What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No More Campbelltown

Gus22

Juniors
Don't blame the ground. Blame the players & their attitude. They (players) are the ones not identifying with the region, not vice versa. The support at Campbelltown is just as parochial as it is at Leichardt. It's about time some players embraced the support they get at the venue & treat it like a home game rather than a match on foriegn (or at best neutral) soil.

innsaneink

Referee
No. Dont blame the ground.

But opponents do figure in results.

You dont have to be einstein to work out if you play weaker opposition more often you're more likely to win than playing stronger opposition.....not always, but mostly.

oro

Juniors
You also wouldn't have to be einstein to realise that stronger teams would attract n greater attendances at Campbelltown? Is this reflected in statistics?

Why is it that WTs feel the need to schedule matches against stronger teams at Campbelltown?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Its clear that certain people have a preference as to where the Wests Tigers should play but at the end of the day until they stop trying to please everyone they won't be a succes.

The future of the Wests Tigers isn't around Balmain thats for sure and I doubt the future of the Balmain Tigers will be there in 20yrs time as well let alone the leagues club!

I do think the Wests Tigers could survive out at Campbelltown however at what cost ???? The so called new stadium built for league really wasn't built for league with the outdated facilities, run down scoreboard, lighting that well ....... and then what about the room between the seats ???? once your in the seat good luck in getting out is all I can say!!!!

Alot does need to be changed and well with the council saying "play more games there and it will be upgraded" will never work because why should the Wests Tigers play at a ground - wait for the upgrades whilst operating at a loss if they host night games ????

The more and more I look at where we are heading the more I think the Wests Tigers future lies out at Homebush.

The argument on winning % isn't valid because of the oposition that they have played against compared to Leichhardt Oval.

yappy

Bench
yappy, have you got those drinks ready for me?
I did tip the top 8

And you also tipped the Tigers to make it and The Raiders and Storm to miss out. #-o Taking the scattergun tipping approach and giving everyone a shot in one form or another does not qualify you for elevation to the status of Nostradamus ;-)

You just make sure you get to the beer line early on Saturday night mate. That tip alone should be worth an extra four drinks to you. 8)

Mighty Tiger

Bench
westie said:
Campbelltown coucil will upgrade the ground if 12 games ar guarrenteed.

I know that and thats my point - why should the Wests Tigers bend over and cop a financial loss if the council arn't willing to put the money into the venue before the Wests Tigers commit themselves to playing out of there fulltime ???

Plain and simple unless the council pay for the upgrades before the Wests Tigers make a commitment to play all home games out of there it will never happen, they struggle to play 6 games out of there and make a loss imagine what would happen if they played 12 games out of campbelltown during the periods of the upgrade ???

# 8

Juniors
yappy said:
I did tip the top 8

And you also tipped the Tigers to make it and The Raiders and Storm to miss out. #-o Taking the scattergun tipping approach and giving everyone a shot in one form or another does not qualify you for elevation to the status of Nostradamus ;-)

You just make sure you get to the beer line early on Saturday night mate. That tip alone should be worth an extra four drinks to you. 8)
I will be in line very early for me drinks, no worries about that. Thank God it's in Townsville and I don't have to come to Sydney for another week. :D

westie

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
westie said:
Campbelltown coucil will upgrade the ground if 12 games ar guarrenteed.

I know that and thats my point - why should the Wests Tigers bend over and cop a financial loss if the council arn't willing to put the money into the venue before the Wests Tigers commit themselves to playing out of there fulltime ???

Plain and simple unless the council pay for the upgrades before the Wests Tigers make a commitment to play all home games out of there it will never happen, they struggle to play 6 games out of there and make a loss imagine what would happen if they played 12 games out of campbelltown during the periods of the upgrade ???

I hardly think it would take long to wack a big screen and some lights in.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
westie said:

It needs more work than that done, bloody hell how long has it taken now to replace the scoreboard and considering they approved the grant for that about 3yrs ago its a joke.

The council needs to show some forward thinking and well if they don't then the place will be lucky to have any games played out of there in years to come!

Vicious

Bench
So if Campbelltown Council approved the required renovations be done to the ground and the Wests Tigers decided to play all their games at Campbelltown as well as moving their head office and training facilities out there,would Balmain supporters stay 100% behind the team?????

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Vicious said:
So if Campbelltown Council approved the required renovations be done to the ground and the Wests Tigers decided to play all their games at Campbelltown as well as moving their head office and training facilities out there,would Balmain supporters stay 100% behind the team?????

Of course I would support the Wests Tigers, the same as I would still support Balmain - All I bloody want is for us not to have 4 home grounds which is going to be a huge disadvantage to us!

What I am saying above about Campbelltown isn't about which ground is better or a battle along those grounds it is the simple fact which has now been made obvious by the move of the Wests Tigers to TS that unless somethings change out at Campbelltown Stadium then I doubt that in a few years time the Wests Tigers will be playing 3 games let alone any games out there

Vicious

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
Vicious said:

Of course I would support the Wests Tigers, the same as I would still support Balmain - All I bloody want is for us not to have 4 home grounds which is going to be a huge disadvantage to us!

What I am saying above about Campbelltown isn't about which ground is better or a battle along those grounds it is the simple fact which has now been made obvious by the move of the Wests Tigers to TS that unless somethings change out at Campbelltown Stadium then I doubt that in a few years time the Wests Tigers will be playing 3 games let alone any games out there
Good to hear,but I reckon we`d lose quite a few Balmain supporters if we moved out to Campbelltown full time unfortunately.I must admit I love Leichardt Ovals atmosphere as much as anyone,but at the same time if we don`t claim the Campbelltown area as distinctly our own turf shortly,I fear it could spell disaster for the club.Whatever happens,next year has to be a huge success on the football field if the Wests Tigers are unite,survive and progress!

NZ Magpie

Juniors
# 8 said:
yappy said:
The Maggies have won about 6 at least - including a premiership.
Not talking about school footy.
I did tip the top 8 :D

I will get the drinks in for # 8 as long as you drink them all and don't bitch and moan when you are sick.

tigger

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
westie said:

It needs more work than that done, bloody hell how long has it taken now to replace the scoreboard and considering they approved the grant for that about 3yrs ago its a joke.

The council needs to show some forward thinking and well if they don't then the place will be lucky to have any games played out of there in years to come!

Sorry to shatter the illusion MT, the reason why it takes 3 years to get anything done out there is due to the demographic's laziness. There is a formula that i will simplify:

Who lives in the Outer West?
The overwhelming majority are people that cannot afford to live in the inner city, whether they say that they don't want to live in a show box or not, these people simply cannot afford to live in a nice house in the inner city.

Why can these people not afford to live in the inner city?
Mainly due to the fact that they do not have jobs or business' that are successful.

Why?
Because in general they are not looking for material objects and fast cars, they are looking for the easy life, where they start work late and finish early, where stress is someone else's problem etc.

Therefore, who would people like this vote into Council?
THE EXACT SAME TYPE OF PERSON TO REPRESENT THEM.

The only reason that the JV should move to Campbelltown for is to give the 1000's of single mothers and their kids called Caine & Shazza something to cheer at once a fortnight!

innsaneink

Referee
tigger said:
Mighty Tiger said:
westie said:

Sorry to shatter the illusion MT, the reason why it takes 3 years to get anything done out there is due to the demographic's laziness. There is a formula that i will simplify:

Who lives in the Outer West?
The overwhelming majority are people that cannot afford to live in the inner city, whether they say that they don't want to live in a show box or not, these people simply cannot afford to live in a nice house in the inner city.

Why can these people not afford to live in the inner city?
Mainly due to the fact that they do not have jobs or business' that are successful.

Why?
Because in general they are not looking for material objects and fast cars, they are looking for the easy life, where they start work late and finish early, where stress is someone else's problem etc.

Therefore, who would people like this vote into Council?
THE EXACT SAME TYPE OF PERSON TO REPRESENT THEM.

The only reason that the JV should move to Campbelltown for is to give the 1000's of single mothers and their kids called Caine & Shazza something to cheer at once a fortnight!

You really are a sad f**k aint ya?

Judging people by where they live and what they do.

I know some will say its just a bait etc etc,......but I'm sure you really are the shallow, transparent, bitter blinkered fool you portray youself as.

tigger

Juniors
Say what you will, but the FACT is that the vast majority of residents of the South Western Belt cannot afford to live in the inner city or north shore. People say they 'choose' to live there :roll: This is not the case. If they had a choice between living on the water at Balmoral or in Campbelltown, only the insane would live in Campbelltown, therefore it is not a choice to live there.

I am not being slanderous or trying to put down these people, i am merely stating the facts.

If you are able to remember Balmain in the 70's and early 80's, i think you will find it was the same as Campbelltown now.

If the area had stayed with that demograpic, i am sure that we would not be evening talking about this as Balmain would still be playing in the NRL.