What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine's RLWC coverage gets worse in Melbourne

Brutus

Referee
158,000 is embarrising ,i would take it off too

though it wouldnt be for csi miami :roll:

Rugby league is a proven ratings winner in Melb on a Sunday night live.

I would never expect Victorians to stay up and watch a delayed RL match packed with commercials, knowing they have to get up for work the next day. Especially a lop-sided one.

Why they didn't have Sunday night 7-7.30pm kick-offs for these matches, ensuring live coverage is beyond me. Shocking broadcasting arrangements allowed to take place by Love and co.

gottabegood

Juniors
Just to make a further note,

Sports like Rugby League and ARF are not some highly expensive production that may or may not be a blockbuster for a season or 2 (although well liked American shows will be mirrored here...some guarantee)

They are guaranteed to pull in viewers up to 8 games a week for 7 months a year, year after year after year....after year, plus in addition to other related sports shows and news service.

On top of that their will be some substantial loyalty service, eg where those who prefer RL will then more likely watch the news on ch9 etc and the AFL people ch7.

Rugby League also has a well received representative season, extending way past AFL's.

So yes CH9, News, Gallop and Love, especially with some decent results in Melbourne historically with no assistance, should, without question be given more support....and of course the outrageous similar circumstances in Sydney.

The real question is why is this not the case.

Answer me this, when an organisation/government etc is not leading from the front with little direction and no forward planning, ignoring the please of its people, what do you think would be the problem.

Corruption.

Twigg

Juniors
I say give all NRL coverage to Fox Soprts. They do a great job. Nein at the moment is dying a slow painful death - which I do not care for.