What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nigel Wood Discusses Planning For RLWC13

steavis

Juniors
I've just posted my story from forty-20 magazine about World Cup preparations over at stevemascord dot com. It might be of interest...

hutch

First Grade
Great read! Welcome to the forum Steve! I've noticed you post at a couple of other sites, I think you will get more discussion and true international believers here at LU.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
The big issue for the World Cup is where the opening game and semi-finals and finals are to be held.

The opening game is already been decided as a double header -- including England vs Australia -- at Cardiff's Millenium Stadium. This is a big mistake because the Welsh will not show up in sufficient numbers to even quarter fill the stadium and not enough English will show up to fill it. They will be lucky to 35,000 there (i.e. half full), which will be a PR failure for the tournament. Had the opening game Australia vs England been held at Wembley then they could have counted on at least 50,000, and quite possibly many more.

One of the semi-finals or the Final has to be at Wembley, otherwise the game will have failed to use the World Cup to create any momentum for growth of the game in England.