What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NITV's League Nation Live

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...hnathan-thurston/story-e6frfmyi-1227609129732

League Nation Live: Justin Hodges plots his TV revenge on grand final Cowboys star Johnathan Thurston
November 14, 20153:54pm

EXCLUSIVE

REHEARSALS for NITV’s new NRL show, League Nation Live have yet to kick off, but new co-host Justin Hodges can promise one thing from the get go — they won’t be dressing up in drag like their bigger brand rivals.

The former Brisbane Broncos and Queensland Origin star will join an impressive line-up of indigenous presenters who will attempt the highwire act of live television with their unique 90-minute league analysis show — set to run across 32 weeks of the 2016 season next year.

While Paul ‘Fatty’ Vautin and his cohorts over on Nine have resorted to wearing womens’ clothing in the past to liven things up, Hodges reckons that won’t be necessary on their colourful weekly show.

“I don’t think we have to go down that path. They got us dressed nice and schmick,” he laughed, while on holiday in Fiji last week.

“The producers have been looking at American (sports) shows and how they do it the best ... nice suits, immaculate. I just think the five of us are going to work together really well.”

Hodges will join East West 101 and The Straits actor Aaron Fa’aoso, Nathan Appo, Jodan Perry and Hannah Hollis on the panel, with Wayne Denning and Maurice Parker as executive producers.

Retiring from his fulltime playing career after this year’s grand final — missing out on his fairytale finish, thanks to the North Queensland Cowboys and the magic of Johnathan Thurston.

Now, on the media side of the story, he said, he’d keep Thurston and others who gave him a hard time on the field in his sights: “he’s a close mate, but I should hammer him.”

Jokes aside, Hodges is looking forward to his new TV challenge.

“It’s not something I ever thought I’d be doing, but talking to everyone who is involved, just the passion they have for the show, what they want for the show, it’s going to be something special.”

Each episode will feature player profiles, match commentary and a special segment WYF? — ‘where you from?’ — which will take star players back to their hometowns.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hopefully as good as Barefoot used to be. look forward to watching it and hopefully it will be about the footy without the other "entertainment" nonsense. Hopefully it will cover all aspects of the game in all areas and overseas like Barefoot used to. they even came out to interview our supporters group about the NRL bid many moons ago.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Was always a joke that the Barefoot RL show got turned into a general sports show while the AFL got to keep their AFL-specific show.

Ahh well, good to see it back in another form.

The Partisan

Though to add confusion the ad on during the broadcast states Wednesday 2nd March as the kick off date :-s

Might be safer to opt for this date as the correct one.

tumbidragon

First Grade
A few hiccups and deer in headlights moments. But overall very enjoyable thus far. Good footy talk and diverse interviews. Shits all over the fatty show already.

p.s. Shannon Noll looks like he's been doing it tough :lol:

The Partisan

Yeah ..pretty well sums it up. Hodges very much looed awkward but am sure will improve with experience.

Might be my Friday arvo /eve pre live footy viewing with remote control at the ready to fast forward the shite.

Do hope country footy / non NRL games get some air time.

The Partisan

Anyone caught this show of late ?

Missed last couple of weeks and hopefully it has improved a bit in that time.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Saw it the other week. Wasn't a bad show.

They had George Rose and Joey Williams on there (former Souths halfback).

Something I'll definitely watch again.

The Partisan

It is actually on NITV a few times after its 'live' show ....and is also on SBS2 as well as a repeat.

Found it easier via SBS2 as could use the FoxtelIQ system to record it as a series.

Latest posts