What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOAD: THANKYOU BULLDOGS & TIGERS FANS

Dogaholic

First Grade
NOAD: THANKYOU BULLDOGS & TIGERS FANS
I would like to thank and congratulate all Bulldogs and Tigers fans who came out to Telstra Stadium on Sunday. It was extremely pleasing to see a crowd of nearly 20,000 turn up on a very busy Easter Sunday to watch us battle the Tigers in an amazing game of football. It was the second most attended NRL match for the round, after the Friday night match between the Roosters and the Broncos.

The Club has received a lot of positive feedback from both Bulldogs and Tigers supporters who were at the game and all have commented on how much they enjoyed the atmosphere and the spirited but good natured and courteous support from both sets of fans, although I suspect all those that followed the Bulldogs would have preferred a different result.

It’s great to see all the work that the Club and fans have done in implementing the Code of Conduct seems to be paying off in the main. There were minimal crowd disruptions during the match with only one person ejected for disruptive behaviour.

I would like to stress that we want the sporting community to recognize our fans for what we believe we are, the best in the league. For this to happen the Club will continue to work with police and Telstra Stadium staff in strictly enforcing rules against foul language, abusive chanting, racism and intimidation.

Again, thank you for making our games a great experience for all that come along. I hope that you can make the trip to Toyota Park this Sunday to support the team as they take on the Sharks.

Regards

Malcolm Noad
CEO
Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/dogbites.asp?ID=1914&SN=1

Cammo

Bench
Good to hear the initiatives are working so far. I think the biggest test is going to be The Roosters game in Round 6. If we can through that without any problems then we will know that things are really moving in the right direction.

ibeme

First Grade
I know what you mean Cammo, although our idiot fan contigent handled alright the second time we met last year. The sad thing for me, as I've stated at the kennel, is that people are whinging about the army registration's failures, and that young fellas are handing their rego card over the railing for others to gain access, but none of them thought to report their actions to security. Anyone who is willing to flaunt the law or break the rules in such a way are prime candidates for suspension before it's too late.

That's one of the many benefits of the registration system. Anyone who tries to bypass it are putting up their hands as someone we don't want at our games. And I've also heard about people not wanting to go to the games because they don't agree with the registration system. Another bonus in my opinion. Anyone with such a view will not be missed.

JK

all have commented on how much they enjoyed the atmosphere and the spirited but good natured and courteous support from both sets of fans, although I suspect all those that followed the Bulldogs would have preferred a different result.

You reckon?? :lol:

Beavis

Juniors
Was at the game on Sunday. Saw an altercation between a Bulldogs supporter, and i assume a WT supporter (couldn't see him). I was very impressed with the number of doggies supporters who took to thier own, pulled him off, and told him to get out of the ground as you didn't want him there.

Slowly but surely you are weeding out the element(by that, i mean the guys who want to cause trouble) of your supporter base who are given you, the supporters, and your club a bad name.

I exchanged some friendly banter with a lot of dogs supporters, and it was all good.

Well done.