What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noddy quote from Telegraph

Dread

Juniors
I thought this was an interesting one from Noddy. The whole article is about his non-selection from Origin and the 'broken promises' given to him by the selectors. It was this little quote that stood out most for mine though:

'I would rather deliver the Shire its first comp than play for NSW again. I've received so much support through this period from the club. I'd love to repay that by taking them to the finals and helping them win the premiership.'

Frenzy.

Post Whore
He said something similar on FOX during the week. Wasn't totally unslefish on FOX though as he did say his focus was the tri nations tour.

BeenThere

Juniors
and how many of the noddy back slappers were among the so called fans who used to boo him at Shark Park and more disgracefully at the functions after the games -- I can hear the "not me"'s already. Some members of this forum do not have heads big enough to hold all the faces they have.

black_dot

Juniors
nature of the beast I'm afraid Been there. Plenty of people supportyour own lad on here, basically becuase they know of you presence, yet in other forums and at games, at the bars, bag the hell out of him.

like I said, it's the 2 faced nature of the average league fan mate. Come on, you've sat in the stands mate, you know the kind of thick skin it takes to listen to the away fans and the kind of low things they say, it's no different to some home fans mate, you have to let it run off you back like water off a ducks.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
black_dot said:
nature of the beast I'm afraid Been there. Plenty of people supportyour own lad on here, basically becuase they know of you presence, yet in other forums and at games, at the bars, bag the hell out of him.

like I said, it's the 2 faced nature of the average league fan mate. Come on, you've sat in the stands mate, you know the kind of thick skin it takes to listen to the away fans and the kind of low things they say, it's no different to some home fans mate, you have to let it run off you back like water off a ducks.

WHOA there dottie!! That's not a generalisation you should make in this place. Not fair at all really.

warren

Juniors
I didnt like Kimmorley when he came to the sharks
mainly because i loved preston
but i still really dont like him all that much now, though he plays for the sharks and that makes him alright i spose.

nice one noddy

i often wonder why don't people like him ?

maybe it's the 'mates with opes' factor. that and the fact his name isn't andrew johns. seems to cop more bad vibes for doing nothing wrong than most other players going around.

menai_dogs

Juniors
who ever bags kimmorley is a w*nker. plain and simple. to bag him out at the game (being a fan) u would have to be the biggest loser of them all. like to see any of u guys get out their do do half the job noddy does. much better player than sherwin and barret, they need their forwards to help them win games...

coolumsharkie

Referee
BeenThere said:
and how many of the noddy back slappers were among the so called fans who used to boo him at Shark Park and more disgracefully at the functions after the games -- I can hear the "not me"'s already. Some members of this forum do not have heads big enough to hold all the faces they have.

Captian Jack Sparrow said:
That's not a generalisation you should make in this place. Not fair at all really

Double standards?

carcharias

Immortal
I'll stick my hand up at being pissed off at having our crowd favourite shunted into PL for Andersons golden child.
f**king hell Preston was the Dally M player of the year.
How could Anderson justify punting him after half a trial match?

Lets face it , who really liked Noddy before he came here?

That's what got most fans backs up.
It wasn't Noddy himself, it was the treatment Preston received.
To me having him playing PL at Henson park ( which I went to watch) was madness.

I never doubted Noddy's ability just Andersons lies.
Incumbent was a word I learn't to ignore.

Things are different now and I am prepeared to make the huge call of........
"Noddy is the greatest player to have ever worn the Sharks Jumper".

Shark

Bench
I'm pretty much along the same lines as Carch.

I never doubted that Noddy was going to do great things on the paddock for us.

BUT...I firmly believed that a 'great' coach (as Ando was being touted) should have been able to find roles in the team that suited the talents of his star players. By that I mean, he should have been able to blend Noddy's game with Preston's and together they should have been able to create sweet magic on the paddock.

I never booed at a presentation, and I cringed every time it happened. But I will admit to being bloody angry at how things were being done at Shark Park.

That anger, however, was always directed solely at Anderson. Noddy never deserved the flack he copped, and I think he realised that he wasn't really the target anyway...

black_dot

Juniors
Thanks coolumn , sorry jack but I didn't see any more generalisation in my comment than was included in Been theres original post.

I didn't mean it probably as harsh as it came out, I was trying to get accross to been there that thick skin is needed. Come on, many of us have sat in stands and watced family or mates play and had to listen to the jibes and insults from away fans. The forum is no different, and as was evidenced in another totally unrelated thread about the footy show appearance by a forummer, mates and family need to treat this forum like a stand at the footy and accept that other people do no know you personally, make comment based on their view and opinion on footy and let it slide.

bubs

Juniors
One of the first quotes Anderson gave when he came to the Sharks was something along the lines of...

" The team would be cheered at these presentations whether they played well or played terribly. "
He felt that gave the team a false sense of security.
Well, he certainly fixed that problem, didn't he?

Booyah

Bench
I'll admit I had a problem with Noddy in for Preston, but it was never anything personal. I simply believed that Preston should have had a fair go while Noddy earned his stripes off the bench or in Reserves.

Like someone said I think my anger was more directed at dOpes for making the change.

I have also never ever booed a Cronulla side in my life.