What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

TheRev

Coach
I could see a win there today if we didnt keep gifting them the ball.. and we actually converted some more opportunities.. I mean 2 disallowed tries too which was awful.. and that stonestreet one from a 45 deg angle pass where the touch judge wasnt watching for.. because he decided to go back and check if anyone went into touch.. even though thats the part the bunker can check.. not the forward pass..

But ultimately you can see the talent potential difference between us and them is immense.. noting that no Suli really hurts us.

Its probably well timed with us looking for props.. Flanno can perhaps see exactly what he thinks needs to change...

John moz

Juniors
Ben hunt did not run at all today or did sloan and bird.
We had no leg speed or direction our spine is the worst in the nrl I feel sorry for the forwards each week and JL he is tackling his ass of every week . Sloan jumps high for who knows what can't catch a ball or tackle but before the game he runs out like a ballerina swivels and spins around when he runs out with team .
He uses all his energy running out they should call him a show pony seriously .

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Front row halfback and 5/8 are the spots we need to look at. Sloane has had his chance and I believe we should not resign Hunt after next year. So halves are also a priority
I am willing to give Sloane the opportunity next year after a serious off season focused on putting on 5-8kgs.
If he comes back next year still as thin and lacking collision confidence he is not the answer. He really needs to up his involvement across the board. Talent gets you so far, hard work plus talent gets you to the top.

56to66

Juniors
I am willing to give Sloane the opportunity next year after a serious off season focused on putting on 5-8kgs.
If he comes back next year still as thin and lacking collision confidence he is not the answer. He really needs to up his involvement across the board. Talent gets you so far, hard work plus talent gets you to the top.
For me Sloan has until mid 2025 to get his game in order, then plan B must be put in motion, he's had a fair go IMO, we really need to find a Bull Bailey and a Jeremy Smith

Last edited:

Tomaraque

Juniors
I am a big Sloan fan and love his attitude to the game. I do think the above post is 100% on the mark.

Also, no end of year knockout games for him, he needs the full off season 100% fit.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I think the club - and that involves Flanno and some "guru" recruitment guy - should look at our current roster really closely and see which of the players would be worthy to keep so that from those kept, we build the squad around them by adding players like they have been doing at the Roosters, Panthers, Storm and now the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have done a massive clean out as we know and that is what we need to do. There should not be any emotions attached as it is a business and one that if we want to be successful for future years consistently, then it is necessary for the purge of players that don't meet the mark, which needs to be set.

As we know, what the Bulldogs had just a couple of years ago, they don't have now - RFM was the last to go I think and that was to us. So it can be done. Someone has got to make the decision and it won't be hard. The person has got to be as hard as nails like Gould has been.

We won't get that success that we would love to have by making the finals every year unless something drastic is done. The time has to come for this to happen sooner rather than later. Someone has got to bite that proverbial bullet and get rid of quite a lot of our players subject to each players contract.

Let the Purge Begin.

denis preston

First Grade
I think the club - and that involves Flanno and some "guru" recruitment guy - should look at our current roster really closely and see which of the players would be worthy to keep so that from those kept, we build the squad around them by adding players like they have been doing at the Roosters, Panthers, Storm and now the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have done a massive clean out as we know and that is what we need to do. There should not be any emotions attached as it is a business and one that if we want to be successful for future years consistently, then it is necessary for the purge of players that don't meet the mark, which needs to be set.

As we know, what the Bulldogs had just a couple of years ago, they don't have now - RFM was the last to go I think and that was to us. So it can be done. Someone has got to make the decision and it won't be hard. The person has got to be as hard as nails like Gould has been.

We won't get that success that we would love to have by making the finals every year unless something drastic is done. The time has to come for this to happen sooner rather than later. Someone has got to bite that proverbial bullet and get rid of quite a lot of our players subject to each players contract.

Let the Purge Begin.
Any real meaningful purge has to start with Haran .