What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - South Sydney

Andy

First Grade
A rather desperate Paul Langmack, coach of the South Sydney Rabbitohs,
gets wind of a potential new young recruit who lives in Iraq.
The club has inspirational leader George Piggins catch a plane to war torn
Baghdad and track down the young boy.
George risks life and limb dodging bombs, bullets and grenades but finally
finds the boy and convinces him to come to Australia. He does a full
pre-season, plays in all the practice matches and gets picked on the bench
in first grade for the first premiership game of the year.
Ten minutes into the first half, Brian Fletcher goes down with a severe
knee injury.
Langmack turns to the boy and says "This is it son, go into the second row
and show us what you can do."
The boy proceeds to play the greatest debut game in NRL history. He scores three tries, tops the tackle count (including a match saver to equal Scott Sattler's), and kicks the winning goal after the siren from on the sideline.
The Rabbitohs chair him off the ground and give him three cheers back in the rooms. Langmack tells the team what the boy from Iraq has been through and that he is a model lesson for all.
Langmack then pulls the boy aside and says "Go into my office son, ring
your Mother and tell her what you did today".
He proceeds to do so. "Mum", he says down the phone, "Guess what I did
today?
"I don't care what you did today his Mother replies. "I tell you what
happened here today", she goes on. "Your Dad was stabbed and robbed, the house was fire bombed, our car blown up, your sister raped and your
brother's been abducted."
"Gee," says the boy. "I feel a bit responsible for what happened".
His Mother replies "So you should be, if it wasn't for you we would never
have shifted to Redfern."

antonius

Coach
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is a classic, you should post that in the NRL forum, or better still on the Rabbits forum

antonius

Coach
Don't know how many people visit the wabbits forum in the off season ( Second thoughts, it's always an Off season for the wabbits, isn't it? :lol: ) I'd stick it in the NRL one as well, bound too hook a few in there. ;-)

Leasha

Juniors
LMFAO THATS SO GOLD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha I loved that! Ive already copied it and sent it to my best friend who is a Rabbitohs supporter, she is going to kill me! THANKS!!! :lol:

The joke has been around for a while now, Tony. I reckon they're probably a bit over it. Still, doesn't mean we can't have a little laugh over it.

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
The joke has been around for a while now, Tony. I reckon they're probably a bit over it. Still, doesn't mean we can't have a little laugh over it.

Geeeeeez I'm slow, I hadn't seen it before, must be getting old ;-)

Alba

Coach
antonius said:
Don't know how many people visit the wabbits forum in the off season ( Second thoughts, it's always an Off season for the wabbits, isn't it? :lol: ) I'd stick it in the NRL one as well, bound too hook a few in there. ;-)

now now come on dont b like dat jus think about how Penrith was last year they were losin heaps of close games, so GO DA RABBITOHS for 2004!!!

Kaz

junior
antonius said:
Somebody has removed it from the Wabbits forum, surely they are not that touchy??

I will probably get the blame for that. :lol: :lol:

Even though my PC is at the Computer Dr at the moment.

Latest posts