What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nominations thread.

spider

Coach
member of the leagues club entitles you to a vote due to one board presiding over both entities

you only need your application ratified at the board meeting to do so, therefore only a month grace period at longest

Frenzy.

Immortal
So even though I only purchased footy club voting rights again this year the fact I maintained a leaguies membership throughout will see me as an eligible voter?

shaggs

Coach
Frenzy there is an article in today's telegraph with an interview with Damien keogh. (Can't post a link on my iPhone)

In that it lists his ticket and from how I read it, he will become chairman if they get up. It includes some fairly business and commercial savvy operators.

Maybe Coleman will be a short lived chairman

spider

Coach
chairman needs to be a financial member of both entities, football and leagues

if he is, then he can run for the chair

if not, he can only run for a directors role on the board

maybe koegh is not aware

shaggs

Coach
Thanks spider, I'm sure the writer of that article already knew that. Yeah right.

Wonder if keogh knows that.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Word is that he wasn't even the nomination for chairman. Mezzatesta was and he doesn't meet the criteria apparently.

Was it a Rothfield story?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Nothing against Coleman, but he was not even voted in by the members & now he is chairman.
That just doesnt sit right with me.

Frenzy.

Immortal
You would struggle to find it in the public domain, but this company is under huge financial stress, close to week by week

Well I don't think you can get in dutch for naming a company that is going bad if they are going bad.

Guidance please moddages

Frenzy.

Immortal
Nothing against Coleman, but he was not even voted in by the members & now he is chairman.
That just doesnt sit right with me.

Neither was Damian Irvine when he first took the chair if you recall. DI ran on Bazza's ticket as a board member. Bazza then left and the board voted DI on.

Nothing can he done if Hypo is the only nominee to meet the criteria.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
So lets back ground these guys

Peter Cobb Good bloke. Had mates in high school
Greg McAleer?
David Boldeman??
Peter O'Driscoll??
Mark McGaw Ex Sharkie great & local junior product. Ran his onw businesses. Broke his hand on Meningas face.
Dane Sorenson legendary Sharks Prop. not really a businessman
Glenn Coleman Ex Sharkies Winger. Good player. Appeared in Tooheys commercials. Hasnt looked after himself.
Craig Douglas current director
Greg Holland current director
Phil Tiernan
Peter Kerr current director allegedly responisble for hiring off the labor & ASADA stooges at the club.
Matthew Hartley
Damian Irvine Ex Chairman Needs 12 months away at least.
Glenn Gorick??
Mark Goodwin??
Dino Mezzatesta?? General Manager Hotel Integration at Accor Asia Pacific?? Same one?
Damian Keogh Ex Basketballer CEO of Val Morgan
Darren McConnell DE LA SALLE BOARD MEMBER!!!
John Dunphy Founder of Shimano
Paul O'Neile
Paul McCarthy
Kevin Dwyer
Andrew Boldeman
Craig Airey

Glenn Coleman to be unopposed as chairman[/QUOTE]
So lets back ground these guys

Fitzy2513

Juniors
Peter Cobb, former Police Prosecutor and current Lawyer. I know him personally both professionally and socially. Put it this way, if he was on the current board there would have been no need to hire the wicked witch and other's. Has the ability and investigative experience to get to the bottom of things very quickly. Intelligent, but has street smarts.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Peter Cobb, former Police Prosecutor and current Lawyer. I know him personally both professionally and socially. Put it this way, if he was on the current board there would have been no need to hire the wicked witch and other's. Has the ability and investigative experience to get to the bottom of things very quickly. Intelligent, but has street smarts.
There are 4 laywers on the current board. That doesn't mean much.
Big question is what is his motivation & does he have any affiliation with De LA Salle?

Fitzy2513

Juniors
I suppose they are questions for him. I offered some background. As stated with 4 current board members as solicitors or similar, why the f**k did we outsource and jump in bed with the devil ?

Last edited:

Latest posts