What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nick Parfitt

DIEHARD

----
What are your opinions of Nick Parfitt?

I'd trade him in for Hunt any day. And he is an awesome goal kicker.

Ghoulies

Bench

I know you don't like the bloke, but Hunt is a far better option than Parfitt will ever be.

Broncodroid

Juniors
"I'd trade him in for Hunt any day. And he is an awesome goal kicker"

:? Perhaps you can e-mail Michael Searle and advise him to sign Brisbane's best fullback from the Toowoomba Clydesdales then DIEHARD?

Trade him for Karmichael Hunt? Give me a break, Hunt after a slow start to the season is in brilliant form and at only 18 will continue to mature as a player. Despite the NSW hype on Brett Stewart who choked vs Brisbane this year, Hunt is the best young fullback in the game outside anyone named Slater.

Parfitt is a solid QLD Cup player, though not quite up to NRL standard just yet IMO. This was evidenced when Bennett was reluctant to bring him into the side when Karmichael was injured, he opted for Hodges.

broncoman

Juniors
Hunt is tops. i wouldnt trade him for any fullback. except maybe schifcofske. Hunt perfectly fits our set up and is very versatile. i can understand some people may not like his flair, but thats just my opinion.

salivor

First Grade
DIEHARD said:
You wouldn't even trade him for Matt Bowen?

No way, Hunt has way more long term potential. Bowen is playing the best footy of his career and he can't get the QLD starting fullback spot. Hunt hasn't even touched his true potential yet. Also he's our heir apparent to Lockyer when he hangs up his boots in 4-5 years time.

DIEHARD

----
I worry for the state of Queensland when people say Lockyer's heir to the Broncos and maybe Queensland is a turn coat Kiwi.

No I do not like that at all.

Ghoulies

Bench
DIEHARD said:
I worry for the state of Queensland when people say Lockyer's heir to the Broncos and maybe Queensland is a turn coat Kiwi.

Fair enough questioning his right to play for QLD, but I don't see how you can deny his talent as the Broncos #1.

broncoman

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
You wouldn't even trade him for Matt Bowen?
certainly not... imo bowen is the 5th best fullback qld have, my preference is 1 Schif 2 Slater 3 Hunt 4 Wesser 5 Bowen...

however i think Hunt suits brisbane more than Slater would...

salivor

First Grade
DIEHARD said:

As a Kiwi myself it is dissapointing in regards to his future with QLD but I don't see what difference his nationality makes to him being Lockyers heir at the Broncos. I couldn't care if he was Mongolian, if he's as good as Hunt he can play for Brisbane.

damo72

Juniors
Having seen Nick play alot from his junior days to now at the Clysedales, the kid has got enormous potential but he is just a kid still. He had the Storm, the Eels and the Broncos chasing his signature a couple of years ago and he will have a queue waiting for him again. For someone to score as many tries as he has scored in the last season and a bit can't be classed as average and he will prove his worth in the near future in the NRL.