What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-The HSC

CoastieChik

Juniors
YAY only 2 to go!!! This time next week and I'm OUTTA THERE!!!!! :D

Thanks for the well-wishes Leasha - but think it all came a little too late - if it could have eva helped me!! Thought maths was ok today - well it could have been worse!! - but REALLY hated english, though thats self-explanatory IMO!! :x And as for maths on mon...:shock: :( Not looking forward to physics either - damn ideas to implementation :evil: - why would u bother!! But when thats all over I'll only have one more (extremely painful) exam!! :D Bring it on I say!!

Yeah I don't rate the whole HSC system either! I think it's a joke the way ppl can do all arty-farty subjects and get unreal UAIs, over someone doing the 'more difficult' subjects!! [-( But...I don't really have any ways around it - so I'll just be grateful that I'm almost finished with the silly system!! :roll:

AND i agree - do ppl NOT realise how flip-ping ANNOYING they are being when they ask how the study is going!!!! I know they're only trying to be nice - but way to depress us even more by what we 'should' be doing!!! (can they not see that we don't want to die so painfully at such a young age - the HSC is not our life!!!)

Anywayz, welcome aboard sexybum O:)

...and b&r socks - I hope ure interviews went well O:)

sexybum

Juniors
well good luck with ur last two exams coastiechick
i hate science! thank god i dropped chem...it was so boring!! lol

so what is everyones plans after the HSC??
uni? tafe? or work?
i really wanna get into uni but i dont know what ill do...all the uai's are so bloody high!!! whats the go with that man?! :x

Leasha

Juniors
well good luck with ur last two exams coastiechick
i hate science! thank god i dropped chem...it was so boring!! lol

uni? tafe? or work?
i really wanna get into uni but i dont know what ill do...all the uai's are so bloody high!!! whats the go with that man?!

Whats wrong with chem? Its probably my favourite subject, either that or English... hmm maybe I just have a good teacher! But nothing will ever match the antics of chemistry class, when 2 of the guys set a table on fire and we accidentally singed the eyebrows of our teacher... and when we did fermentation, we left our experiment a few months long and it turned into beer hahahaha!

Hmm plans for next year... as yet, undecided. I'd like to go to uni, but I know I'll never get high enough marks for what I wanted to do (physiotherapy at Newie Uni, you need 97)... I bet that I'll end up being the biggest bogan, spending most of my time with my boyfriend, destroying my liver with copious amounts of alcohol, making money from the occasional modelling job... ahh thats the life! :D

Sweeper

Juniors
sexybum said:
uni? tafe? or work?
I've got this great groove in this lounge chair happening... but i feel there is improvement. I am going to make a career of it... that... and watching the Jerry Springer show! =D>

Leasha

Juniors
Little Austin Powers said:
sexybum said:
uni? tafe? or work?
I've got this great groove in this lounge chair happening... but i feel there is improvement. I am going to make a career of it... that... and watching the Jerry Springer show! =D>

You forgot to mention your continuing support for Subaru there LAP... :D
I think that will be my greatest memory of those long triple periods of Extension Maths on a Tuesday... you and your Sube discussions... :D

Sweeper

Juniors
Leasha said:
You forgot to mention your continuing support for Subaru there LAP... :D
I think that will be my greatest memory of those long triple periods of Extension Maths on a Tuesday... you and your Sube discussions... :D
Now, you don't want to be seen as a thread hijacker. You're going off on a bit of a tangent to the curve here... we don't want those moderators starting a new f**king thread for arguements! (What a threat that is)

Where do they find these pieces of shit?

socksie

Juniors
CoastieChik said:
I think it's a joke the way ppl can do all arty-farty subjects and get unreal UAIs, over someone doing the 'more difficult' subjects!! [-( But...I don't really have any ways around it - so I'll just be grateful that I'm almost finished with the silly system!! :roll:

yeah this girl in my school last yr got 99.95 and she did:
english, no maths, drama, food tech... and something else i dont remember

CoastieChik said:
...and b&r socks - I hope ure interviews went well O:)

they did! i got the job at krispy kreme but the training's in PENRITH and i'll have to travel, like, 3 hrs to get there and back and the orientation day starts at 6pm.... absolute ridiculousness!! plus, the pay is sh*t and i think i'll be wasting my time

parra_princess

Juniors
Hey BR socks
I go to the Krispey Kreme at Penrith occasionally. I will say to you good luck, I havn't been to that place once where I havn't been forced to wait for at least 20 minutes to be served. It's absolutely chockers cos it's the only place like it in sydney. Good luck who knows I might buy an Original glaze off you =P~ So yes good luck indeed.

And everyone 1...2...3 F*** the HSC.

socksie

Juniors
i dont think i'm going to take them up on their job offer

its just too far for me to travel and i'll probably spend the pay they give me on train and bus tickets anyway!! and definitely not worth my time

my sister was upset with me when i told her this because she loves krispy kreme doughnuts (i personally think 2 is as much as you can/should eat in one sitting. although she seems to think 5..)

hope everyone is going well, not stressing too much :D

The Vern

Juniors
F@#K THE HSC. That feels better. Well modern history is finshed and it was crap. I had to learn all this crap and then they test me on one miniscule part of it. Now thats a great way to terst people :roll: Such a waste of time. well only one more exam then its finished. As for plans for next year lots fo work, maybe uni and a hell of a lot of sitting around doing nothing. Now thats the kind of thing i can do well

parra_princess

Juniors
Exacttly Vern!

In 2004, It's going to be a football-a-thon. I'm going to try to go to every single Eels game. Yep NZ, Melbourne wherever the draw takes me i'll be there loving every minute. See when you don't have school work as your #1. Priority (ok it never was but it had to look like i had it there) you can do the things you enjoy more...LIKE FOOTY!!!!

And if I don't see any of you at the Eels/Knights game i'm gonna personally e-mail you and tell you what a FKN waste it has been since you guys have left high school.

And blue and red socks...yeh fk Krispey Kreme it's honestly no greater than working at Maccas or any other underpaying fast food outlet. Anyways boys and girl PP/GG has to go study for Business Studies Monday, laterz 8)

sexybum

Juniors
yeh! f**k the HSC lol :D

yeh im with u on krispy kremes parra princess...
i think that place is pretty overrated...although the doughnuts are nice i wouldnt spend an hour lining up to buy them!!!

The Vern

Juniors
parra_princess said:
Exacttly Vern!

In 2004, It's going to be a football-a-thon. I'm going to try to go to every single Eels game. Yep NZ, Melbourne wherever the draw takes me i'll be there loving every minute. See when you don't have school work as your #1. Priority (ok it never was but it had to look like i had it there) you can do the things you enjoy more...LIKE FOOTY!!!!

And if I don't see any of you at the Eels/Knights game i'm gonna personally e-mail you and tell you what a FKN waste it has been since you guys have left high school.

And blue and red socks...yeh fk Krispey Kreme it's honestly no greater than working at Maccas or any other underpaying fast food outlet. Anyways boys and girl PP/GG has to go study for Business Studies Monday, laterz 8)

Well im trying to get to as many games as possible as well but i will have to drive up so i wont be at every game casue i live in stupid Wollongong but im going to try to get to there first game (does anyone know who we are playing round 1 or isnt the draw out yet). My priorities will definately be set sraight next year. This year i missed going to 3 games cause i was studying for various test (fortunatly one was the bulldogs game so no loss there) but next year ill be there for as many games as possible. Might even get a season pass so i have extra insentive to go.

aqua_duck

Coach
Man Modern history today was so stupid, the questions were absolute crap, specially the Arab Israel question, it was so I dunno weird. The source questions were either really easy or hard, I'm not sure, it was so easy that it didn't seem normal, hopefully the 20 odd pages worth of writing I cherned up will be enough. Right after HSC I'm definately going to a)get pissed off my mind, b)go to the gym, c)play touch footy and d)get my P's.
As for next year hopefully I'll be at Uni doing a sience degree, I need a UAI of about 80-85 to do either science or telecommunications engineering at UNSW, I also intend to become a footy junkie. I intend to join Berala bears rugby league club, play a handful of games and get my annual footy pass. However is HSC doesnt go to plan its off the the army.

socksie

Juniors
well i figured id only be earning about $20 per 4 hr shift and including travel time, i would receive approximately $2.80/hour (thats not including tax i would have to pay) so i think KK can shove doughnuts up their ...

its slave labour!

id rather sit at home with a remote control in my hand and get fat :? :x

knightsgal85

Juniors
Leasha said:
I have to study for physics

How did you find the Physics examination (assumption)? I hope everything went according to plan and there were not many real surprises.

I'm sick of being told how important it is and that I should devote my entire life to studying for it. As far as i'm concerned the HSC is a farce and I couldn't give a sh*t how bad or good I go.

I know how you all feel - I completed the HSC last year. I watched the 60 Minutes feature in relation to the HSC, and how teachers and parents are placing so much emphasis on performing well on the eve of the HSC examinations.

The HSC should never be categorised as the be-all and end-all. Sure, the HSC examination period can be stressful to some extent, and yes, in my opinion it is important, but in no means is it worth dying for. Just do your best, that's all anyone can ask, even yourself.

I am in no way saying that there should be reduced emphasis on the HSC examinations. I believe it should definitely be considered as a milestone in one's life (well, it was for me personally), but it should never be viewed as a measurement of 'success or failure' in life. If you do not achieve the required UAI to get into the particular course you desire, there are so many other avenues of reaching your ambitions and aspirations. Simply put, you can never truely measure one's ability or success on the basis of some mathematical statistic (i.e. performance in an examination), as you would have completely omitted some of the other contributing and important variables that make up the definition of success.

I do not consider the UAI to be anything special. I believe it is the HSC mark which gives you the most pleasure. I just hate it when people ask, "What did you get for your UAI (believing it to be the be-all and end-all)?"

It has to be realised that the HSC is by no means the best indicator of who is best placed to take up positions in tertiary institutions.

For those who did the 2-unit Mathematics examination, I do hope you managed to derive a final answer in part (iii) of $2324.47 and (iv) $499 of Question 10. You also have to realise that Mathematics will be definitely scaled up by the Board of Studies, so therefore the degree of difficulty will be used to adjust final results, and give a more accurate reflection upon your performance in that particular subject.

Best wishes with the remaining examinations to those who are still continuing. May the force be with you (sorry, Star Wars analogy ;-) ). Believe me, when you reflect upon the HSC after receiving results, you will say with more confidence, "It was a piece of cake", and then you will begin to wonder why you exerted so much pressure on yourselves, and why others (e.g. teachers and parents) did likewise.

Cheers, Knightsgal85 ;-)

MC DUI

Juniors
Hey guys good luck if you have any remaining exams. 8)

Just remember you aren't the only ones doing exams at the moment, I have a CPA exam coming up on Monday and if I fail it will cost me $560 bucks! Now that is pressure :lol:

HSC ain't the end by any means, I have in the 4 years since my HSC, completed a Uni degree and now I am working, as I mentioned on a CPA, and after that I'm sure I'll be working on something else :lol:

knightsgal85

Juniors
MC DUI said:
I have a CPA exam coming up on Monday and if I fail it will cost me $560 bucks! Now that is pressure :lol:

Wow, so you will soon be a qualified Certified Practising Accountant. Best wishes in your upcoming examination MC DUI. May the force be with you :D

I'm actually studying at the moment for a double degree, Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Business Law). Final examinations are a little over 3 weeks away, and then it will be time to indulge upon pure relaxation. First year of university has gone so quickly :eek:

One of my mates will soon be a qualified Chartered Accountant after completing the requirements of that particular program. I am unsure of the difference between CA's and CPA's, but I realise that CPA's are more widely recognised within the community. So I have to part with so much money just for one examination if I were to fail the CPA program? ... yikes! :shock: I suppose it is a similar scenario with that of the final examinations at university. You cannot afford to fail, or otherwise you will be burdened to pay another $600 to repeat the subject all over again.

Latest posts