What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHL Season - Tragic event unfolds before season opening

John_Travolta

Juniors
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/hockey/nhl/10/06/heatley.charges.ap/index.html

Guys go here or if you`ve already heard or haven`t one of my fav players has been killed in a horrific car accident.

this was taken from the above link I read this AM....also i`d advise you not to look at the pic on the site if you can avoid it, its a real bloody mess with the front of the car torn off.

ATLANTA (AP) -- Police charged All-Star Dany Heatley with first-degree vehicular homicide Monday afternoon after the death of Atlanta Thrashers teammate Dan Snyder, who never regained consciousness following a horrific car crash.

The charge is based on the preliminary finding that Heatley was driving recklessly, said Erik Friedly, a spokesman for district attorney's office. It carries a prison sentence of three to 15 years.

Snyder died Sunday night at Grady Hospital, the team said, six days after sustaining brain injuries in the wreck. He was 25.

Heatley had been charged with serious injury by vehicle, but that charge was dropped after the vehicular homicide count was filed. He also still faces four misdemeanor counts, each of which are punishable by up to a year in prison. He is free on $50,000 bond.

Police said Heatley was driving his Ferrari at about 80 mph on a narrow two-lane road last Monday night when he lost control, spun off the road and smashed into a brick and wrought-iron fence.

Snyder was a passenger. The car split in half, throwing both players into the road.

Troy...

John_Travolta

Juniors
I`ll tell you what he was a damn fine Stick man, no really he was one of my favourites to watch he and Peter Forsberg who has been riddled with injuries the past three years, and but yeah bit weird to say.

Troy

John_Travolta

Juniors
Oh god yes it was a wreck. And thanks for that heads up on his funeral ect..canadiansteve..... I saw it on world sports on CNN the details of it all and yeah.

Troy