What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-How's the Fishing Ben?

antonius

Coach
How's the fishing been going Ben? Did you end up buying a GPS?
We've been fishing a wreck we found in the lake, catching some nice small snapper on it, with the odd monster Bream tossed in. My young bloke has caught two huge Flatties on it as well.

antonius said:
We've been fishing a wreck we found in the lake, catching some nice small snapper on it, with the odd monster Bream tossed in. My young bloke has caught two huge Flatties on it as well.

Tony, isnt this a form of thread hijacking?

antonius

Coach
Chicken_Hunter said:
antonius said:

Quite right CH, I'll move it.

Kaz

junior
Chicken_Hunter said:

If you think it is thread hijacking, pm a mod & tell them.

I am willing to read your complaint. :lol: :lol:

antonius

Coach
Chicken_Hunter said:
lol, i was only taking the piss out of you... Oh well.

I did realise that, now be careful your starting to Hi-jack MY Thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

antonius

Coach
Kaz said:
Tony

I see you went fishing & caught a HUGE fish. :D

Yes a young Queensland whipper snapper!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: A new species I believe. ;-)

The_Ben

Juniors
Me and my mate went out off Newcastle last Monday and didn't get much. The harbour was still very murky from the rains.

We drifted around in the bight for a grand total of 1 flathead and 1 flounder using pillies.

Tried off Nobbies, but no luck. Inside the harbour, we drifted for another 40 minutes and I got a small pike and that was about the extent of it.

Once these rains are flushed out, I think the action will hot up again.

Haven't got a gps yet. I was bidding on one, but forget the ending time of the bid and missed out on it. I would have paid the price for it too. In fact might go on now and have a bid on another one.

Over Christmas will be doing a few days. I'm buying a jetski soon, so I might end up thrashing bout in the water on it, instead of taking the boat out and fishing.

antonius

Coach
The_Ben said:
Over Christmas will be doing a few days. I'm buying a jetski soon, so I might end up thrashing bout in the water on it, instead of taking the boat out and fishing.
A JETSKI?? Mate I hate those bloody things. Let me re-phrase that I hate most of the clowns that drive them around the lake, they seem to be attracted to blokes fishing, spend their time zooming around your boat all day, I've been known to have the odd dissagreement with jetski drivers... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Ben

Juniors
Well trust me, as an avid fisherman, I would be avoiding any boats fishing because I know what the hassles are. Most jetski riders aren't also fisherman, which is the cause of the problem.

Andy

First Grade
Well I have my gripe towards fisherman being attracted to the area I occupy!

Wen I was 17 I was surfing near the Signa wreck just north of Stocko.

After about an hour two fisho's came up to the sand bar we were surfing off, and decide to throw their lines in.

This really pissed me off, but I just let it go.

20 mins later, when duck diving a wave I feel a sharp pain in the crease of my elbow. When I surfaced I looked down to see fish hook stuck in my arm and the bastard on the beach trying to reel me in!!

Luckily he had a nice sinker for me to grab onto to stop him from pulling the fish hook deeper into my flesh. He finally realised after about a minute of shouting, that he's hooked an angry surfer fish, and stopped widing me in.

I paddled painfully back to shore and proceeded to verbally attack the Rex Hunt wannabe with much ferver. He clumsily apologised as he packed up his tackle box and bucket and scurried away, leaving me with a dirty big hook sticking out of my arm and a very painful, long walk back to my car, to get my pliers to pull the bugger out.

I also had to head to the hospital to get a tetanus injection.

The_Ben

Juniors
Did he put his fishing rod up next to you and take a photo. I would have sent that into ET's fishing series labelled, "look what I caught on stocko beach!"

My opinion is first in first served. If you were there surfing first then the fisherman shouldn't have moved in. Likewise if he was there first.

Providence

Juniors
The_Ben said:
Did he put his fishing rod up next to you and take a photo. I would have sent that into ET's fishing series labelled, "look what I caught on stocko beach!"

My opinion is first in first served. If you were there surfing first then the fisherman shouldn't have moved in. Likewise if he was there first.

Hehehe...

I would have grabbed him under the mouth and help him up for the camera

antonius

Coach
Andy said:
Well I have my gripe towards fisherman being attracted to the area I occupy!

Wen I was 17 I was surfing near the Signa wreck just north of Stocko.

After about an hour two fisho's came up to the sand bar we were surfing off, and decide to throw their lines in.

This really pissed me off, but I just let it go.

20 mins later, when duck diving a wave I feel a sharp pain in the crease of my elbow. When I surfaced I looked down to see fish hook stuck in my arm and the bastard on the beach trying to reel me in!!

Luckily he had a nice sinker for me to grab onto to stop him from pulling the fish hook deeper into my flesh. He finally realised after about a minute of shouting, that he's hooked an angry surfer fish, and stopped widing me in.

I paddled painfully back to shore and proceeded to verbally attack the Rex Hunt wannabe with much ferver. He clumsily apologised as he packed up his tackle box and bucket and scurried away, leaving me with a dirty big hook sticking out of my arm and a very painful, long walk back to my car, to get my pliers to pull the bugger out.

I also had to head to the hospital to get a tetanus injection.

That's first I've ever heard of a fisho catching a surfer, you've got my sympathy Andy I know how painful those hooks can be, I've had one thru my finger, Not a pleasant experience.

Water skiers are another breed of their own, they too are attracted to people fishing. I know on a few occasions I've been seen lobbing the odd Snapper sinker at them as they zoom past my boat. Back to the Jetski fraternity I remember one day we came back to the boat ramp at Valentine only to find a group of them all set up on the ramp, picnic tables, eskys, jetskis the works all parked on the ramp, they were very indignant when we informed them that the ramp was there to launch and retrieve boats, not as party platforms, and would they kindly p!ss off.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy

First Grade
He he he.. silly skiers.

Hey Tony, do you remember the ski jump that used to be permenantly anchored in the bay off Valentine??

Hmm... It was a long time ago, maybe 15 years?

I remember being out on the water with family and friends as a kiddy and seeing a big acco on it.

A skier misjudged his approach to the jump and ended up hitting the side and breaking both his legs :shock:

He was rescued by a couple of fisherman who were fishing off the side of the jump :D

antonius

Coach
Andy said:
He he he.. silly skiers.

Hey Tony, do you remember the ski jump that used to be permenantly anchored in the bay off Valentine??

Hmm... It was a long time ago, maybe 15 years?

I remember being out on the water with family and friends as a kiddy and seeing a big acco on it.

A skier misjudged his approach to the jump and ended up hitting the side and breaking both his legs :shock:

He was rescued by a couple of fisherman who were fishing off the side of the jump :D

I think I vaguely recall them, Where they at Valentine? I think there were a few around different spots in the lake.
By the way Andy, what do you think of my new avatar? ;-)

Latest posts