What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Worst Xmas present - Best Xmas present

roopy

Referee
Worst - My sister is a classic, for years she has been buying beer mugs and ashtrays for my three brothers and me for Xmas. This works out fine for my brothers who all smoke and drink beer, but I have never smoked and only have a beer maybe once every few years.

Best - I was taken on a three day Holiday to the blue Mountains by my girlfriend about 10 years ago - that was special (I wonder what ever happened to her).

Kaz

junior
Worst: My Grandmother several years ago gave me a terry towelling canary yellow dress with lime green piping sleeves size 16. :-& :-&

Not only was the dress awful, I was a size 8 at the time.

Best: Going to Europe in 1988-1989, I surprised myself with a great present. :D

garden fairy

Juniors
Worst: One of those flour-filled stress ball things with fluffy hair and those googly eyes. It was intended to help me through the HSC, but it actually ended up going rock hard and is now useless.

Best: Yesterday I was given a car as a combined 19th birthday/Christmas present from my nan and aunt. It rocks!

Andy

First Grade
Worst: Anything I get from my grandparents on my dad's side. I don't get anything off my mum's parent's, so there's no bad presents there :D

Best: A round the world trip last Christmas including Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, L.A, St. Louis, Orlando, New York City, London, Paris, Rome and Singapore.

mrford61

Juniors
Worst- Mother in law bought me a water pistol ??I worry about her sometimes

Best - Last year from wife, Garmin 12 GPS, use it in my gyro copter - lots of fun

Jedda

Juniors
Worst: A truely ugly bracelet my father gave to my mother (who returned it when she left him) which was then flogged off to me. :cry:

Best: Arrives on a Plane in NZ on Boxing Day :D/

knightsgal85

Juniors
Worst - A toy spider - it's hideous :lol: Also, an engraved sterling silver cigarette lighter where I am clearly a non-smoker.

Best - Overseas holiday to Fiji, despite the fact I have not as yet experienced it (this year's Christmas present from my parents).

Worst - An aunt bought me talc powder when I was about 15. No idea why but it has always stuck in my head as a shocker.

Best - The girlfriend and I bought a kitten for ourselves this year. Top little fella.

lambchoprulz

Juniors
hey!

worst - i remeber when i was little my mum gave me a toy, a teddy bear like monkey, I'M TERRIFIED OF MONKEYS! :shock:

best - my dog, he's so gorgeous, :D and a trip to europe, which I have not yet experienced, but folks keep promising i'll get :D

IanG

Coach
WORST - It would definatly have to be stationary. I hated getting that sort of thing when I was a kid. Basically cuz anybody who gave me that sort thing implied that it was for school and as you can imagine at Christmas when ur on Holidays School is the last thing on your mind.

BEST - I haven't got it yet but I know I'm getting a DVD player for Christmas this year

astrogirl

First Grade
lambchoprulz said:
worst - i remeber when i was little my mum gave me a toy, a teddy bear like monkey, I'M TERRIFIED OF MONKEYS! :shock:
That's funny stuff. Reminds me that when my cousin was little, he was scared of Grover (from Sesame Street). I can't inmagine why! He's harmless!