wayne Pearce advertisements saying that "stealing is for losers" may not be helping the situation just quietly - then again it isn't targeting me so perhaps I'm out of touch with the lingo. :|

I've got issues with that advertising campaign. It's only the NBN isn't it? So I guess the beef lies there. Why are every offender male? The only theif that's committed a "break" at my family's home about 10 years ago were female. BOTH of them. The only ad with a girl on it was the one with her boyfriend being a culprit. If they're going to all the trouble to make an issue out of stealing with multiple ads, they could at least have covered all aspects of cleptomania.

Razor

Coach
Oswin said:
Can you get phones insured?

A lot of phone carriers offer it with their plans.

Mine is $4.40 a month. Covers up to $440 value on the phone, and $1000 worth of calls. Plus if your overseas up to $500 rental of a phone after yours has been taken.

astrogirl

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
I've got issues with that advertising campaign. It's only the NBN isn't it?
I saw that ad on NBN when I was at home visiting my parents. I've never seen it on channel 9 in Sydney.

My gut feeling tells me that ad is probably not hitting the mark either. I'm not sure why. It might be putting ideas in people's heads. I don't know. What are your issues with it DMC?

I don't get the point of it. It's just picking on certain thieves. The tag, "Don't steal, how would you feel" won't ring true on any of those in the ads. The people in these ads are drugged out kids who are desperate for any money yet we're meant to feel sorry for them and now their "feelings"? It's all a giant sob story for them. I've got better things to feel for.

When are they going to make an ad about E-Bay scammers and how hard they're treated? :lol:

antonius

Coach
Those adds are prob the result of some government grant to some indistinct group of do gooders to delve into, and cure juvenile crime. Waste of money, I can just picture the young juvenile crim watching that on his stolen tele (Plasma of course) and as a result getting a guilt complex and returning it Pffft!

mrford61

Juniors
antonius said:
Those adds are prob the result of some government grant to some indistinct group of do gooders to delve into, and cure juvenile crime. Waste of money, I can just picture the young juvenile crim watching that on his stolen tele (Plasma of course) and as a result getting a guilt complex and returning it Pffft!

Spot on the mark there Antonius.
Bleeding heart groups with a brand new uni degree and no idea of reality.
Get more cops out there busting heads.

What about that fool got a gov. grant last year to study the possibilty of Jesus being a homosexual. F F Sake.

Im in a mood today!!!

antonius

Coach
mrford61 said:
antonius said:

Spot on the mark there Antonius.
Bleeding heart groups with a brand new uni degree and no idea of reality.
Get more cops out there busting heads.

What about that fool got a gov. grant last year to study the possibilty of Jesus being a homosexual. F F Sake.

Im in a mood today!!!

HaHaHa, I like your style Mrford. :D

Kaz

junior
Sorry

I am in a caring mood today. :lol:

Who really is the dumb person.

Who was the person who had their mobile stolen. :shock:

mrford61

Juniors
Kaz said:
Sorry

Fair enough.

But I usually find you "caring" people squeal the loudest when you become a victim.

les norton

First Grade
I hear criticisms boys but no solutions...Becareful, i'm about to get a brand new uni degree so be nice...

astrogirl

First Grade
les norton said:
I hear criticisms boys but no solutions...Becareful, i'm about to get a brand new uni degree so be nice...
Congratulations! Does this mean you've done all your degree requirements and waiting on the graduation ceremony les?

Kaz said:
Sorry

Caring for the assailant and then blame the victim. Way to go. :roll:

les norton

First Grade
mrford61 said:
les norton said:
I hear criticisms boys but no solutions

Get more cops out there busting heads

sorry mrford, have no idea how i could miss that as being a credible solution :roll:

Thanks astro - bout to kick off on honors, then i've still got another two years for the masters after that...so, have the undergrad degree but not the rest for a while. I'll get there eventually.
hopefully. :D

antonius

Coach
les norton said:
mrford61 said:
les norton said:
I hear criticisms boys but no solutions

Get more cops out there busting heads

sorry mrford, have no idea how i could miss that as being a credible solution :roll:

Thanks astro - bout to kick off on honors, then i've still got another two years for the masters after that...so, have the undergrad degree but not the rest for a while. I'll get there eventually.
hopefully. :D
I have to say Les, sticking that add on the telly will achieve crap all. The solution. When they get caught Punish them, and I don't mean a slap on the wrist and telling them to be good in future. Who cares if they are on drugs and didn't know what they were doing? That's their choice, you make desisions in life you have to be prepared to face the consiquence of those decisions. Everyone spends too much time these days making excuses for criminals, don't worry about the victims. As Mrford said, more police and kick some arses, society is too soft on these low lifes.

mrford61

Juniors
Les Norton said:

Tried to let that slide Les but cant.
By "busting heads" I mean more police out there that dont have to worry so much about the civil rights of criminals. The lack of respect for the law and the justice system is in a critical state. It is out of control and until you become a victim you tend to be apathetic.
Okay, the mood I was in yesterday I made my point in a fairly Neanderthal manner.
Also meant no disrespect to Uni Students/Graduates in general. Just those that come away with a politically correct view on social engineering that sounds good in theory but is not working.
Now I will get off my soapbox and back into my cage. :)

Latest posts