What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No team has ever won the premiership after conceding 50pts in a regular season match

rockcod

Juniors
Storm should let Canberra score 50 this week then go on to win the comp just to break the record.

They could let in 50 this week and still finish the season with the least points conceded and best for & against.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Has any team won the comp the season after they've had 50pts put on them ? Teams like Broncs and eagles are gonna just be making up the numbers this year but does the hoodoo stretch further than 1 season

Wests Tigers lost 50-0 to St George Illawarra in roynd 15, 2004.

Then won the title in 2005.

So rest easy friend, Manly can still win the title in 2018 :blush::blush:

SBD82

Coach
What if the Seagles played the Broncos in the 2017 gf . . . crikey I could have some fun with that

I'm glad you're here POPEYE.

Hoping you could tell us off the top of your head if any team has won the shield after conceding 50 points in the season.

POPEYE

Coach

Hoping you could tell us off the top of your head if any team has won the shield after conceding 50 points in the season.
Sorry ol' mate, what happens before a team wins The Shield and what happens afterwards is fodder for Wankerland . . . 'vibes' are my imaginary friend

billygilmore

Juniors
What if the Seagles played the Broncos in the 2017 gf . . . crikey I could have some fun with that

Ben Hunt could drop the ball in extra time again therefore we could say the broncos lost the gf instead of manly won it and still keep the hoodoo alive

T.S Quint

Coach

If you're talking about the Giltinan Shield, I know that Parramatta got flogged 54-14 by the Broncos in 2005 and then went on to win the Minor Premiership.

I'm sure other teams have done it as well.

POPEYE

Coach
I like you popeye.

I have absolutely no idea what you just said, but I enjoyed it.
That's the way, lowercase amongst friends and uppercase for the bait

Think outside the square and it'll come to you . . . remember, I consider The Shield the greatest prize in club RL and dismiss bling like gf's, immortals, DM's and Origin as peripheral bullshit to keep the media interested . . . unfortunately RL can't just be a game for connoisseurs

POPEYE

Coach
If you're talking about the Giltinan Shield, I know that Parramatta got flogged 54-14 by the Broncos in 2005 and then went on to win the Minor Premiership.

I'm sure other teams have done it as well.
'Minor Premiership' sounds like it was thought up by a paedophile . . . incongruous in more ways than one

Latest posts