What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle United Vs Kingz

MC DUI

Juniors
Newcastle United secured a vital first up three competition points, with a fairly comfortable 2-1 win over the Football Kingz at Ericsson Stadium in Auckland.

United led 2-0 at half time with goals from Esala Masi (18th minute) and Jobe Wheelhouse (29th minute), with Kingz scoring an 88th minute consolation goal from Harry Ngata.

With both sides losing a lot of key personnel over the off-season, it was vital to secure a good positive start to the season and Newcastle was able to that.

The Kingz were forced to go into the match without its two Norwegian imports, while coach Ken Dugdale surprisingly started veteran midfielder Ngata on the bench. Ngata would later provide the only highlight for Kingz fans, with a clever overhead kick that gave his team a sniff of a draw.

Newcastle took the lead when new signing Greg Owens capitalised on a mistake by Kingz defender John Tambouras, who immediately played it to Fijian international Esala Masi, who made no mistake.

Eleven minutes later Newcastle was able to double its lead, when Wheelhouse was able to get the last touch following at scramble at the near post, following a free kick.

The Kingz must quickly regroup, find some form and hope they can pick up points on two difficult away trips against Sydney United and Parramatta Power before they meet defending champions Perth Glory in Auckland in a fortnight.

Nice work boys :D :D :D

I have been so sheltered down here in SA that I didn't even realise the soccer had started again. :shock:
How are United looking this season anyways people, I can't get any info down here. :(

Is anybody aware of a site where I could pick up a radio broadcast of United's games :?: :?:

tigermite

Juniors
Newcastle are looking ok for this year. Although they lost about 10 players in the off-season and have only picked up a few (though that was always going to happen as they wanted to reduce costs with a smaller squad). Beltrame went to Parra then done a shoulder in a trial and is out for the year, so that looks like it might have worked in our favour. Speaking of Parra, the new favourites for this year, we lost 1-0 to them in a trial but the goal came from the penalty spot from a dubious decision, and apart from that, we were on top in that game. We have lost most of our backline, so that is where we might struggle (if we do struggle) for a while until they get to know each others style of play.

Go to http://www.newcastleunited.com.au for news on the team, and there is a forum at http://www.newcastlefootball.cjb.net/ if you want to talk to other fans about anything to do with United, or Newcastle soccer in General. That'd be the best way to get any info on them.

As for picking up a radio broadcast on the net... I highly doubt you'd be able to find anything (except when they play against Perth as I think they have a radio broadcast that is on the net to... or they used to anyway... you'd have to check though). 2HD cver our matches but I don't think they put it on the net, though you might as well check to make sure.

MC DUI

Juniors
tigermite said:
As for picking up a radio broadcast on the net... I highly doubt you'd be able to find anything (except when they play against Perth as I think they have a radio broadcast that is on the net to... or they used to anyway... you'd have to check though). 2HD cver our matches but I don't think they put it on the net, though you might as well check to make sure.

Thanks tigermite, yeah I've only actually been away from Newie for about 3 months so I knew about 2HD, I just wasn't sure if you could find their broadcast on the Web anywhere. :D

If anybody else is aware of a site please let me know. :)

tigermite

Juniors
Aaron and the other guy that did the commentary last year aren't doing it this year (well they didn't do it yesterday and I think they've both left the station). And from what I heard yesterday on the radio (I was at a soccer presentation and only heard a couple of minutes waiting for a score update), that is a bad thing. The two on yesterday were hopeless, there were long pauses before they said anything, and generally you didn't know what was going on. Hopefully they'll get better as they get used to calling the soccer, otherwise it'll be painful listening to them for a full game.

MC DUI

Juniors
tigermite said:
Aaron and the other guy that did the commentary last year aren't doing it this year (well they didn't do it yesterday and I think they've both left the station). And from what I heard yesterday on the radio (I was at a soccer presentation and only heard a couple of minutes waiting for a score update), that is a bad thing. The two on yesterday were hopeless, there were long pauses before they said anything, and generally you didn't know what was going on. Hopefully they'll get better as they get used to calling the soccer, otherwise it'll be painful listening to them for a full game.

Are you serious :?: :evil:
What happened to Aaron, I was enjoying their commentary of the Soccer.
:evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

tigermite

Juniors
MC DUI said:
I don't know. All I was told was that he had left 2HD, and he definitely wasn't calling the game on the weekend. But ask Antonius, he used to listen to his sports show a fair bit so he may know more.

Tony... any knowledge on where he went and why??

Encurly

Juniors
MC DUI said:

I believe he's gone off to work with Helen Duncan Promotions full time.

Latest posts