What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nines Sunday game

sharkadelic

Juniors
I guess Channel 9 felt obliged to pick a rabbits game eventually. Which one of them would be good?

Although, against all odds, the newcastle match was....

rugged

Juniors
Maybe they anticipated crowd problems - Bulldogs people and Cronulla riot people may not mix?

Earl

Coach
sharkadelic said:
I guess Channel 9 felt obliged to pick a rabbits game eventually. Which one of them would be good?

Yet the only time Melbourne ever get FTA is when there is only 8 teams left.

As a cowboys fan who had to get pay tv to watch my team play (9 yrs no FTA game till the end of the 2004 season)) i can appreciate the fact that ALL teams have fans & those fans deserve to see their team on FTA. All teams no matter where they are on the ladder deserve to have at least one fri night & one sun arvo game televised each season .
That still leaves plenty of games to be televised for the better performing teams.
You can bet if the Knights,manly,parra or Penrith were rarely shown their fans would be screaming .

rugged

Juniors
Didn't they already televise a Bulldogs Cronulla game this year? The one with the crowd violence? Or was that some other team with the Bulldogs?

jamesgould

Juniors
dazza62 said:
As a cowboys fan who had to get pay tv to watch my team play (9 yrs no FTA game till the end of the 2004 season)) i can appreciate the fact that ALL teams have fans & those fans deserve to see their team on FTA. All teams no matter where they are on the ladder deserve to have at least one fri night & one sun arvo game televised each season .
That still leaves plenty of games to be televised for the better performing teams.
You can bet if the Knights,manly,parra or Penrith were rarely shown their fans would be screaming .

Newcastle only had 3 games last year, which was fair enough really - not even Newcastle supporters liked watching them play!

But if we're gonna get shockers like Roosters Souths, then at least make it consistent! Show a minimum of 2 or 3 games for EVERY team throughout the season. Coz the Storm and Raiders are still very lowly represented. Much lower than Souths, who I don't think do too bad, given their perpetual wooden spoons.

rabs

Staff member
the bunnies have some sort of agreement to get 2 games a year on FTA (I think)

imasharkie

Coach
rugged said:
Didn't they already televise a Bulldogs Cronulla game this year? The one with the crowd violence? Or was that some other team with the Bulldogs?

This is the first time we have played the Bulldogs this year.

The games where there was violence in games v Canterbury were Easts and Tigers.

On the matter of FTA tv I'm very happy we don't get channel nein games as they have to many adds in them and its much more exciting watching the game live on fox sports. I hope nein doesn't show any of our games.

tye

Juniors
who cares whats on 9. I'd rather watch live on fox anyway, hate the 9 delayed coverage.

Latest posts