What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nominations thread.

taipan

Referee
Ha! Wonder if they'll still be handing out paraphernalia on Saturday night?
If you were a 'professional' group of people with strong business acumen and corporate governance, wouldn't you check your eligibility before nominating? Surely you would at least check the eligibility of the alliance you're jumping into bed with???

You would,their professionalism has talken a hit.At least I concede that point.

taipan

Referee
We will never see them all in operation,so their professionlism as a board at the coalface ,therefore cannot be gauged.

I repeat my earlier comments ,and will check all candidates before making my final selection.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Wrong Paul McCarthy. This one went to DLS a few years before the other one. Never played league in his life.

Both Bolderman's are ok, but not sure I'd want the younger one on the board. Very much doubt they'll be elected though.

Thanks for that clarification. Still a De La connection though. I know both McCarthy's from school. Both would fit the good bloke criteria

Wasn't Docking a product of De la - education and JRL.

Yep. Paul Walker as well.

It seems the Unity group are answering some of the questions which have been raised here..

OLYMPIAN Damian Keogh's bid to become Cronulla chairman has hit an eligibility hurdle as neither he nor six other members of the nine-man Sharks Unity ticket are football club members. Sin Bin understands the high-profile group were informed of the ineligibility problems on Thursday and are now expected to dump a number of candidates as five of the nine directors on the Cronulla board must be football club members. As a result, Dino Mezzatesta, an executive with the Accor hotel group, has been nominated to stand for Sharks Unity against chairman Glenn Coleman for the position but the odds also appear to be against him as the most seats the group could win is six, including all four leagues club seats. With nominations for the election already closed, the group are expected to try to form an alliance with other candidates, who include former Sharks stars Mark McGaw and Dane Sorenson.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-into-play-20130328-2gx90.html#ixzz2Oqi9IzsS

Told yas.

Which Thursday were they told this by the way? Yesterday or last Thursday I wonder? Seeing as though they were handing out flyers at the game last week and have had the website up for a few days now one might guess it was yesterday.

The relevance of my question is that if they were only made aware yesterday Mezzatesta can't run for chairman either because he may not of nominated before nominations closed.

A cynic might say these clowns fit in perfectly with the Cronulla circus

jc155776

Coach
What kind of people go want to be board members would not even be voting football club members? Pretty much wanting to jump in now a lot of the hard stuff is done.

spider

Coach
What kind of people go want to be board members would not even be voting football club members? Pretty much wanting to jump in now a lot of the hard stuff is done.

Leagues club has plenty of work ahead JC - it's a basket case. It also has to finance its relocation in the development. When you drill down into systems this is a horrendous cost.

Ground hog day in years to come.

This is a problem of one board residing both entities - needs to be seperate bodies, but that won't happen unless there is constitutional reform.

jc155776

Coach
Constititional reform.

f**k, how often does that talk come up every time we go and vote and nothing is ever really done.

Still frustrates me immensely the whole proxy thing. I think it has been explained a few times but are the clubs hands tied on proxy voting or can a change to the club constitution allow it?

Agree they need a different board for both entities. But maybe allow for people to be voted onto both if they with to run that way.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Mezzatesta not eligible either.

attachment.php

spider

Coach
Constititional reform.

f**k, how often does that talk come up every time we go and vote and nothing is ever really done.

Still frustrates me immensely the whole proxy thing. I think it has been explained a few times but are the clubs hands tied on proxy voting or can a change to the club constitution allow it?

Agree they need a different board for both entities. But maybe allow for people to be voted onto both if they with to run that way.

Proxy voting only need be put to the members vote at an AGM - in the form of a resolution - cant just raise the idea from the floor on the day.

As for both boards having some sit on both - only need the constitution to prohibit balance of power issues, which ultimately reflect on conflict.

Last edited:

Peter Cobb

Juniors
This is Peter Cobb who is standing for election as a Board member at the Sharks. It is great to see so much interest in the upcoming election. To answer one question that came up on the blog I can say that I have no affiliation with De La Salle at all. If there are any other questions I am only too happy to answer them.

All I ask when considering who should manage the Sharks is ask why are we in our present situation? and who is best for the Sharks going forward? The interim CEO was appointed not for any alleged drug issue but for financial concerns. I believe the supporters, players and staff deserve a whole lot better than what we are getting. As for "tickets" or "rebels" you only have to look at the past performances of them to realise that they are not what we need. They vote on a party line. We need directors who vote in the best interests of the Sharks Club.

We have Dragons this weekend and a win against them will make it a happy Easter.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Welcome to the forums Peter! And good on you for being open enough to get on here and chat with members. Good luck

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
well that is a good result so far.
Can we get the unity ticket spokespeeople on here now?

Question for peter, do you have any potential conflicts? If yes, do you see that as a problem if you are elected?

Also, is it possible for us on this forum to create our own ticket of who we think are suitable candidates or will the the block votes cancel that out?

Megalodon

Juniors
This is Peter Cobb who is standing for election as a Board member at the Sharks. It is great to see so much interest in the upcoming election. To answer one question that came up on the blog I can say that I have no affiliation with De La Salle at all. If there are any other questions I am only too happy to answer them.

All I ask when considering who should manage the Sharks is ask why are we in our present situation? and who is best for the Sharks going forward? The interim CEO was appointed not for any alleged drug issue but for financial concerns. I believe the supporters, players and staff deserve a whole lot better than what we are getting. As for "tickets" or "rebels" you only have to look at the past performances of them to realise that they are not what we need. They vote on a party line. We need directors who vote in the best interests of the Sharks Club.

We have Dragons this weekend and a win against them will make it a happy Easter.

Peter,

This is not actually true.

Cullen was contacted by the Board immediately when the Kavanagh report recommended the discontinuation of 3 operational staffers and the General Manager of Football.

Bruno was brought in to run the Football Club on an interim basis.

He has nothing to do with Club finances although he did state at his press conference that, on discussion with the CFO & the finance director that the Club's finances were healthy... in fact, he went on to say the Club's finances were actually healthier than a lot of other Clubs in the NRL.

Latest posts