What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Let’s be honest there was really only one team that went hard at the deadline. And now have a full year to f**k over their current high paid players. Either Flanagan & Thompson won’t be at Dogs next year, or Mahoney won’t be.

Gronk

Staff member
Let’s be honest there was really only one team that went hard at the deadline. And now have a full year to f**k over their current high paid players. Either Flanagan & Thompson won’t be at Dogs next year, or Mahoney won’t be.
Yes ^^^. Funny how Hodgson is a done deal at the Eels, however Rheed doesn't appear on the Dogs books as yet.

Cloeel

Juniors
Yes ^^^. Funny how Hodgson is a done deal at the Eels, however Rheed doesn't appear on the Dogs books as yet.

Imagine the Dogs can't finalise his contract till beginning of the new season and Reed is in bad form or does his shoulder again... I wonder if there is anything signed that protects him from the Bulldogs withdrawing?

84 Baby

Referee
Imagine the Dogs can't finalise his contract till beginning of the new season and Reed is in bad form or does his shoulder again... I wonder if there is anything signed that protects him from the Bulldogs withdrawing?
I’m fairly certain that the standard NRL contract contains a clause that requires the contract be accepted by the NRL before the contract is enforceable.

strider

Post Whore

I’m fairly certain that the standard NRL contract contains a clause that requires the contract be accepted by the NRL before the contract is enforceable.
But I wonder if there is a separate contract between the Dogs and Mahoney - like some letter of intent - that makes them liable in some way if shit falls apart??? ...... but then even if there was, how the hell would that go down within the scope of the NRL salary rules?

Cos Cloeel is right - it's risky as f**k for Mahoney atm

Cloeel

Juniors
But I wonder if there is a separate contract between the Dogs and Mahoney - like some letter of intent - that makes them liable in some way if shit falls apart??? ...... but then even if there was, how the hell would that go down within the scope of the NRL salary rules?

If I am Reed Mahoney I am doing whatever I can to get that contract signed and lodged with the NRL before round 1.

84 Baby

Referee

It’d be interesting what legal ramifications could happen. I’d say he and Dogs have signed but NRL won’t yet, similar to our Foran $1m payout contract. But if the innuendo is true and if the Dogs knew it would be the case, there’s a potential loss of income lawsuit. Wouldn’t be able to enforce contract but if it requires 3rd party signature.

I reckon at some point this year Thompson graciously returns to UK and they drop Flanagan onto another club (although I still question how much dollars that saves them*). Although at this moment my position still stands, NRL are pissed at Dogs for under cutting the Dolphins, and they want Mahoney to go there instead.

84 Baby

Referee
Oh right forgot to add in my * post script…

I agree with Canbra fans. Surely Canbra didn’t take Cotric back for more than they were willing to pay him when he left, and the Dogs can’t dictate where he signs for, so it’s impossible to trade away one $600k contract for another $600k contract in this scenario.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They must be pissed we swooped on in and stole Hodgson from right from under their noses.

Going by their recruitment, matches their coach I suppose.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes but you do know that when Parra do it, it's good business and bringing experience in to a key position.

When other clubs do it it's because they're desperate and are being bent over...
I reckon Wayne Bennett knows what he's doing. You need experience in any squad.

Incorrect

Coach
I reckon Wayne Bennett knows what he's doing. You need experience in any squad.
I see what you're saying.... The Dolphins are as cunning as us when it comes to recruitment. We'll need to be alert to their canny moves if we're going to win that 2023 premiership......

Latest posts