What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Grand Finals??

When would you prefer the GF to kick-off?

• Yes to Night GF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

• No to Night GF.

• Total voters

John_Travolta

Juniors
I`ve always had a couple of beers at the footy whenever I went, but I don`t go get get roudy and pissed and mouth off to everyone, I also goto the games to enjoy the footy viewing and to have some fun. I guess it wouldn`t really bothered me as long as mny team was ahead on the scoreboard and I was enjoying the game if it was a night or day GF but i`d rather Day still all the same ;)
Troy

Megalomaniac

Juniors
Night Grand Final. Atmosphere generated is much better. When you compare the AFL day grand final to the NRL night one, it was obvious the NRL was better... to me at least...

Doctor

Bench
Well a few things are clear: Night time GFs attract far better television ratings. But day time Grand Finals always feel traditional for me - they feel like the old ARL days when you would have the three grades all play and then the St George lady, Julie Anthony, (since disgraced by the State of Origin dubbing stuff-up) would enter and sing the national anthem.

I like day-time atmosphere, I don't know why - it just had a more family-friendly atmosphere. You could have your BBQ, sit around and watch the lower grades with the volume down, then crank it up for the big one, watch it and be home in time to watch a highlights package on the news at 6pm.

CoastieChik

Juniors
Hey samwise - yea i do kno thanx - jus savin a bit of time (cos Im d worst typist eva!!)!

n sydneyswan - no offence, but the nrl GF will always b beta than n afl 1 4 obvious reasons :D - IMO nyway

John_Travolta

Juniors
Original_Chook, mate you summed it up perfectly "I like day-time atmosphere, I don't know why - it just had a more family-friendly atmosphere. You could have your BBQ, sit around and watch the lower grades with the volume down, then crank it up for the big one, watch it and be home in time to watch a highlights package on the news at 6pm.
" good point mate ;)

CoastieChik lmao at your comment, your right on the money with that! NRL kicks AFL`s arse!

Troy

Helen

Juniors
Hubby who is a a devout knights supporter is also an invalid and cannot sit through a game at any venue. So he watches the games at home.

He also sees the action better without shadows.

He likes the night G/F...

I don't mind when they are on ..

Helen

Razor

Coach
I prefer the night games whilst at the game and watching on TV. Better atmosphere.

Kaz said:
If is called the National Rugby League & QLD, Melbourne & New Zealand do not have a public holiday the next day to get over the GF.

If it was a Broncos vs Warriors GF, their LOYAL Fans would not be able to congratulate them on winning the GF until the next day, which as I have said it not a public holiday.

The Brisbane public gets over the SOO (which kicks off an hour later than the GF) without problems. Haven't heard to many, but have heard some, people say that the SOO should be on during the day because people work the next day.

Greeting the team would be a day later, but the Lions fans had to wait 2 days to greet the Lions and they played during the day. Is that an AFL rule, that the team is required to stay in Melbourne for media commitments?

Kaz

junior
Razor said:
The Brisbane public gets over the SOO (which kicks off an hour later than the GF) without problems. Haven't heard to many, but have heard some, people say that the SOO should be on during the day because people work the next day.

I can't see to many QLD fans, racing out to congratulate the QLD origin team on winning the series.

A Priemiership is what we want to celerbrate, with the players.

Razor said:
Greeting the team would be a day later, but the Lions fans had to wait 2 days to greet the Lions and they played during the day. Is that an AFL rule, that the team is required to stay in Melbourne for media commitments?

I thought the Brisbane Lions arrived back on Sunday.

I think it is a AFL rule that they must stay in Melbourne, plus they have media commitments etc.

Latest posts