What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Why I hate Mayfield

Doctor

Bench
is your dentists name Martin Davies?

Ahh, no. Funny thing is that I don't actually know his name - Dr Baird or something I think. Anyway, all I know is that I leave the surgery with the strong taste of both blood and rubber - and that minor scraping costs about $75 for all of 3 minutes work - Government pays all that though.

I am still to work out wether this guy is the exception, or your friends.

He is no friend of mine if he is robbing places - he doesn't sound like a clever criminal, holding up the same place twice. Anyway, who is to say he is from Mayfield? Hang on a sec...robbing the same place twice - only a Mayfield resident is that stupid...

misty

Juniors
Ahh, no. Funny thing is that I don't actually know his name - Dr Baird or something I think. Anyway, all I know is that I leave the surgery with the strong taste of both blood and rubber - and that minor scraping costs about $75 for all of 3 minutes work - Government pays all that though.

We do got to the same surgery Dr Baird works there.... well there you go its a small world. :)

MC DUI

Juniors
Big Tim2 said:
I'd just like to add that this utter d*ck who held me up on Thursday came back. He came back tonight and held up another one of our attendants. Stupid fool touched a few things though, so we got some fingerprints, but geez, I know you are defending Mayfield, but as in all things there is always a minority who are an exception. I am still to work out wether this guy is the exception, or your friends.

I'd say your friends. In any case I am not happy cos he came back in 2 days, guess who has to work in two days????

I'm telling ya BigTim a baseball bat would do wonders for this fellow, you would be doing him a favour. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Doctor

Bench
We do got to the same surgery Dr Baird works there.... well there you go its a small world

There you go - now I've got Rowan Akitson's version of the 'Its a small world' song in my head
:roll:
Maybe I am Dr Baird......[insert sinister music here]

[/quote]

rourkster

Juniors
Tim - BP and red pillow case over the head? Remember both of them well. He's a bit slow or geniused or something this bloke isn't he? Talks funny.

antonius

Coach
mia said:

We do got to the same surgery Dr Baird works there.... well there you go its a small world. :)
Are you sure it's not LAIRD? because my dentist is there and that's his name, I think there's another one there called Tynan. :D

Doctor

Bench
Ha Ha :lol: You've got me cracking up over here in Chookland Tony. It may well be Laird - I'm getting myself confused with the former politician the most honourable Bruce Baird - former transport minister or something I think. :roll:

misty

Juniors
antonius said:
mia said:

Are you sure it's not LAIRD? because my dentist is there and that's his name, I think there's another one there called Tynan. :D

Its Laird,Kendall,Clark and Davies Dental Surgeons looks like we all go to the same place. :lol:

Doctor

Bench
Yep, that's the one. It has a squishy car-park around the side, a big plaque (no pun intended) at the front saying all their names, and then you have to walk about 10 stories (give or take 8 or 9) to get into the waiting room - they must be a popular choice of dentists. Wait....Popular Dentists - another oxy-moron. :roll:

Andy

First Grade
Someone's probably asked this already Tim, but I couldn't be bothered reading all the posts...

Do you work at the Mayfield Quix???

Andy

First Grade
Big Tim2 said:
The BP down the road with the Car Wash.

Ahh ok then. No worries.

My office is over in Warabrook, and the idiocy you speak of spills over into this suburb too.

Just hang around the front doors of Woolies for a while and you see exactly what I'm talking about.

Doctor

Bench
Just hang around the front doors of Woolies for a while and you see exactly what I'm talking about.

Front doors of Warabrook's Woolies or Mayfield?
There are some strange characters in Mayfield but I can't say I've seen anything too weird in Warabrook. It really isn't that bad compared to other parts of this area, let alone parts of Sydney.

The fact there are two Woolies within the space of a couple of kms, and sitting on the same road - either strategically brilliant or wasteful.

Andy

First Grade
You're certainly right about Mayfield Woolies being worse chook, but trust me, Warabrook has a few cretens aswell.

It's not too bad though, I think it's just the crazy ones who come from Mayfield that are the culprits really :)

Encurly

Juniors
Original_Chook said:
The fact there are two Woolies within the space of a couple of kms, and sitting on the same road - either strategically brilliant or wasteful.

Bit of both probably. They mainly bought Warabrook from Franklins to stop Coles getting a foothold in Mayfield area - even though Waratah's a stone's throw away, too. Gave them a spot to put their petrol station, too.

I don't have a big problem with Mayfield. I lived in Tighes Hill for 9 years and yeah, there's some dregs, but there's some really good people, too. The mix is a bit different to suburbia, but that can be good, too.

There's a lot worse suburbs in Newcastle.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Encurly said:
There's a lot worse suburbs in Newcastle.
That there is.... I have to go to Gateshead West to visit my grandma..as if she's not bad enough, I have to go there as well. I hate the place.

But the only time I go to Mayfeild and Warrabrook is when I pass through to go home to Port Mac.

Latest posts