What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice dive, Hayne

Pistol

Coach
Softer than a cotton wool wrapped in fairy floss

White getting up from Carroll and Johnson's hit, full credit

miccle

Bench
Definite dive, but I loved it. If he kept going, it was a try for sure. Thanks Jarryd, for everything you did last night.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
scottyj said:
your obviously a little mommas boy that has been spoon fed up until you were 21.

Have you ever copped a punch? Let alone one as hard as Hayne copped?

I've copped harder and I can tell you Hayne is a bloody softcock if that wasn't a dive.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bazal said:
Haha...on the cheek? Where'd the shiner come from then?

Is that you stevie wonder?
See him at the airport being interviewed yesterday on TV?
Not a mark on him

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Bazal said:
Haha...on the cheek? Where'd the shiner come from then?

It wasn't a shiner. He got off the plane yesterday and fronted the media with not a scratch or bruise on his face. Now either he has some sort of miracle healer in his entourage that can remove a bruise serious enough to form in seconds, or he has been applying the Natural Glow on the plane. Or, perhaps there was no shiner.

It was a dive. It was a penalty for sure. But it was a dive. Once the penalty had been awarded he was back on his feet and in the line looking like nothing had happened. The sad thing is that the penalty would have been awarded anyway, and had he stayed on his feet, he might have made it to the line with advantage played.

It was a dive.

Lowdown

Juniors
This was clearly one of the most pathetic and clear dives I've ever seen on a Rugby pitch.

Facts are:

1. Yes he was hit; and penalty was deserved;
2. His collapse was dramatic;
3. Yet managed to hold onto the ball;
4. And put out an outstretched arm to help soften his fall;
5. All the time, being 'knocked out' at contact;
6. Lay motionless on the ground;
7. Yet amazingly recovered immediately thereafter;
8. No concussion, nor no treatment needed.

Incredible stuff. But disgusting nonetheless...go play European Football you girl.

(Great try in the first half though!)

Parra Guru

Coach
I don't like dives.

We saw a good example 2 weeks ago with Ben Smith getting up after the Matai hit. Blood was pissing out his nose and he still got to his feet.

Hayne took a dive.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
It's good to hear that from a Parramatta fan. You could have quite easily jumped on the fantasy bandwagon that some here are pushing.

Parra Guru

Coach
A lot were saying that Ben Smith should have stayed down, which I disagree with. It slows the game down and I'm pretty sure the ref saw the shot on Hayne, he just spoiled his own advantage.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
How come when Warriors fans complained about diving after the Warriors-Sharks match we were called whingers? Is diving only bad when it's in Origin?

bonestorm

Juniors
There was no shiner. I was watching it yesterday and when he gets up there is a piece of grass stuck under his eye that looks a little like a cut, but he wipes it off a few moments later.

No question it was a dive. He was lying motionless ffs, there's no way that hit was going to knock anyone out cold.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Unfortunately I didn't see the Warriors-Sharks match, but I can tell you that if it was anywhere near what Jarryd Hayne and Ben Kennedy have done for NSW I would be just as disgusted.

Some claimed that Lockyer had taken a dive after copping a forearm to the windpipe in a Broncos/Manly match last year. Ben Kennedy even had the clarity of mind to come out and whinge about it. Just listen to his voice for your answer!

I guess many think that Origin football is the one arena where you would never expect to see simulation. What has long been regarded as the toughest echelon of Rugby League, should never be party to these kind of antics.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
It was a blatant dive

I was yelling at my TV "Get up you cat!"

Perhaps he should try out for the Italian soccer team

Bazal

Post Whore
Thierry Henry said:
How come when Warriors fans complained about diving after the Warriors-Sharks match we were called whingers? Is diving only bad when it's in Origin?

No, apparently it's only bad when someone cops a shot to the eye...:crazy:

Tommax25

Bench
[FKN-SIK] said:
Perhaps he should try out for the Italian soccer team

This is slightly(completely) unrelated but im sick of people going on about the penalty given against austrlaia to italy, always making jokes about league or union players being soft and saying they should play for italy. thats fine but diving is rampant in soccer in general, in every country, expecailly in the box. yes it was most definetly a dive, and yes it was unlucky and unfair to australia but god just say "those cats should go play soccer" and not always go on about the damn italian team

icewind

Juniors
meh, eveyone was scared of Australia in the cup. Not just the italians. Of course the ref was going to rule against australia

Tommax25

Bench
if refs based their decisions on the teams quality or ability to win games then how could any decent team ever win? brazil, france, italy, spain, germany, argentina would never win games if that were right, the reason that penalty was given is because of the opinion of the ref at the time, without video replays like we have in league he just had to go on what he saw and in fairness from a distance (if he was at a distance i forget where he was standing) it would have looked a pretty clear cut penalty

Latest posts