What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Of all the bonehead ideas. This one is happening on the RHS right now ---->

Admittedly he said buy it, then bury it. But it was still a bonehead idea.

1708995215546.png

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of all the bonehead ideas. This one is happening on the RHS right now ---->

Admittedly he said buy it, then bury it. But it was still a bonehead idea.

View attachment 84552
Is it any different to when Disney bought nerd properties like Marvel and Star Wars and then tried to feed it to demographics who don’t give a shit?

Gronk

Staff member
Is it any different to when Disney bought nerd properties like Marvel and Star Wars and then tried to feed it to demographics who don’t give a shit?
No, the business plan was to buy Super Rugby, then shut it down.

I am not talking about an acquisition, then f**k it up.

From memory the biggest M&A flop was Microsoft and Nokia Or Newscorp buying Myspace. LOL

I can’t recall a company ever paying billions for a rival and then purposely burning to the ground.

Actually Elon is doing a job on twitter. Is that on purpose?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just like Middle Eastern oil barons buying Premier League teams, the goal is political not financial. And Musk has gotten wealthier since he bought Twitter, not poorer. lol@elon

Gronk

Staff member

Gronk

Staff member
So you think he bought Twitter to make money on it.
He didn't pay cash for it and raised the money from equity and debt financing. Morgan Stanley, the bloke from Oracle some other bank and a Saudi Prince lent him the cash. He didn't have $44B liquid.

So what was the business plan he sold to his lenders you think ? Did you know that Musk does not own 100% of the company and that said Prince owns a stack. He has other stakeholders. You reckon they are all enjoying the 50%+ drop in book value ?

JokerEel

Coach
He didn't pay cash for it and raised the money from equity and debt financing. Morgan Stanley, the bloke from Oracle some other bank and a Saudi Prince lent him the cash. He didn't have $44B liquid.

So what was the business plan he sold to his lenders you think ? Did you know that Musk does not own 100% of the company and that said Prince owns a stack. He has other stakeholders. You reckon they are all enjoying the 50%+ drop in book value ?

I reckon they are enjoying the profits in other parts of his businesses. Musk would not have just bought twitter to turn it into a right wing media platform.

User data is huge! he would be using that and on selling it to anyone who wants it through other umbrella companies.

84 Baby

Referee

Pretty sure they are all just lizard people as well

84 Baby

Referee
User data is huge!

giphy.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

They are speculators. But they (all) also overpaid, which is why they tried to get out of the deal. Twitter was always a lemon, but if anyone can turn it around it's the world's richest African. TWTR peaked 18 months before the sale and had hit bottom at the time he made his initial purchase.

Gronk

Staff member
So he nabbed a bargain then? But is still managing to f**k it up...
He watched the platform go feral, which resulted in legitimate advertising moving to away from his platform. Whilst he objected to the X price because of the alleged high bot numbers, he is seemingly happy for troll farms to now exist today and spread misinformation. Apparently, provided that they align with his views.

So twitter is now run by a free speech hero, well not really. The way I see it it’s a rich man using is money to excert influence in the marketplace and in the public square. Not unlike Clive Palmer who has in the past thrown cash/mud at general elections. On the face if it he is an independent for the little man, beyond the facade he is really garnering votes away from one side and providing his preferences to the other.

Musk is doing the same on a global scale. Swaying opinion on geopolitics and looming US general elections.

Sour grapes ? I bet you were not complaining when the same platform supported Hillary merkin ! Her emails ! Hunter Biden ! Pizza shops ! < sigh>

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Hey everyone,
Can anyone recommend a good builder that does work around the Parramatta/Hills District area?? I have a second story deck i want to replace. Aswell as making underneath a waterproof Pergola.
Cheers

Latest posts