What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noddy to Roosters ?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sideline Eye said:
7 = kearney
6 = seymour

with money left buy gorrell

Suits me fine. Kinga, IMO, isn't up to it. He "brings" little to the side other than a solid defensive work ethic. Gorrell is clever, handles 9,7 and 6 and is an option goalkicker meaning poor old Covell wouldn't HAVE to be retained in firsts over a better option just for goalkicking. I doubt he will get much of a look in with Sticky anyway as he likes speed men.

Inferno

Coach
Frenzy. said:
Suits me fine. Kinga, IMO, isn't up to it. He "brings" little to the side other than a solid defensive work ethic. Gorrell is clever, handles 9,7 and 6 and is an option goalkicker meaning poor old Covell wouldn't HAVE to be retained in firsts over a better option just for goalkicking. I doubt he will get much of a look in with Sticky anyway as he likes speed men.

Mellars got a decent run this year though Frenzy and is he much quicker than Covell?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sideline Eye said:
Wouldn't it be funny if the Ando/Sharks combo is the only one not to win a comp!!

Can we substitute funny for ironic?

I can see a Roosters premiership with Ando at the helm before I can see a Sharks premiership to be honest.

Won't that say lot's about how the front office runs the club.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Inferno said:
Mellars got a decent run this year though Frenzy and is he much quicker than Covell?

Well Mellars is actually WAY faster than Covell and he really only got a decent go because half the Roosters backs spent a good deal of the year at Prince Of Wales!

Skinny Byrne got game time off Sticky as well but was also the first one fire saled when his contract expired.

Cov however will ALWAYS have footy smarts on his plus side. Often there is no substitute for that,

Since 73

First Grade
Seymour - You won't get 26 solid rounds from him at his best. His best position is 5/8 and he is a team player not an individual gamebreaker.

Dykes - His body won't go 26 rounds. Showed he has the abilty to get our team scoring 30 points a game consistently if allowed to run attack.

kearney - Enthusiastic livewire who will perform even better in 2007 than this year which was by far his best.

Kimmorely - Whether his career is over or not as a first grade halfback, best for all involved he move on. Didn't start well at Shak Pak and has declined since.

Summation:
Dykes to start year at half with Kearney at 5/8. Dykes needs to be nursed thru season so will miss selective games where Kearney will go to 7 and Seymour to 6. Seymour's year a learning one off Dykes and ready to fill in for injuries etc.
Kearney is our future and needs to be told so. this guy looks to have the balls to step up to the plate.

Thomo.

First Grade
Frenzy. said:
I can see a Roosters premiership with Ando at the helm before I can see a Sharks premiership to be honest.

yes cause he'll have free reign

Danger

Juniors
Sideline Eye said:
Massive chance a release will be asked for early next week...and granted!!
I f*ckin hope so, does this mean dykes will stay now, or is he pretty much a done deal to esl???

Surely

Post Whore
He we go with this Kearney crap again, fantastic support player, not a playmakers arse.

Kearney and seymor would be the worsst halves combo in the comp.

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Nuts might have known about AndO!!!
Do u really think a deal was done at the Roosters in just 2 days??? Try the last 3 months.

sharkadelic

Juniors
As Long as we get rid of Noddy and his crappy tactics, I dont care if this nefarious plot was hatched back in 1492. F*ck off Noddy.

I still think Anderson was an agent of all that hate our club to sabotage it. Noddy is the last lingering cancer.

Inferno

Coach
Surely said:
He we go with this Kearney crap again, fantastic support player, not a playmakers arse.

Kearney and seymor would be the worsst halves combo in the comp.

Stats would indicate otherwise.

in the 9 games this year he was in the halves we won 7.

Where would you play him Surely?

shintaro

Juniors
Sideline Eye said:
7 = kearney
6 = seymour

with money left buy gorrell

I think Dykes must stay..in the short term at least. And for the life of me I cannot understand why the Dragons don't rate Gorrell. He isn't in their fulltime squad but i would have him over Woolford any day.

fizman

Bench
Sideline Eye said:
Nuts might have known about AndO!!!
Do u really think a deal was done at the Roosters in just 2 days??? Try the last 3 months.

This is 100% correct. I came down to Sydney for the Sharks v Newcastle game and caught up with Ando at Southern Districts.

spider

Coach
Sideline Eye said:

I have spoken to one better than Ando on this one SLE - as i said, that statement was bullsh*t and you know it. You do hit the nail on the head a lot mate, but not with this one and you know it. ;-)

WILLYSCOTT

Juniors
Im worried about our premierleague side next year.

I'm hearing theres a crack in the management side of things.

more to come.