What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No team has ever won the premiership after conceding 50pts in a regular season match

MRN

Juniors
44 nil 2nd half ?
That must be a record 😂
In the NRL era I think its the Eels who put 50 on the Sharks in the 2nd half in 2003.
Half time 24-4
Full-time 74-4
All time I think is St George Dragons, 68 in the second half v Canterbury in 1935.
Half time 23-6.
Full-time 91-6

blue bags

First Grade
In the NRL era I think its the Eels who put 50 on the Sharks in the 2nd half in 2003.
Half time 24-4
Full-time 74-4
All time I think is St George Dragons, 68 in the second half v Canterbury in 1935.
Half time 23-6.
Full-time 91-6
Dragon's V's Bulldogs game was when a try was only 3 points. Not 4 like these days

Generalzod

Immortal
Half time 24-4
Full-time 74-4
Half time 23-6.
Full-time 91-6
I remember that game David Peachey was sent off because the ref didn't like Peachey speaking with hands, I think at one stage of that game the Sharks played with 11 on the field.

Fangs

Coach
I remember that game David Peachey was sent off because the ref didn't like Peachey speaking with hands, I think at one stage of that game the Sharks played with 11 on the field.

He sent himself off from memory.

Or he was binned and the ref wanted a chat and he just ignored him and left the field. So the ref (Shayne Hayne?) sent him.

I skipped through that match last year sometime on YouTube. You can see the ref lose control very early in the contest and the players got very pissed in return.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
He sent himself off from memory.

Or he was binned and the ref wanted a chat and he just ignored him and left the field. So the ref (Shayne Hayne?) sent him.

I skipped through that match last year sometime on YouTube. You can see the ref lose control very early in the contest and the players got very pissed in return.
Ah, Shane Hayne. People say the standard of refereeing has never been worse but they forget the likes of Hayne, Mogsheen Jadwat and Kelvin “the angry chihuahua” Jeffes.