What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT- Music Today

Parki

Bench
Welcome to todays bitch, brought to you by your hero Mark Peterson....

Today I am going to bitch about the electronically produced bullshit that is being put on the radios in mass quantities by, in no particular order:

Jennifer Lopez
Holly Valance
Kylie Minogue
Her Twin Sister Danny
Taliah
Pink

and so the list goes on..... I heard a song this afternoon by Kylie that was 80 percent her talking to a backing tape.... she cant even be bothered miming anymore so she just talks.... I could talk to a backing tape!!! What has happened to the real music? The only performer that i can realistically say that I have an appreciation for her music is Delta, and thats because she plays the piano as well as singing.... and I have a little bit of respect for Christina but her career has been wrecked by her fashion stylist so she can go in my list of people credited for destroying music across the world.... Britney can go too.....you know what I want? Next year, the greatest MUSICAL band on the planet are coming. Their name is METALLICA, and I hope that they go and smash all these pathetic singers backing tapes so that they can no longer pollute my ears with their garbage. I listened to Symphony and Metallica before, Metallica with the LA Symphony Orchestra, and thats music......no backing tapes, just amazing guitar riffs compiled with words that actually mean something..

If you want to add someone who is polluting your ears to the current list of no name talent feel free

Big Tim

First Grade
Any thing on NXFM. Commercial music is just that, commercial and like you said it isnt even music.

Adding to Metallica at BDO is The Butterfly Effect. If you want some home grown music, pay your money and see these guys. They will rock the BDO.

Anonymous

Juniors
what pisses me off is this rnb rap shit that is on the radios 24/7 that is all that is played, some american negro trying to sing. Its a load of garbage.

Samwise

Bench
yeesss can't wait for next years BDO. the lineup is looking killer so far. my must see bands so far are Metallica, perfect circle, mars volta, the strokes, dandy warhols, datsuns, gerling, jet, downsyde, magic dirt and the butterfly effect. the remaining bands that have been announced so far i also wouldnt mind seeing with the exception of something for kate and hoodoo gurus.

The Big Day Out lineup is impressive. When do tickets go on sale? How much are they going to be? Oh well, at least the try hard Triple J'ers will be put off by it a little.

You just have to look a little harder for music, Mark. Have yuo got your ticket to see Metallica in January yet? They won't bring the San Francisco symphony with them, but it'll be alright. They'll be able to have their pyro this time.

EDIT: Get to the BDO website now!!! Tickets for the Sydney BDO are $98!!!

http://www.bigdayout.com/cities_sydney.php#outlets

I am impressed.

Samwise

Bench
october 10. $98 + booking fee.

dont know about that triple j comment. if the thing was sponsored by triple m headlining would be nickelback, prob also have jimmy barnes, and avril lavigne. bleh!!

Matt23

Staff member
Personally I blame the hot 30 countdown for the P*ss poor music that gets played 24/7...RNB = dull & boring.

Terminator

First Grade
Dandy warhols! I'll be going.
I'm an old fart now, so I won't be moshing unless I get really drunk and happy, is Silverchair coming to this one?

Samwise

Bench
probably not, its usually the bands that have an upcoming release. but this is only the 1st annoucement, 2nd one is released in about 3-4 weeks.

full lineup so far is:

METALLICA
The Strokes
A Perfect Circle
The Dandy Warhols
The Flaming Lips
The Mars Volta
Basement Jaxx
Peaches
Black Eyed Peas
Aphex Twin
Luke Vibert
The Hoodoo Gurus (Aus. Only)
Gerling
The Datsuns
Jet (Aus. Only)
Something For Kate (Aus. Only)
Trey (Aus.Only)
Magic Dirt (Aus. Only)
The Butterfly Effect (Aus. Only)
Downsyde (Aus. Only)
Goodshirt (NZ Only)
King Kapisi (NZ Only)
Salmonella Dub (NZ Only)
Scribe (NZ Only)
The D4 (NZ Only)

goddam NZ! i wanna see D4 and salmonella dub! good trade off but we got jet, magic dirt, butterfly effect and downsyde

You know,this topic had me thinking and i went and had a look at my cassette/CD collection
Its Full of Hoodoo gurus-Bruce springsteen-ALICE COOPER-Icehouse-meatloaf{how pathetic was that performance on the footy show last night}
RICHARD MARX-Prince-Matchbox 20-Melissa Etheridge
and-I WONT FALL FOR IT AGAIN-LISA MARIE PRESLEY
I have been sorely tempted to buy Fleetwood Mac but the Presley experience has scared me away!-But.... I SHALL NOT MISS NOR WILL I EVER MISS AN ALICE COOPER release.So if ANYONE notices[ the new ALICE release"THE EYES OF ALICE COOPER" PPPPLLLLEEEAAAASSSSEEE let me know here
OH yeah!!!!!-I must also have the complete Bon Jovi {i missed most of the footy show because MTV were showing Back-to -back clips of them

Then i had a look at my daughters collection [9] at it was full of "So Called "bands who wouldnt know a backbeat and a guitar if it ploughed over then
HOW GAY IS THAT JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!
IM a product of the 80/90 and proud to be there
Cant wait for the time in the future when people look back and JUST LAUGH at this RAP /crap dribble that is on the radio now
173 days till Robbie O repays us all :shock:

Fleetwood Mac are classic, but stay away from their newer stuff. Marx's "Hazard" was a question at trivia the other night.

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
Fleetwood Mac are classic, but stay away from their newer stuff. Marx's "Hazard" was a question at trivia the other night.
I have some Fleetwood Mac, Queen,ELO,Meatloaf,Stones, Elton John, Phil Collins, Genisis and many more from that era in my music collection. Then again I'm an "Old Fart". I agree the rap crap is laughable now, never mind looking back from the future.

terminator007 said:
God Metallica of course!
How much are the tickets going to be?
Terminator 007- have a look at the website bigdayout.com
Not sure if it mentions prices but there was a ticket link there
SYDNEY-22nd of January i think
It looks like it should be re-named huge day out!
Oh and thanks for the fleetwood tip D.M Cow
173 till robbie repays us all :shock:

*melliez*

Juniors
I have heard that The Ataris will be heading back to Australia (will be the third time since January this year) for BDO.

I am a big supporter of this band, and since signing to Columbia, they have started getting radio airplay and also video clips shown on Rage etc.

I personally don't think that this is a good thing, especially seeing as the song they are getting the airplay for is shithouse! (Boys of Summer for those who aren't aware).

They were on Rove on the 23rd of last month, which they played this stupid song, and of course it sucked!

Trust me, if they do play at the BDO next year, make sure you catch them, because they will give you a good show no matter what! I have seen them 5 times now and I will see them another 500 times if I can. They have never disappointed me either on albums or with performances.

Not looking forward to Metallica at BDO. Don't get me wrong, Metallica (pre-Load) is great, but I can not listen to them now since then. It is wrong!

Looking forward to Butterfly Effect though. They will go off!

Alex28

Coach
try hard triple j'ers?

3/4 of those bands wouldnt be at BDO without Triple j...

add Kings of Leon to the list as well.

MC DUI

Juniors
Parki said:
Welcome to todays bitch, brought to you by your hero Mark Peterson....

Today I am going to bitch about the electronically produced bullsh*t that is being put on the radios in mass quantities by, in no particular order:

Jennifer Lopez
Holly Valance
Kylie Minogue
Her Twin Sister Danny
Taliah
Pink

and so the list goes on..... I heard a song this afternoon by Kylie that was 80 percent her talking to a backing tape.... she cant even be bothered miming anymore so she just talks.... I could talk to a backing tape!!! What has happened to the real music? The only performer that i can realistically say that I have an appreciation for her music is Delta, and thats because she plays the piano as well as singing.... and I have a little bit of respect for Christina but her career has been wrecked by her fashion stylist so she can go in my list of people credited for destroying music across the world.... Britney can go too.....you know what I want? Next year, the greatest MUSICAL band on the planet are coming. Their name is METALLICA, and I hope that they go and smash all these pathetic singers backing tapes so that they can no longer pollute my ears with their garbage. I listened to Symphony and Metallica before, Metallica with the LA Symphony Orchestra, and thats music......no backing tapes, just amazing guitar riffs compiled with words that actually mean something..

If you want to add someone who is polluting your ears to the current list of no name talent feel free

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've gotta love a good rant. :lol:

Just use my trick Parki watch all their film clips but turn the sound off ;-)

But ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhh METALLICA is King. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I went to see them whe they last came to Newie and it was swwwwwwweeeeeeeetttt :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anonymous

Juniors
Pretty shitty lineup if you ask me. Not one of those bands tickles my fancy. Not worth $98. The BDO is deteriating, no more big names come anymore. Metallica is the only one this year and they f**ken suck balls and are probably the best there, theres nothing heavy anymore which sucks.