What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

84 Baby

Referee
They ain’t even May Premiers!
Do teams usually do this? What a waste of money..
If even real, it’s a purchase order not an invoice. There’d be a cancellation date between order and required date of 3rd October.
3rd October is also grand final day and a Sunday and surely at a minimum you’d want them the last business day before GF, so I’d say it’s fake.
Still lol@50uffs.... who’ll probably put 50 on us this week

Gronk

Staff member
^^^ So will jack play next week ? Will jack sue the NRL for loss of income whilst he was stood down ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pretty sure he already tried to take action when he was stood down

it'll be all ahead full now

Interesting to see how the George thing plays out. It is not clear to me how the Raiders can simply release him immediately without his agreement. And there's no suggestion that he'd been given a warning for a breach of contract.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Interesting to see how the George thing plays out. It is not clear to me how the Raiders can simply release him immediately without his agreement. And there's no suggestion that he'd been given a warning for a breach of contract.
Pretty clear that contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Gronk

Staff member
Repudiation?

Repudiation?

Saying you are unfit to train/play this week doesn't amount to repudiation of a multi-year contract. If he kept doing it it would.

Anyway it seems that that Raiders have acknowledged that he is not, in fact, 'released' as yet.

“No, George still hasn’t signed the release,” Furner said. “All I’ll say is we’re still working through everything at the moment.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wh...be-headed-for-the-courts-20210527-p57vth.html

Gronk

Staff member
Saying you are unfit to train/play this week doesn't amount to repudiation of a multi-year contract. If he kept doing it it would.

Anyway it seems that that Raiders have acknowledged that he is not, in fact, 'released' as yet.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wh...be-headed-for-the-courts-20210527-p57vth.html
Well we are not privy to conversations, communications however apparently he has badgered them for a release at year end for 6 months.

They'll reach a compromise and he'll fly home. Nothin surer that the Faders will maintain one position and him the opposite. Seeya.