What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nick Politis and Roosters Wealth

adamkungl

Immortal
Politis should get behind the Greek RL imo

They'll probably make the next World Cup. Just gotta take down giants of the game Norway and Russia. Big ask but I think they can do it

Delboy

First Grade
He is a very bright man, Roosters couldn't sign the back of the toilet door when the car company paid to be on the front of the jersey as main sponsor. Miraculously by replacing that with a new sponsor, it seemed to free more than enough unsolicited TPAs to build a strong team with those third party deals at arms length. Amazing what a few golf games can do when the club only has registered agreements at the bottom of the pile.

To be honest , most clubs would like a cluey and influential guy at the top of their tree like the Roosters, so while the financials are not believable, the results speak for themselves.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors

They'll probably make the next World Cup. Just gotta take down giants of the game Norway and Russia. Big ask but I think they can do it

Bring on the local derby between Greece and North Macedonia....... lol

Dogs Of War

Coach
He is 77 thought. You have to think who is he going to hand the reigns over to. Cause he can't have that much longer left being the main man for the Roosters. Can see him assisting in handing over brown paper bags to ensure everybody has there lunch for many more years though.

adamkungl

Immortal
He is 77 thought. You have to think who is he going to hand the reigns over to. Cause he can't have that much longer left being the main man for the Roosters. Can see him assisting in handing over brown paper bags to ensure everybody has there lunch for many more years though.

I'm sure there is a succession plan, the board is made up of rich blokes.

But.
It's impossible to believe that the Roosters next Chairman will have to same devotion to the club and the area, the drive to succeed, and football nous to deliver it.

Think what you will about the Roosters accounting but Politis is the most successful administrator in Rugby League by a very long margin. Brilliant man.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm sure there is a succession plan, the board is made up of rich blokes.

But.
It's impossible to believe that the Roosters next Chairman will have to same devotion to the club and the area, the drive to succeed, and football nous to deliver it.

Think what you will about the Roosters accounting but Politis is the most successful administrator in Rugby League by a very long margin. Brilliant man.

He has set up their financial situation to be self sustaining regardless of football operations, Youd have to be very dumb, or very corrupt, for Roosters to fail from where he has left them.

Dogs Of War

Coach
He has set up their financial situation to be self sustaining regardless of football operations, Youd have to be very dumb, or very corrupt, for Roosters to fail from where he has left them.

Financially anything could change. Overextend themselves like the Panthers did a while ago, or get the wrong board like Parra did.

He has been very good in getting everything going the right way and getting the right people whom he trusts in. But it doesn't take many misteps to undo it all.

Dogs Of War

Coach

All I was saying that the secret to his success was making sure everybody got a good lunch. You don't want your talent going to McDonalds when they could be having salad sanga's.

adamkungl

Immortal

Money won't be the issue.

1 will be how it's used - Politis' intuition and influence on football matters is remarkable for a bloke who's presumably never even played the game.

2 will be preserving the identity of the club. Some might criticise for the 2 name changes through the 90s, but that aside the club has been a constant icon of Rugby League and Eastern Sydney since 1908. Will a new boss think relocation is in fact a better option? A mascot change to something a bit edgier and modern than an old Rooster?

3 a controversial one, but preserving the integrity of the club. Again, say what you will... but for all the rumours, there's never been a shred of proof, not even a whiff of smoke regarding foul play at the Roosters. If Politis plays the game dodgy, he does it smart enough that no one's blown a whistle in 40 years. Maybe the next boss or the one after is more along the lines of a Brian Waldron or Scott Seward? Who knows.

macnaz

Staff member

I'm sure he can buy Cronk and Smith greek passports

Latest posts