What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No offense but.....

Munky

Coach
My version (X-Box) of the game has no bugs. It has examples of poor design but they are not bugs. Buggy software is Wheel of Time or Sin when they first came out, were not playable due to drop outs and the like.

The Fifa games have many design errors or poor design eg. Goaly AI who run and stops and runs back leaving an easy goal. This is the equivalent of the fullback standing to close to the line in Rugby League. Some versions have poor examples of the rules especially when it comes to penalties and free kicks.

stugutz

Juniors
mmm... this game looks to me like a lot of copying from the ARU (australian rugby union) game...

pretty sub standard effort on producing this nrl game. for $90+ i would have expected much more considering they copied a lot from the 'rugby' game. in actual fact i prefer the 'rugby' game in preference.

my biggest problem with this game is that once the ball has been played and the dummy half plays it to the 1st reciever, the 1st reciever is very slow to move...
is this a problem that you guys have encounted ?

Anonymous

Juniors
Because Madden is the Pinnacle of Sports games, and some of you nutters are comparing this to that.

OMG get off it. Everyone knows that the pinnacle of sports games is Pro Evolution Soccer 3 and the PES series in general. How the hell can Madden be a good game when based on a blatantly ludicrous sport.

Every1 seemed 2 love Jonah lomu rugby. It was dubbed the best rugby game and look at all the bugs in that. No knock ons, goal kicking was way too easy, graphics were absolutely shit house, the commentry was annoyingly repetitive just 2 name a few but the gameplay was still awesome. Rugby league also has bugs but i think it is still an awesome game to play. Just settle down evry1. Dont critisise it 4 its faults, Praise it 4 its qualities.

westhull

Juniors
Believe it or not i love this game.... but what i cant get my head around is the fact that this many bugs got passed the beta testers..Vodka etc..

stugutz

Juniors
The game should be criticised for its faults... every game also has its qualities... and so they should.
At the end of the day we are the suckers that by the game for $90+, and why shouldn't it be done right, especially at that price. They have had enough time and practise to get it right. You'd think they would have learnt from other games mistakes...
Yes its great that we finally have a nrl game on the market but be for real why bother releasing a 2nd grade version.
The developers have the knowledge to get it right... or the question is 'do they have the knowledge'? or better still 'do they know how to put it together'?
Fancy putting a $90+ price tag on a $2.00 disc with a $20 game on it.
=D>
...mmm, let me see average $90 x a shitload sold = mega bucks - cost to produce = shitload of profit.
dam I'd like to be Mr Sony!

Can someone kindly tell me what other games this developer has produced ?

NPK

Bench
stugutz said:
The game should be criticised for its faults... every game also has its qualities... and so they should.
At the end of the day we are the suckers that by the game for $90+, and why shouldn't it be done right, especially at that price. They have had enough time and practise to get it right. You'd think they would have learnt from other games mistakes...
Yes its great that we finally have a nrl game on the market but be for real why bother releasing a 2nd grade version.
The developers have the knowledge to get it right... or the question is 'do they have the knowledge'? or better still 'do they know how to put it together'?
Fancy putting a $90+ price tag on a $2.00 disc with a $20 game on it.
=D>
...mmm, let me see average $90 x a shitload sold = mega bucks - cost to produce = shitload of profit.
dam I'd like to be Mr Sony!

Can someone kindly tell me what other games this developer has produced ?

hahaha you're gonna get flamed! 8)

Clevo

Juniors
Stugutz...... you forgot to mention the money spent in developing the software, wages, rent etc etc which you have to make up for, then have enough for future projects and a little left over for more staff and partying :)

When small companies like this develope software they do it for the love and a chance to make some cash. They get nothing unless a publisher puts up some cash to make it happen faster but then the publishers start calling the shots. The publisher is the one that decides when it is released...buggy or not.

StHelens

Juniors
Sean7 said:
StHelens said:
ngunity said:
Regarding Bugs:
Sure it's League, what we've all been hankering for since ARL 96, but the fact remains we pay $90 to get a product that still should be in BETA testing for some of it's GLARING problems.

It seems as though most of you people questioning the game are more bothered about the little niggly bugs than actually having the game and getting enjoyment out of it. The people moaning about the bugs have lost sight of what the game is actually about and that's entertainment. Oh no a few bugs, you might not win every game, the game might stall every leap year(!) So bloody what?! I enjoy it and the majority of people on here do.

P.S The word cheapskate springs to mind for some people (*cough* Clevo and nguity *cough*) :roll:

Hmmm... your logic intrigues me. So they're cheapskates because they'd rather spend $90 on a higher quality games that they may enjoy more.

The words ignorant prick spring to mind for StHelens.

Yup they're cheapskates. Yes they should just stop whinging. They obviously don't want the game because it's 'so buggy' so I suggest they go and buy Barbie goes to England, i hear that's got no bugs :roll:

Choppies

Coach
IanRitchie said:
It is a pity Madden is a game of such a terribly crap sport.

here here
how could you watch something that goes for 5 hours with on average 10 seconds of play every 5 mins of the players doin f**k all???