What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Vlad59

Bench
How’s that triggered sweet cheeks? I think you need to look up the definition for your sake. It’s the only response you have when people call your nonsense out.

Please keep in mind that you felt the urge to scroll back pages and interject yourself in a reply I sent to Perth Red for a topic you don’t value ie Bears and yet spend an unhealthy amount of time on all before 7am.

If you can’t see the issue in that then you’re no hope. It’s loser behaviour. If I’m wrong here on any of the above please correct me.
Sorry could you repeat that?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Change

the main sponsor and this is probs the best Western Bears jersey mockup I’ve seen. Completely personal preference but the North Sydney rip offs seem derivative and stuck in the 90’s in a bad way to me and the other originals have been just meh….. well done PR!
Cheers, not my original design, came from someone on the Western Bears facebook group, I just added the yellow and sponsors to show what an unclean version looks like.

Sponsor integration is important in any jersey (my club HKR do this beautifully and actually have an agreement that any sponsor has to be able to be integrated into the colours) but as we see too often is rarely the case. Therefore its important to consider any design (but especially chevron design) in light of the fact it may get an ugly box slapped on it.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Here’s a good way to Incorporate the sponsor and not have it so noticeable
Eyes are focused 2inches above ;)

Seriously though its easier on a plain jersey than a chevron jersey. As soon as you have V's putting a box on them is always going to be visually problematic, especially on deep V design like I posted. Shallow V you can sit the sponsor below (ala Bulldogs), deeper V ideally you want it cutting through (ala St George). Box over the top is the ugliest way of adding a sponsor imo.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Cheers, not my original design, came from someone on the Western Bears facebook group, I just added the yellow and sponsors to show what an unclean version looks like.

Sponsor integration is important in any jersey (my club HKR do this beautifully and actually have an agreement that any sponsor has to be able to be integrated into the colours) but as we see too often is rarely the case. Therefore its important to consider any design (but especially chevron design) in light of the fact it may get an ugly box slapped on it.

Can definitely incorporate logos a tad better.
Take Qantas for example their colours are red, black and white. It should be a seamless approach.

Mind you much better than the half assed attempts below.

IMG_5280.jpeg

Vlad59

Bench
We all know the Bears are parasites but the club culture appears to be dreadful. Coaches allegedly gambling on games and running drugs? Is this the right club for the WA franchise to associate with? Dear me!

flippikat

First Grade
We all know the Bears are parasites but the club culture appears to be dreadful. Coaches allegedly gambling on games and running drugs? Is this the right club for the WA franchise to associate with? Dear me!
You know, it'd be cool if you just reserve judgement for a while & just give this venture a chance to show it's worth.

You make it sound like the Bears personally axed your job, killed your dog & slept with your wife. On the same day.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Since you’re clearly interested in me and can’t go a day without interacting with me. Here is a quick summary. Try to keep up.

On and off in living in Brisbane in 36 years (I clearly stated this).

Played for Bears in juniors late 90s after being scouted from Souths Magpies. Stopped playing when they merged with Manly. Dad was involved with the club in the 80s. Lifelong supporter.

Have sponsored junior rugby league and cricket clubs in and around South Brisbane and Logan area for about a decade via my development company and construction companies. Love the sport and put my money where my heart is.

Bears moving to Perth. Not that hard to grasp why I support them considering how long I’ve been championing their return and am a Bears fan. Have been on and off with their various bids over the years. Once it included investment. Now it’s more a case of certain people in certain management roles reach out for commercial opinions.

If you got any questions, ask away. I’ll be sure to get back to you once you start using your brain. Going off how you operate though, that might take awhile. Don’t hold your breath.
Don't forget pretending the Lions are popular here

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
would expect to see a prominent Perth business, legal or academic woman also added to bring some gender diversity.
Why? What's between your legs is the most irrelevant type of diversity. Get smart people that will run the club well regardless of genetalia

Last edited:

Latest posts