What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Kogarah until round 13

Willow

Assistant Moderator
For those who missed the article on Jubilee Avenue:

2006 - No Kogarah until round 13
Written by: R2K website
10/11/2005
KogarahPostOffice1915.jpg

The St.George Leader has confirmed that there will be no St.George-Illawarra home games at OKI Jubilee Stadium until round 13 due to the continued upgrading of the ground.

The first Kogarah match will see the Saints clash with Parramatta in what is expected to be the first night match at the venue since 1999.

Following round 13, the Saints will host another six home games against the Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs, Storm, Tigers and Sharks. With Kogarah scheduled to host only five out of twelve home matches next year, a fair allocation of Kogarah home games would be:

Parramatta (round 13)

Souths (round 18)

Bulldogs (round 19)

Tigers (round 24)

Sharks (round 25)

With the completion of the lighting project, the next major redevelopment project at Kogarah is the seating upgrade. However, considering that the Development Application for the installation of permanent tiered seating at the northern and southern ends and the replacement of the existing bench seating was approved by Kogarah Council on 14/02/05, the project planning of the OKI steering committee continues to lag significantly behind reasonable expectations.

While the northern tiered seating is scheduled to go ahead there has been no clarification on when the southern seating is planned. The southern seating is not listed on the Dragons' ground layout of OKI Jubilee Stadium for 2006

http://www.dragons.com.au/redv/membership_info/draghome/oki.html

The other works scheduled to be completed are the English Street turnstile and additional kiosk and patron amenities.

Related articles:

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/static/article_2017.asp

http://www.r2k.info/news/seatingdelay.html

http://www.r2k.info/news/lightfantastic14022005.html

The Preacher

First Grade
I'm buggered if I know what's going on there, but, it seems every time work is being carried out at Oki it's behind time. Was there any mention before that Oki wouldn't be available for the season start up ??????????????

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Its the second year that this has happened.

At least the lights will be done and some of the seating as well, it seems.

In fairness, the government grant $8mil comes in stages - it's not a straight hand-out. I understand something resembling an invoice has to be submitted first, and then approved before the funds are released.
The government never mentioned that when the election was promise was put forward but that's hardly surprising.

Having said that, I recall the WIN Stadium upgrades happened much faster. Different circumstances I suspect.

Doesn't quell the frustration any.

Willow said:
Having said that, I recall the WIN Stadium upgrades happened much faster. Different circumstances I suspect.

Doesn't quell the frustration any.

WIN would have been a much bigger job.

Where there's a will there's a way I suppose.

G

gorilla

Willow said:

Ahem, might have had to do with getting the job done before further protests over exhumations, realignment of dedicated lands, and other assorted problems like lack of proper tendering in other areas (keep the upgrades going and no-one can pick further faults in case the tender problems surface)...

different circumstances to the orderly and well managed approach for funds and smooth development approvals ai Jubilee - pah, the slow project management and completion positively pales in comparison, albeit frustrating.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
gorilla said:
Ahem, might have had to do with getting the job done before further protests over exhumations, realignment of dedicated lands, and other assorted problems like lack of proper tendering in other areas (keep the upgrades going and no-one can pick further faults in case the tender problems surface)...
That would be 'where there's a will there's a way' factor. lol

Latest posts