What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more afl officials in league

maestro1

Bench
Let this be a lesson to all clubs....UDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE TEMPTED TO GIVE ANY OF THESE F*CKS A GIG AT YOUR CLUB.

These guys have done so much damage to our code. I've always thought that News Limited wanted to destroy NRL when they "lost" the super league war to give AFL a saloon passage nationally. Now I'm sure of it.

i love it how both footy shows were trying to make News Limited look squeaky clean in all this. They even got Hadley on to spread the "Gospel" of News Unlimited. The quicker we boot these vermin from our game the better..........

We need to keep a presence in Melbourne. Even a struggling presence is better than no presence at all. And they are not to receive any assistance that other clubs don't receive.......Let them stand if they can.....

Simo

First Grade
At what point do we accept responsibility for our actions. it aint the afls fault the melb club was corrupt. I hate that game with a passion but league has a mighty good track record of shooting itself in the foot.

Your last line I agree with though.

maestro1

Bench
At what point do we accept responsibility for our actions. it aint the afls fault the melb club was corrupt. I hate that game with a passion but league has a mighty good track record of shooting itself in the foot.

Your last line I agree with though.

Unless we are being fed complet bu;;sh*t, Waldron was the architect, and some named Cameron, from AFL and returned to AFL is the whistleblower. I believe Waldron was a AFL/News limited plant.

Simo

First Grade
Unless we are being fed complet bu;;sh*t, Waldron was the architect, and some named Cameron, from AFL and returned to AFL is the whistleblower. I believe Waldron was a AFL/News limited plant.

Think about it for a second. Waldron commits fraud and a career ending act (possibly criminal charges) in a secret bid to rid the storm from afl terriory. All secretly set up by the afl because they see the nrl taking over melb?

Really?

Everyone is entitled to their views, my personal opinion is that salary cap cheating is going on in many clubs, the storm just got caught.

waldron may have been the instigator but do you seriously think no league people were involved? Its not an afl issue, it is a league issue (in this instance, im sure all sporting codes have had cheats of their own at times).

Cheating is nothing new and will happen again.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I heard Demetriou was handing Storm players from behind the grassy knoll, wads of cash from a bottomless brown paper bag that was found in the Roswell crash & given to the AFL by The Illuminati in a bid to keep them quiet because they had hard evidence that the US government was behind 9/11

It may be a long bow to link the AFL with this, but at the same time, the kind of arrogance it would take from Waldron to try and cheat the system and think he'll get away with it certainly sounds very much like an AFL attitude. No one is more arrogant and deluded than those Victorians.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The irony is we are always told how AFL officials are more professional than our hacks running our game.

Noa

First Grade
Another intersting fact.

Cameron Vale was CFO at Carlton from 2001-2003

In 2002 the club was in great turmoil. Off-field the club had mounting financial losses and accounting irregularities which ultimately caused the club president John Elliott to resign from office and the subsequent removal of his name from the John Elliott Grandstand.[9] He was succeeded by Ian Collins as president in 2003. On-field the team went through the entire season without winning a single game on its home ground, which culminated in the club claiming the wooden spoon for finishing last on the AFL ladder for the first time in its history. Carlton was the last club of the original AFL/VFL teams to 'win' its first wooden spoon.[2]
Under the new Collins administration, it was discovered that the club's previous administration had been making extra, secret payments to certain players.[10] This violation of the AFL salary cap resulted in the club receiving a record total fine of $980,000 and being banned from first and second round picks in the annual player draft for two years, hampering attempts to rebuild the club's player group. Brendan Goddard and Daniel Wells, who respectively went to St. Kilda and North Melbourne at picks 1 and 2, were two players who possibly would have been selected by Carlton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlton_Football_Club

Simo

First Grade
It may be a long bow to link the AFL with this, but at the same time, the kind of arrogance it would take from Waldron to try and cheat the system and think he'll get away with it certainly sounds very much like an AFL attitude. No one is more arrogant and deluded than those Victorians.

Were the Bulldogs board at the time afl victorians?

What about going back to the 1930's when Frank Hyde was cheating the system by living at his mums but pretending to be living elsewhere so he could play for a different team (Norths?) Rorting the player retaining systems has been going on forever.

Come on, enough with the 'this is afls' fault attitue, it is our own game that once again has done the most damage to itself.

Those responsible should go, then we move on and try to make sure it doesnt happen again. End of story. The hyperbole that can be attached to these things can be fair dinkum insane.

Father Jack

Juniors

quoted for irony considering this thread.

and why would anyone bother to actually 'hate' another sport? Either you follow it, or you don't care I would have thought? Unless you believe all the conspiracy theories I guess.

quoted for irony considering this thread.

and why would anyone bother to actually 'hate' another sport? Either you follow it, or you don't care I would have thought? Unless you believe all the conspiracy theories I guess.
Um, when the sport wants to see the one you love die perhaps. Just a thought.