What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nominations for LU most under-rated player.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dont think you can consider Tongue as under-rated anymore, he's gets his due credit and TLL is being mooted as an origin certainity for game III and i havent seen a single person on this forum suggest it wouldnt be warrented, so i dont think they could be considered under-rated anymore IMHO

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Sam Perrett (Roosters)
2. John Williams (Cowboys)
3. Joel Reddy (Eels)
4. Chris Lawrence (Tigers)
5. Michael Gordon (Panthers)
6. ???
7. Ben Hornby (Dragons)
8. Jeff Lima or Adam Blair (Storm)
9. Nathan Friend (Titans)
10. Luke Douglas (Sharks)
11. Zeb Taia (Knights)
12. Luke Stuart (Souths)
13. David Stagg (Bulldogs)

14. Lance Hohaia (Warriors)
15. Bronson Harrison (Raiders)
16. Glenn Hall (Manly)
17. ???

Honorable mention: Bryson Goodwin (Bulldogs)

Dont think you can consider Tongue as under-rated anymore, he's gets his due credit and TLL is being mooted as an origin certainity for game III and i havent seen a single person on this forum suggest it wouldnt be warrented, so i dont think they could be considered under-rated anymore IMHO
Mate, with his spirit & tenacity, he should have been playing SOO years ago. He is not given enough credit, playing alongside some guys that turn it up when they feel that the team is gone. Plays with a pride & passion, sadly lacking by a large number at Parramatta in recent times. Tongue's full potential may never be realised.
I thought that this may change a bit, after you guys were rid of weyman - what drugs did Bennett give him. What a form reversal in under 6 months. Weyman was USELESS at the raiders - only good for a dropped ball and a fight.

benj4

Juniors
Ashley Harrison - everybody was laughing at his selection for SOO this year but nobody is laughing anymore. He has outplayed most of the NSW pack for 2 years now. Tremendous player. How he doesn't get into the Australian squad before Watmough, Stewart and Gallen is beyond me.

MKEB...

Staff member
Chris Houston
Simon Mannering (though alot of this years form has ben questionable)
Lance Hohaia
Pattern

mxlegend99

Referee
Nick Kenny
David Stagg
David Shillington
Luke Douglas
Mat Rogers
Jason King
Matt Cross
Simon Mannering
Zeb Taia
Scott Bolton
Joel Reddy
Paul Aiton
Luke Stuart
Ben Hornby
Sam Perrett
Tim Moltzen

There is one from each team, overall my top 5 would be Luke Stuart, David Stagg, Luke Douglas, Mat Rogers and Sam Perrett.
So glad that someone mentioned him. Paul Aiton has been great for the Panthers this season and is extremely consistant. He and Michael Gordon are two of our better players that are extremely consistant yet their work seems to go unnoticed.

GB!

Juniors
todd payten - good prop, but has balls skills to play back row & lock
michael robertson - does everything a great winger can do & quite a handy FB now too
matt orford - 3rd best 1/2 in the game behind JT & kimmorley, getting manly back on track
steve matai - tough player, always gets injured but still plays well. other centres dread opposing him

Charlie124

First Grade
From Cowboys

Aaron Payne
Scott Bolton
Steve Rapira - although he probably hasnt been seen enough to get the wraps yet.
Steve Southern

todd payten - good prop, but has balls skills to play back row & lock

Are you serious? He's awful. Never makes good yardage, and tries to pull off miracle plays that only ever come off every 20 attempts. Terrible player.

Are you serious? He's awful. Never makes good yardage, and tries to pull off miracle plays that only ever come off every 20 attempts. Terrible player.

I haven't watched alot of Tigers games this year (vs Saints, vs Storm), but I always seem to have a good impressions about T.Payton as well.

J. Nightingale is the most under-rated player in the NRL at the moment.

I haven't watched alot of Tigers games this year (vs Saints, vs Storm), but I always seem to have a good impressions about T.Payton as well.

This year he has offered nothing to our side. When we are stuck in our own end (most of the time) he does not help us get out of there. Makes little to no yardage every run. Might go alright at a club who have some really big meter eaters, but for us he just doesn't do enough of the hard yakka when we need him to.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mate, with his spirit & tenacity, he should have been playing SOO years ago. He is not given enough credit, playing alongside some guys that turn it up when they feel that the team is gone. Plays with a pride & passion, sadly lacking by a large number at Parramatta in recent times. Tongue's full potential may never be realised.
I thought that this may change a bit, after you guys were rid of weyman - what drugs did Bennett give him. What a form reversal in under 6 months. Weyman was USELESS at the raiders - only good for a dropped ball and a fight.

preaching to the chior mate, but i feel these days Tongue gets alot of wraps. He may not make rep teams but the joe blow on the street and expert analysis all agree he's a rep quality player. 18 months ago there was no question he was easily the most under-rated player in the game, but people have woken up to him now, he's getting a fair share of kudos from the right areas

Big Pete

Referee
Nick Kenny
Kade Snowden
Luke Douglas
Reece Williams
Preston Campbell
Mat Rogers
Nathan Friend
Brad Meyers
Shane Rodney
Jason King
Sika Manu
Aiden Tolman
Junior Sau
Chris Houston
Zeb Taia
Richard Fa'aoso
John Williams
Aaron Payne
Matt Scott
Scott Bolton
Anthony Watts
Joel Reddy
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Michael Gordon
Paul Aiton
Beau Scott
Ben Hornby
Matt Prior
Dan Hunt
Beau Champion
Fetuli Talanoa
Luke Stuart
Sam Perrett
Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Shane Shackleton
Lewis Brown
Jesse Royal

JB

Juniors
Learoyd-Lahrs

Nathan Merritt

Lance Hohaia

Braith Anasta - he's not as bad as made out.

mozza91

Coach
Braith Anasta - he's not as bad as made out.
Agreed I don't know why he gets so much hate he's a very good player
for mine
Taia
Sau
Reddy
Hornby
Friend
Luke
Mark Minichello
Mat Rogers
Perrett
Millard