What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No outcry from the media when we get bad calls

maestro1

Bench
Every other team gets an outcry when they get even 1 bad crucial call in a game that changes the game. We had about 4 absolute howlers, and two diabolical calls go against us. Yet not one word in the papers, no questions from the reporters at the press conference. Not one of the reporters asked Flanno about the penalty for pushing Xerri into touch, or the forward pass to Kikau, or not one 6:again when they were laying all over us and JAC did the worst flop since Hindmarsh. No penalty for the crusher on Eisunhuth. Matt Burton was in front of the kicker for the first try. The obstruction.

Not 1 clanger, but a shitload and then the refusal to officiate equally. They got 6 x 6 against for less and we couldn't fxcking buy 1. People argue that our 5 penalties in the first half was excessive, but none of them were discretionary. They were all blatant smacks around the head, exaggerated second efforts on a player etc. Basically, the ref had to blow or the whistle. The penalties they received in the second half were mostly bullshit.
We have absolutely no voice in the media. Vossy's heart sang more and more as we got closer to a loss. Fxcking unprofessional turd. Where are all the ex- players like Matty Johns, Fletch, Handy, Tallis, etc asking questions about the Kikau pass and the Xerri penalty. The silence is fxcking deafening. These fxcking officials made sure we were starved of the ball. The positive is that the fxcking bulldogs believe that they played really well. The reality is that they played against a team that the officials handicapped for the WHOLE second half. How are the Bulldogs going to go without all that HELP. They'll get a rude fxcking shock.

maestro1

Bench
Can't believe when Preston ran into Eisenhuth that was still a try.
Every other time it's no try.
Seriously what will Annusley's response be on Monday.
The game is not the game any more.
It's Raffertys Rules.
And if the Dogs think they were good we were SHIT.
Because there has been no outcry, Annesley will say nothing. He hasn't and won't be put in a position where he has to defend any of those calls. If it was the roosters or dogs or any other favoured teams, he would be having to defend a number of calls from that game

since77

Juniors
Put aside for a moment the fact that we were crap in the second half.
I said on another recent thread that the NRL has given us a modern rulebook that has in essence taken us back to the days when unlimited tackles were a thing. A team can have possession now for virtually an entire half of football, like last night. The fatigued defending team then gets poleaxed by penalties / six again / terrible refereeing decisions based on "momentum" for the entire half while the attacking team rolls forward at will.
Thanks NRL, you've done great. Apparently ratings have never been better.....

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Saints lost by a try or 2 in the end then there would be more said for sure but Saints weak as pi$$ players just buckled and let them score 38 unanswered points. Saints did get bad calls but Saints were still in it especially after the Xerri debacle. Dogs had nothing on Saints in the 1st half and relied on a kick to score. All Saints had to do was the same second half but decided to defend by grabbing arms. How soft were the tries?

The players should be embarrassed with that performance. I am glad Flanno did not find excuses for that $hite performance and blame refs because the players would then believed they were unfairly treated and continue with this weak attitude of we were robbed so decided to play like under 7's. They were atrocious and an embarrassment to wear the red V. Only guys that played with heart were Lomax who is leaving and JDB who is being pushed out. Suli and Liddle went missing second half and were looking like superstars in the 1st half.

I am so over these floggings. I would rather see the up and coming juniors play and get flogged than these so called "experienced" first graders. That is what Brisbane copped and look at them now. 1 or 2 floggings fair enough but 5 and 1 to a Bulldogs team that have given Souths their only win. Wow. That is a new low.

CozDragon

Juniors
If Saints lost by a try or 2 in the end then there would be more said for sure but Saints weak as pi$$ players just buckled and let them score 38 unanswered points. Saints did get bad calls but Saints were still in it especially after the Xerri debacle. Dogs had nothing on Saints in the 1st half and relied on a kick to score. All Saints had to do was the same second half but decided to defend by grabbing arms. How soft were the tries?

The players should be embarrassed with that performance. I am glad Flanno did not find excuses for that $hite performance and blame refs because the players would then believed they were unfairly treated and continue with this weak attitude of we were robbed so decided to play like under 7's. They were atrocious and an embarrassment to wear the red V. Only guys that played with heart were Lomax who is leaving and JDB who is being pushed out. Suli and Liddle went missing second half and were looking like superstars in the 1st half.

I am so over these floggings. I would rather see the up and coming juniors play and get flogged than these so called "experienced" first graders. That is what Brisbane copped and look at them now. 1 or 2 floggings fair enough but 5 and 1 to a Bulldogs team that have given Souths their only win. Wow. That is a new low.
None of our attacking players, IE - Suli & Liddle are going to look good with under 30% possession. We defended ourselves into the ground, whether that was due to bias calls by the ref gifting dogs 6 agains or penalties or just plain stupidity/ exhaustion by our players when we finally got the ball.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Clubs with leaders and officials that speak up usually get fines (half suspended) but they still get the results with rule adjustments because of the extra scrutiny that they then coach to take advantage of. Obviously the cost to benefit must be ok. Especially seems that the teams higher up the ladder use this tactic to benefit/influence the most. Our leaders appear to be shit scared to speak out for fear of the repercussions. It would be great if Vald and ABDO p***ed off back to racing and SA and genuine senior managers with real league knowledge be appointed. Game knowledge is just as important as financial/business. The shocking mismanagement of last night's game(even a schoolboy player could see the inconsistencies) is a shocking example that would suggest that games are being poorly judged to
a. Make games tighter for the viewer audience or
2. Benefit or disadvantage individual teams.

Rant over.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Every other team gets an outcry when they get even 1 bad crucial call in a game that changes the game. We had about 4 absolute howlers, and two diabolical calls go against us. Yet not one word in the papers, no questions from the reporters at the press conference. Not one of the reporters asked Flanno about the penalty for pushing Xerri into touch, or the forward pass to Kikau, or not one 6:again when they were laying all over us and JAC did the worst flop since Hindmarsh. No penalty for the crusher on Eisunhuth. Matt Burton was in front of the kicker for the first try. The obstruction.

Not 1 clanger, but a shitload and then the refusal to officiate equally. They got 6 x 6 against for less and we couldn't fxcking buy 1. People argue that our 5 penalties in the first half was excessive, but none of them were discretionary. They were all blatant smacks around the head, exaggerated second efforts on a player etc. Basically, the ref had to blow or the whistle. The penalties they received in the second half were mostly bullshit.
We have absolutely no voice in the media. Vossy's heart sang more and more as we got closer to a loss. Fxcking unprofessional turd. Where are all the ex- players like Matty Johns, Fletch, Handy, Tallis, etc asking questions about the Kikau pass and the Xerri penalty. The silence is fxcking deafening. These fxcking officials made sure we were starved of the ball. The positive is that the fxcking bulldogs believe that they played really well. The reality is that they played against a team that the officials handicapped for the WHOLE second half. How are the Bulldogs going to go without all that HELP. They'll get a rude fxcking shock.
All true, I’m basically over the Nrl
If Saints weren’t there I wouldn’t bother
The hierarchy favour a few and the rest can please themselves I’m afraid
Eventually it will self implode because of it with all the supporters from other clubs with similar feelings get sick of it as well and all this talk of expansion is ludicrous it will only exacerbate the situation

Dragon David

First Grade
All true, I’m basically over the Nrl
If Saints weren’t there I wouldn’t bother
The hierarchy favour a few and the rest can please themselves I’m afraid
Eventually it will self implode because of it with all the supporters from other clubs with similar feelings get sick of it as well and all this talk of expansion is ludicrous it will only exacerbate the situation
I'm going to say this now. If the NRL expands to 20 teams, I definitely won't be following it (well by that time who knows where I will be).

The two merged clubs have suffered immensely even though both have won grand finals but all in all they just don't work.

They should just have a comp of 6 teams and they can play each other 4 times in the season.

Dragon Blood

Juniors

WWE
the modern game is pathetic to watch

rasaint

Juniors
im with Walpole’s general sentiment.

We did get a couple of terrible calls. Agree Xerri out in touch and Eisenhuth bowled over. in fairness even the TV commentators did speak up in our favour on these issues. I saw the clear forward pass to Kickau ( actually offside as looked in front of pass) and was surprised in didn’t get called or commented on.

However, as I previously noted the normally reliable Eisenhuth was arm grabbing and appeared ‘sluggish’ in 3 of the second half trys. It may have been fatigue. Yet the team just seemed to cave in in second half. Even Dean Young appeared to predict issues in brief half time comment on loss of players Sele and bird.

6 again is really annoying and seems to be inconsistent and ‘cloaked in mystery‘ at times. when advantage is being applied by refs it comes do to when, where, why on spur of moment. It has a very big influence.

Dragon David

First Grade

We did get a couple of terrible calls. Agree Xerri out in touch and Eisenhuth bowled over. in fairness even the TV commentators did speak up in our favour on these issues. I saw the clear forward pass to Kickau ( actually offside as looked in front of pass) and was surprised in didn’t get called or commented on.

However, as I previously noted the normally reliable Eisenhuth was arm grabbing and appeared ‘sluggish’ in 3 of the second half trys. It may have been fatigue. Yet the team just seemed to cave in in second half. Even Dean Young appeared to predict issues in brief half time comment on loss of players Sele and bird.

6 again is really annoying and seems to be inconsistent and ‘cloaked in mystery‘ at times. when advantage is being applied by refs it comes do to when, where, why on spur of moment. It has a very big influence.
There are plenty of 6 agains close to the try line and the refs keep a very close eye moreso at this location on the field than others especially when the defending team is trying to stop the attacking team from scoring a try and if a defending player is one step off side he will signal 6 again. These "closer" looks at the defending team gives the refs the ability to make things tough for the defenders as he can signal 6 again at a whim several times and fatigue really sets in to then allow the attacking team plenty of opportunities to score - that is what is a bugger with these 6 agains. In the past the ref would give a penalty for offside close to the line and some teams do it on purpose just to let the attacking team go for penalty goal therefore giving the defending team a breather or the attacking team scores but allows the defending team to then get their breath back when they reset for the kick off.

Vlandy's' idea is to make the game faster but get the players tired at the same time. So the fitter the players are the better. Endurance training is essential.

Bin Chicken

Juniors
There are plenty of 6 agains close to the try line and the refs keep a very close eye moreso at this location on the field than others especially when the defending team is trying to stop the attacking team from scoring a try and if a defending player is one step off side he will signal 6 again. These "closer" looks at the defending team gives the refs the ability to make things tough for the defenders as he can signal 6 again at a whim several times and fatigue really sets in to then allow the attacking team plenty of opportunities to score - that is what is a bugger with these 6 agains. In the past the ref would give a penalty for offside close to the line and some teams do it on purpose just to let the attacking team go for penalty goal therefore giving the defending team a breather or the attacking team scores but allows the defending team to then get their breath back when they reset for the kick off.

Vlandy's' idea is to make the game faster but get the players tired at the same time. So the fitter the players are the better. Endurance training is essential.
If this continues we will not have any natural , skilful players in the NRL. It will be all full of athletes that just run fast and super fit.
Hmmm maybe Vlandys will put a team in Kenya next lol.
Vlandys did his job during COVID but it’s time to move on

Lovemedragons

Juniors

The 6 again rule will see me out of RL, it’s random, it’s unquestioned, it changes games. No longer a fair contest, i am not an idiot, my mood will not be controlled by who the referee thinks has the momentum, the refs weren’t good enough to play, so go away! and now we have a new character to contend with…the female ref. - they ref different.

Dragon David

First Grade
The 6 again rule will see me out of RL, it’s random, it’s unquestioned, it changes games. No longer a fair contest, i am not an idiot, my mood will not be controlled by who the referee thinks has the momentum, the refs weren’t good enough to play, so go away! and now we have a new character to contend with…the female ref. - they ref different.
As far as I am concerned watching league means waiting for the bloody 6 agains to be given by the refs. I hate it when you see a team actually defending really well for a couple of sets and when its the last tackle of say a second set, the refs signal six again and the poor buggers who are defending having to maintain strength to keep the attacking team out but we know it ends up with that team scoring a try and the refs say to themselves "I can control the destiny of this game just like that", the bludgers they are.

Latest posts