What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No team has ever won the premiership after conceding 50pts in a regular season match

BunniesMan

Immortal
Rabbits peaked at the back end last year so if they do the same this time round they'll be in the Top 4 which will put them in a good spot to have a crack but the defence on the edges is crap atm.
Nobody has more experience than Wayne and of the many premierships he has won he knows he has not won any of them in May. The only thing that matters in this period is no season enders. A few short term niggles could actually be a net benefit and give players a chance to rest for the run home. If we can field close to our top team in August I will be confident in our chances.

Nealo 12

Bench
Nobody has more experience than Wayne and of the many premierships he has won he knows he has not won any of them in May. The only thing that matters in this period is no season enders. A few short term niggles could actually be a net benefit and give players a chance to rest for the run home. If we can field close to our top team in August I will be confident in our chances.
Stop ...stop ..you’re killing me , too funny. I bet you slay’em on comedy nights at the club !

roofromoz

First Grade
We are certainly the best team to ever lose by 50. A bad week doesn't matter, we were due for a loss, and as long as we are fit when it matters we are as good a chance as any to break that 113 year streak.

Penrith conceded 66 in a match in 2004 (Storm at Olympic Park) and made the preliminary. Souths haven't done that yet.

Remind me again, how many Premierships has Wayne coached a team to in the last 10 years?

Munky

Coach
The Origin period this year could be interesting.

Given how bad defence is across the league, I wonder if some of the top teams will let in big scores with the back ups playing.

The 66 Melbourne put on Penrith mentioned above happened in the Origin period with the back 3 out.

That said the Penrith pack for that game was pretty good looking it up.

The outside backs were pure plod.

1) Brett Howland (really quick toothpick on legs)
2) Luke Dyer (1st and only NRL game)
3) Danny Galea (too slow to be a centre, too small to be a forward).
4) Paul Whatuira (pretty good back then)
5) Trent Clayton (his surname gives away his level of play)

To top it off we had defensive dynamos Amos Roberts and Preston Campbell in the halves.