What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Origin Grade Players?

N.C.

Juniors
OK I finally bit the bullet and had a look at the 17 man Origin squad.

Oh dear.

Juniors
Phill Gould put it best on the Sunday Roast going back a while now, Farah is miles ahead of Ennis in attack and creating opportunities out of defensive lapses, however he would chose Ennis because his team need more than 1 weeks training in order for Farahs plays to work and that he would not chose a player and ask him to play in a different style or position.

In game 1 last year the only player who read him was Hayne, that could be because their close mates or something, but most of the time he was left stranded when he tried something other than picking up the ball and passing. I remember 1 incident clearly whan he went the short side and created an overlap and turned to pass and his team mates were back ten metres jerking each other off, he got smashed.

I'd prefer see him healthy at the Tigers (even out of form) rather than playing behind NSW a forward pack thats destined to get their asses handed to them and than have to listen to the Farkers on here saying how much better Ennis would have gone. I've stopped arguing because anyone who says Ennis is a better player doesnt know crap about footy, give them their satisfaction.

The Blues selectors can shove it, they dont deserve Farah until they can pick a team capable of playing to his style.

andrew9148

Juniors
Yes so we got Lawrence (soon to be SOO), Tuqiri (dual), Ellis (GB), Marshall (NZ), Farah (NSW and Aust), Mckinnon (city), Heighinton (country), Galloway (city), Gibbs (city), Tuaki (NZ), Tupou (NZ), Cayless(NZ), Fulton (City 18th man) and Moltzen, fifita, dwyer amongst many who have enormous potential. So f**k Bellamy and his salary cap rorting cronies.

westie

Bench
Phill Gould put it best on the Sunday Roast going back a while now, Farah is miles ahead of Ennis in attack and creating opportunities out of defensive lapses, however he would chose Ennis because his team need more than 1 weeks training in order for Farahs plays to work and that he would not chose a player and ask him to play in a different style or position.

In game 1 last year the only player who read him was Hayne, that could be because their close mates or something, but most of the time he was left stranded when he tried something other than picking up the ball and passing. I remember 1 incident clearly whan he went the short side and created an overlap and turned to pass and his team mates were back ten metres jerking each other off, he got smashed.

I'd prefer see him healthy at the Tigers (even out of form) rather than playing behind NSW a forward pack thats destined to get their asses handed to them and than have to listen to the Farkers on here saying how much better Ennis would have gone. I've stopped arguing because anyone who says Ennis is a better player doesnt know crap about footy, give them their satisfaction.

The Blues selectors can shove it, they dont deserve Farah until they can pick a team capable of playing to his style.

This is the point. Unfortunately for NSW, 6 years ago QLD decided to get a bunch of young attackers to learn each others' game. We are simply incapable of winning until we pick a team that can out score them. Ennis couldn't get it going in the proverbial.

Talanexor

Juniors
For what it's worth guys, Lawrence would make my NSW team any day of the week and Benji is better than any NSW-elegible halves.

If Ennis has another poor game, Farah will be there for game three.

If Farah wants to play Origin again though, he'll need to do 2 things:

1 - be more aggressive. Put on a big hit or something. The selectors apparently don't watch Tigers games, so Farah needs to make sure he's on the highlights reel.

2 - play a more traditional hooker role. Cam Smith is the perfect example - he's got the same skillset as Farah, but doesn't use it anywhere near as often. Farah kicks out of dummy half a LOT. It's good for a bit of variety, but in origin you should have two halves already with good kicking games. Smith might only do one or two per game, not every set.

Most of all, you guys need to brighten up. Having no origin players makes it hard to attract talent, true, but having 4 origin players AND COMING DEAD LAST makes it even harder.

gronkathon

First Grade
He has been playing more of that style of game for the last 3 weeks. It has bought more balance to the side and also helped Lui take a bigger role and settle better.

I don't want him picked for Origin.

I want NSW to lose 3 - 0 so we can get rid of the fraud Bellamy and the spastic selectors

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Most of all, you guys need to brighten up. Having no origin players makes it hard to attract talent, true, but having 4 origin players AND COMING DEAD LAST makes it even harder.

Yep, its hard to fathom sometimes. There are lions at club level that become lambs when you throw the blue guernsey on and lambs that become lions when they throw the maroon guernsey on.

Then, as you say, there are solid players that get rewarded but no matter what, even when there are a few of them in a club team, they cannot do it all themselves. It is a 17 man game now. I suppose the only comment I could say is that Cowboys would seem to have either stagnated or they have too many players passed it making up the other squad members. The 4 SOO players cant carry the team on their backs alone, others have to step up and they arent.

Direct

Juniors
He has been playing more of that style of game for the last 3 weeks. It has bought more balance to the side and also helped Lui take a bigger role and settle better.

I don't want him picked for Origin.

I want NSW to lose 3 - 0 so we can get rid of the fraud Bellamy and the spastic selectors

While I think Bellamy may get dumped, there's little possibility of any of the selectors departing. I don't think I've ever heard of a selector being sacked.

Of course the first two cabs off the rank for selectors would be Freddy and Brandy.