What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-stupid

garden fairy

Juniors
Shudder, ice rink accidents chill me to the bone.

My best friend is a professional ice skater and competes for Australia in a Sycronised figure skating team (a team of about 20 girls who all do the same thing at the same time - sort of like the Holden Stormriders!) :mrgreen: They compete nationally and internationally.

Last year, I went away to Queenbeyan while she was away in Queensland for her National championships. I didn't have any reception while I was away, and on the way back I was greeted by a message on my voicemail. Stopping to listen to it, I found it was a message from my best friend telling me she'd been in an accident, and to call her ASAP.

She'd been skating in the official practice before the competition, and had taken a tumble during the program. The girl next to her had tripped, fallen, and in the process, taken off her pinky finger with her skate blade. :shock: Five hours of microsurgery and a whole heap of morphine later, they managed to re-attach it. It still doesn't bend the same. :p

astrogirl

First Grade
garden fairy, your story is causing my brain to conjure up some horrendous visuals 8-[ I am not a fan of blood. Well it's good that I have it, but I don't like to see it. (I am barely making sense.)

northey

First Grade
oh i went to get a back pack bag for england and i got inside it and got stuck.. some of thoes bags are big enough to live in!!!

socksie

Juniors
i was at a party about a year ago and had had a little too much to drink. when i have too much to drink i get really thirsty and drink lots of water to compensate for the large amounts of alcohol i've just consumed. so i'm stumbling around my friends house trying to get a glass of water.

another mate comes up to me and hands me a bottle of water so i grabbed it and skulled the entire thing. when i finished i almost hit the floor and passed out instantly.

why?

the bottle of water was a bottle of vodka and me, in my drunken state and stupidity, didnt realise until i was told about it the morning after.

never again.

Doctor

Bench
blue and red socks said:
i was at a party about a year ago and had had a little too much to drink. when i have too much to drink i get really thirsty and drink lots of water to compensate for the large amounts of alcohol i've just consumed. so i'm stumbling around my friends house trying to get a glass of water.

another mate comes up to me and hands me a bottle of water so i grabbed it and skulled the entire thing. when i finished i almost hit the floor and passed out instantly.

why?

the bottle of water was a bottle of vodka and me, in my drunken state and stupidity, didnt realise until i was told about it the morning after.

never again.

Alcohol - I'm not sure I understand the need to get so inebriated that you lose control of your faculties. Reasoned consumption is fine, in fact it has proven health benefits, but how is excessive drinking beneficial to you?

Nothing against you blue and red socks, I should clear this up straight away - perhaps it is worth discussing by people other than the police, government and other community bodies after the event (road accidents, alcohol related deaths etc) - there is a whole thread that could be commenced relating to this topic but perhaps it is time to begin questioning the very moral and social framework we place ourselves and consequently our families, in. :idea:

Latest posts