What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT- The Lion King

~bedsy~

First Grade
It is one of the best things I have ever seen.... I had the time of my life at that play.
I would love to go and see it again... I wont say much incase there is someone on here who is going to see it... If you are you will not regret it :D

Providence

Juniors
Yeah I was thinking about taking my niece to see it, but she's too young (9 weeks) :D .

I'm a typical doting uncle who thinks the world of his new niece and wants to do everything for her. ;-)

I went and saw Greece last weekend because my friend was playing the part of Sandy.

Unfortunately the show sucked! LOL.

Some sections were ok I guess, but most of it was pretty boring and I thought the musical talent was poor.

Altogether I gave it a 4/10.

I guess if I'd paid $20 for my ticket instead of $50 my view my be little less synical, but I'd still only rate it lowly.

princess plj

Juniors
bedsy said:
It is one of the best things I have ever seen.... I had the time of my life at that play.
I would love to go and see it again... I wont say much incase there is someone on here who is going to see it... If you are you will not regret it :D

thank for that bedsy- i am going to see it next thurs night and i cannot wait to see it. =D>

Risa

Bench
I'm going to see it with my sister & mum in January. It's great to hear from someone that it's a really good show and worthwhile seeing!

~bedsy~

First Grade
You will not regret seeing it.
It is a fantastic show for everyone... the music, costumes... everything about it is amazing.
I'm even getting a little plush Simba for christmas :D

antonius

Coach
Saw a bit of a doco on the show a while ago, and I have to say the costumes, and pupet type props are sensational, and very very clever, if the show lives up to the standard of inovation used to depict the animals then it would be well worth while seeing.

Megalomaniac

Juniors
I've seen a few documentaries on the show and it looks amazing! I've been meaning to go and see it but no one wants to go with me :(

Another show that looks interesting is "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". I had to study that book in Primary and it was superb! Anyone planning to see this?

~bedsy~

First Grade
I'd go and see it even if noone else wanted to go with me. It's in Sydney for 2 yrs... then goes to Melbourne.

I've heard of it... but at the moment no plans to go and see it.

hughesyno1fan

Juniors
I really want to go and hopefully I get the tickets for chrissy, I have left several hints to everyone concerneed, so lets hope I get some cause from all sources it was brilliant, and damn one of my friends for going on work experience there

~bedsy~

First Grade
Yeah some freinds of mine I think went and saw it last night... but their son wouldn't go and I told him he will regret it and still wouldn't go... I would love to go again.

Risa

Bench
As I mentioned in this thread earlier, that I was going to see it on 16/1. Well, that was last night and I can tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was my favourite animated movie, and the show lived up to all my expectations.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Can you believe it's been 10 yrs since it was released?... I couldn't when I heard it... Plus there will be a new double dvd coming out... it's already out in America, don't when it comes out here though.

Misanthrope

Staff member
We did a case study on its director in theatre this year, and it really motivated me to want to go and see it. If I ever have the cash (and the misfortune of being in Sydney), I'll most definitely intend. Some of the clips we saw were simply astounding.

~bedsy~

First Grade
It is fantastic.... I want to go and see it again.
Mum, my bro and I might be going again soon. He hasn't seen it yet.
We went on a bus trip with Sidd Foggs I think, they take you down there and back, it was much better than trying to find it ourselves :lol:

B-dos

Referee
Yeah ive seen it and i loved it also. Great night out. Cant recommend it enough..

astrogirl

First Grade
bedsy said:
I found the topic for you astro ;-)
Thanks bedsy!!! Hope it wasn't too much trouble.

I went to see the Lion King last night and I absolutely loved it. It was my first ever musical :D

Everyone seems to talk about the costumes first and I can see why - they were incredible and the mixture between using them as masks and reverting to seeing the actors' facial expressions was sensational.

I really enjoyed the scenes with Pumba and Timone. I'm not usually a fan of fart jokes, but the jokes about Pumba's flatulence were funny :D

I've had Hakuna Matata in my head for most of the the day :D

Anyway I highly recommend going to see this show - I was enthralled for pretty much the entire show!

~bedsy~

First Grade
I cryed through the whole thing :lol:
But I still cry during the cartoon.

No it wasn't too much trouble.