What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - ITS ALL OVER!!!!!!!!!!

Leasha

Juniors
I'm sorry that this post will not apply to many of you, but I am so incredibly EXCITED that I need to spread my joy :D

Today marks my very last day of Year 12, a momentous day in any life. :)

No longer do I have to be subjected to the humiliation of wearing school uniform! :lol:

No longer will I be forced to be locked in a room with a psychopathic maths teacher who reeks of BO and seems to be incapable of teaching maths! :cry:

No longer will I be forced to stand in a canteen line on a hot day! ;-)

No longer will the teachers have their oppressive control over my outside activities by prescribing ridiculous amounts of homework!!! :roll:

Okay, I still do have the HSC to go... but thats not the important bit, what is important is that never again do I have to go to school (exept for the final exams!) :D

Terminator

First Grade
Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. And welcome, to the real world.

knightsgal85

Juniors
Leasha, welcome to a new era buddy :D

As I reminisce, one year ago, on this day, I was in the same position as yourself. It was a really emotional day for me, & for all of my fellow class mates. I remember the lyrics to our tribute Year 12 Pie Song we sang to the school encompassing all our memories & experiences at high school. We only composed the lyrics the night before the assembly, & the song was unbelievable. I still remember the speech I recited that day, every single word. As I look at my signature bear & my jersey, signed with all the names of Year 12, 2002, along with a small message, it brings back so many wonderful memories.

I hope you have a good one tonight (you will be going out to party I assume ;-) ), but do not lose sight of the bigger picture. As we cling to the mountain that is public education, often in terrible weather, and often without the guiding light of our little torches that should be clipped to our belts, the end, at last is in sight. We have come a long way, scaled many heights. Just one final effort remains, to reach the proverbial summit that is the HSC, the summit that is the end of school, the summit that signals the end of an era. (An extract of my speech to Year 12, & something I thought perhaps you should keep in mind).

I remember one of the head teachers telling us, "you're a number, not even a gender" (something I would always stir debate about, time after time). I also remember a substitute teacher saying to a group of my fellow class mates, "god you guys are derros, why do you even bother?" If that doesn't inspire you to great heights, nothing will.

I know that you have heard this a thousand times, but the best of luck with the upcoming examinations (I really shouldn't use the word 'luck', as it is consistent study, effort & determination that will lead you to success & greater heights, which I have no doubt you have done over the years). Don't stress too much, it is important, but it's not worth dying for. Just do your best, that's all anyone can ask, even yourself.

As you reflect upon the last five years of high school, I'm sure you would of have had an amazing journey – the laughs, the stupid fights, the discos, school carnivals, assemblies, excursions & even the assignments & examinations. People usually say that the high school years are the best years of your life, & believe me, they certainly are a fantastic period of your life. I hope you treasure all the wonderful memories.

Congratulations Leasha on this milestone, you have done well, & hopefully there will be more joyous days ahead.

Cheers, knightsgal85 ;-)

astrogirl

First Grade
Congratulations leasha. Just think, once your exams are over you'll be free for the summer. Make it the best summer of your life!!

All the best for your exams

Leasha

Juniors
Thanks for all the positive support guys! I'm just so glad its all over! :D But believe me, I'll be a million times happier when all my exams are over too:?...

What not even for your boyfriend :lol: ;-)

LMAO MC DUI, believe me, hes already told me that when I burn all my uniforms and books, he has to get one of the uniforms first :roll:!!! :lol:

Latest posts