What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-Would you go back to school?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I wouldn't mind going back to school. I'd go to a different primary school though. That way I could have learnt to spell better and pathetic wedge could have one less approach to take a pathetic cheap shot my way. But then I mightn't get to see how sad he is stooping down to that very disapointing level.

Don't worry leyton or however you spell that name [you've always said I don't respect someones name I can't spell, I hope I spelt that name wrong then]. You still have the option of attempting to bag me over me and my girlfriend breaking up a month ago after a 6 month relationship. Don't worry, it's not sad you doing that. It's just extremely insensitive and selfish of you. But no one expects any less of you. Continue being an up yourself pr!ck. You're way to up yourself to ever change.

knightsgal85

Juniors
A point was raised previously upon how the high school years are one of the best periods of your life, and I absolutely agree. Virtually none of the current school leavers realise this now, but let me assure you, they will in a matter of time.

The completion of high school was definitely a significant milestone in my life, not only in terms of achievements in academia, but also in terms of sport, cultural activities, school and community service.

As I reflect upon my high school years, they were definitely the most fulfilling and enjoyable moments of my life to date. It was an amazing journey – the laughs, the stupid fights, the discos, school carnivals, assemblies, excursions and even the assignments and the examinations.

We have come a long way, scaled many heights, and we have reached the proverbial summit that is the HSC, the summit that is the end of school, the summit that signals the end of an era. I would not mind going back to those tranquil and unflustered days, but that would mean concreting myself to just one single chapter of my life. There are so many other wonderful things life has got to offer, and the opportunity cost of attending school another time around instead of undertaking other alternatives, especially in terms of contributing to society, in my opinion, would be considered a complete waste of the scarce resource of time. All I want to do now is to continue to progress ahead, keep on exploring, and continue along my journey of self-discovery so I can realise all my goals, ambitions and aspirations.

socksie

Juniors
astrogirl said:
I'm now heading towards my late 20s (!)

dude i would hardly call 26 your "late 20s"

since graduating exactly one month and one day ago, i would say i would go and do the last week of yr12 again

all the food.... all the partying and bludging.... all the "do whatever the hell you want"ness

having "junior uniform" days, "pyjama" days, "pirate" days, and eating

yellow brick road (everyone in yr12 has their name written on a yellow piece of paper - a "brick" and they are paved in a curve leading from the hall to the front gate so we walk down it and the rest of the school line up along the sides of the road and its great!!)

muck up assembly...

ah the times...

maybe i'll appreciate school next year when i'm working and uni-ing but right now all i want to do is eat (krispy kremes) and sleep

two more exams to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

astrogirl

First Grade
Good luck with your remaining 2 exams, blue and red socks!!

Hey, are krispy kreme donuts really that good? I haven't been anywhere near Penrith yet so I haven't tried them yet. I'm not really a donut eater but I'll give them a try (maybe just a mouthful due to fat content concerns!)

blue and red socks said:
astrogirl said:

LOL. OK, fair enough. But I'm getting there!

socksie

Juniors
astrogirl said:
Good luck with your remaining 2 exams, blue and red socks!!

thanks man

astrogirl said:
Hey, are krispy kreme donuts really that good?

SO good. heavenly.

astrogirl said:
I haven't been anywhere near Penrith yet so I haven't tried them yet. I'm not really a donut eater but I'll give them a try (maybe just a mouthful due to fat content concerns!)

there's one opening in liverpool if thats any closer to you.. it'll be in the liverpool megacenta.. cumberland highway. listen to me i sound like a bloody typing advertisement.. they should pay me

theyre very fluffy so they dont feel that fatty but theyre SOAKED in glucosey stuff so that tastes fatty

astrogirl said:
blue and red socks said:
astrogirl said:

LOL. OK, fair enough. But I'm getting there!

i understand. when i'm 26 i'll probably feel old but now i'm happy being 17!

Leasha

Juniors
Wow blue and red socks, you only have 2 more exams? I had maths today :)twisted: AHHHH do NOT get me talking about it!) but I still have 4 more exams to go! Good luck in the rest of yours... have fun eating donuts while Im slaving away over textbooks and study notes for another 11 days :cry:

socksie

Juniors
1. i only do 10 units cuz im a lazy bludger

2. i've had 4 exams already (english x 2, maths, ipt) dt tomorrow and im unofficially finished

3. i have 3 job interviews on wednesday woohoo so i can work and get money and go shopping and eat krispy kremes

4. my last exam is society and culture which is a joke considering i have almost 3 wks to prepare... and its the very last exam of the hsc

5. wooohoooo

6. have fun studying but dont study too hard - its not worth it!!

aqua_duck

Coach
blue and red socks said:
astrogirl said:

since graduating exactly one month and one day ago, i would say i would go and do the last week of yr12 again

all the food.... all the partying and bludging.... all the "do whatever the hell you want"ness

having "junior uniform" days, "pyjama" days, "pirate" days, and eating

yellow brick road (everyone in yr12 has their name written on a yellow piece of paper - a "brick" and they are paved in a curve leading from the hall to the front gate so we walk down it and the rest of the school line up along the sides of the road and its great!!)

muck up assembly...

ah the times...

maybe i'll appreciate school next year when i'm working and uni-ing but right now all i want to do is eat (krispy kremes) and sleep

two more exams to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude your a lucky bugger, only 2 exams left, son of a, man I got 4 left included the dreaded Extension maths. What subjects do ya do?

I often heard people say school is the best time of your life, well school sux for me, I go to a school full of stupid bulldogs fans and whats worse its an all guys school. I've been graduated for about a month now and honestly the only thing I miss about school is touch footy and recess and lunch. I mainly hated school because of bloody maths classes, I used to bloody look at my watch every 5 minutes wondering when the bell would ring.

aqua_duck

Coach
Leasha said:
Wow blue and red socks, you only have 2 more exams? I had maths today :)twisted: AHHHH do NOT get me talking about it!) but I still have 4 more exams to go! Good luck in the rest of yours... have fun eating donuts while Im slaving away over textbooks and study notes for another 11 days :cry:
Dude how'd ya find maths? I reckon it was bloody hard, the money questions slaughtered me, I think there was one question asking how much money Barbara would save if she made monthly repayments instead of quaterly repayments, I had absolutely no idea, in the end I just wrote 'quite abit'. I also found it to be a pretty long exam compared to previous years. Though I still maintain the change poem was the most confusing thing so far.

Leasha

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
Leasha said:
Dude how'd ya find maths? I reckon it was bloody hard, the money questions slaughtered me, I think there was one question asking how much money Barbara would save if she made monthly repayments instead of quaterly repayments, I had absolutely no idea, in the end I just wrote 'quite abit'. I also found it to be a pretty long exam compared to previous years. Though I still maintain the change poem was the most confusing thing so far.

Man maths was bloody tough... haha that question with Barbara, I got her losing money... go figure! We got our teacher (after the exam) to give us what she thinks the answers, and judging from that I think I got around 102-105/120 as a raw mark, which is abour 85-86% without scaling... but with an exam that hard, lets hope that its a high scaling eh! People from round my area reckon its the hardest maths exam in 15 yrs... i think I agree with that too! And Wednesday is Extension maths... ahhh :cry:

OHHH English was so much easier! I just churned out my 65 pages in my 4 hours of exams and that was that... but even today, with my 15 booklets, I still felt like I had done nowhere near enough... save me!!!

The Vern

Juniors
Im not looking forward to extension maths on wednesday and to make it worse i have got modern history the next day (luckly i do 12 units so modern history can be dropped). After 4 unit today im sick of maths. Why couldnt they have set one like last year, it was so much easier than this years except for question 7 and 8 but did do much of either of them so that wouldnt have matter. Im just glad its over and i dont have to remember all those stupid equations.

Leasha

Juniors
The Vern said:
Im not looking forward to extension maths on wednesday and to make it worse i have got modern history the next day (luckly i do 12 units so modern history can be dropped). After 4 unit today im sick of maths. Why couldnt they have set one like last year, it was so much easier than this years except for question 7 and 8 but did do much of either of them so that wouldnt have matter. Im just glad its over and i dont have to remember all those stupid equations.

You're kind of lucky bout Wednesday's exam... at least you have studied all the extension 1 stuff cos u needed it for today.... some of us havent looked at the extension maths stuff since the day of the trials :oops: ... oh well, at least there's tomorrow to study! And you have 12 units... my stupid maths marks all count! :cry:

astrogirl

First Grade
blue and red socks said:
astrogirl said:
I'm not really a donut eater but I'll give them a try (maybe just a mouthful due to fat content concerns!)
theyre very fluffy so they dont feel that fatty but theyre SOAKED in glucosey stuff so that tastes fatty
Oh, thanks for that! Sounds like they could be good. Sugar is fine, but fat is an absolute no no!

aqua_duck

Coach
Leasha said:
The Vern said:

You're kind of lucky bout Wednesday's exam... at least you have studied all the extension 1 stuff cos u needed it for today.... some of us havent looked at the extension maths stuff since the day of the trials :oops: ... oh well, at least there's tomorrow to study! And you have 12 units... my stupid maths marks all count! :cry:
Man I'm studying for 3 unit now, trying to download some solutions to all the trial papers I got, man I hope they don't put many physical world questins in it, specially projectile motion. I also got Modern on Thursday, and unfortunately I got 12 units but modern is my best subject. Btw if you get like 85-86% raw mark you should be inline for probably band 6.

The Vern

Juniors
[/quote]Man I'm studying for 3 unit now, trying to download some solutions to all the trial papers I got, man I hope they don't put many physical world questins in it, specially projectile motion. I also got Modern on Thursday, and unfortunately I got 12 units but modern is my best subject. Btw if you get like 85-86% raw mark you should be inline for probably band 6.[/quote]

I've got all the past papers with solutions from the last 10 years in a book and it makes study so much easier. The physical world questions are the eaiest cause u can draw picture which makes it so much easier especially with projectiles and motion. Unless its motion in a cricle which is the most annoying subject in maths. The problem with the modern history exam is im not going to get anywhere near 85% more like 65% because its my worst subject and im crap at writting essays

Andy

First Grade
roopy said:
None of you will believe me, but life really does begin at 40.

I wouldn't go back to being a teenager for all the money in the world. I learnt a lot of very hard lessons in my teens, and I'm glad I learnt them, but I wouldn't do it all again for anything.

The twenties are not too bad because you get to enjoy a lot of things for the first time and you have a bit of control over your life, but they are a lot of hard work as well.

In your thirties you should be getting some assets behind you and really starting to get control of your life.

From 40 on you have real chioces about how and when you want to do things, and you really start to only do things that you want to do.

The world is run by people over 40, and I wouldn't want to go back and repeat any of the learning stages in life that lead up to getting control of your own destiny, but I would like to have my 18 yo body back for a few days, or maybe a year.

I disagree. I believe you start to make choices for yourself as soon as you decide to.

I also disagree to your statement re the world being run b people over 40.
I think it is the youth that run the world. They just don't realise it.
They are the future, so what they do, determines what happens to the world. Everything in marketing and advertising in centred to young people. If they want it, it will be successful.

Leasha

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
Man I'm studying for 3 unit now, trying to download some solutions to all the trial papers I got, man I hope they don't put many physical world questins in it, specially projectile motion. I also got Modern on Thursday, and unfortunately I got 12 units but modern is my best subject. Btw if you get like 85-86% raw mark you should be inline for probably band 6.

Im so over 3unit by now... I just went and taught myself the entire Geometrical applications of calculus in an hour because I never knew it before... as for projectile motion and simple harmonic motion, I've taken to praying to the Mathematics gods above us that after the bloody awful 2unit exam (which hopefully I'll get a band 6 in now... yay! *fingers crossed*) that they will be somewhat lenient and make it a relatively simple 3unit paper... :!: :!:

Latest posts