What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
Kensington ffs? Do not go to Kensington Gary lol. Its an old industrial area with no character thats had 1000s of unit dumped on it. Is a pain in arse to get to a shopping centre and the food around well lack of.....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
@Gary Gutful

Dude what’s your budget and I’ll give you some advice. Manly is great but unless you work in Circular Quay that ferry ride is not going to work for you.

Bronte is a top spot but very pricey. There are some nice spots in Kingsford and Kensington and and light rail is coming and will be worth mega dollars soon.

Some relatively cheaper areas around Pagewood, Kingsford, East Gardens that back onto golf courses. Have a mate that lives near there. It’s veey nice and leafy.
Some good suggestions. Don’t know much about some of those areas or the future light rail.

Will do some research.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ok well lets say 1.4 - 2 million range?
What type of people do you like to be around?
I was thinking I need to go at least $2M if I wanted something decent.

I prefer somewhere quiet. I know that is all relevant in a major city like Sydney but family areas are preferable. Noisy partying merkins give me the shits.

hindy111

Post Whore
I was thinking I need to go at least $2M if I wanted something decent.

I prefer somewhere quiet. I know that is all relevant in a major city like Sydney but family areas are preferable. Noisy partying merkins give me the shits.

Haberfield or any of places I mentioned would work. I quite like Annandale. But yeah no trains is what I dont like. Inner west is excellent for a central part of Sydney. You can get too the nth side, east side, central sydney all within 30 mins or less.
Be in Parra within 20mins. Hit the blue mountains within 40mins.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Are you taking the piss? It looks sterile
It’s similar to my current house. I know what you mean about being sterile but I like something that is open plan, modern and most importantly low maintenance.

I’ve lived in ‘heritage’ houses and they can be a merkin to maintain, are poorly insulated and are generally creaky, damp, musty shitholes.

Ideal scenario is where I am now - a modern house in an older suburb with lots of character homes.

Happy MEel

First Grade
If the Lower Beaches is still an option you won’t want to be in the heart of Manly if you don’t like loud young people. Fairlight or queenscliff could be options at that price point. If you’re ok with a pretty sweet apartment though you could get something on the Eastern Hill of Manly. Very close to the ferry, fantastic views, close to everything in Manly without dealing with the peasants. Manly golf club is also fairly upmarket I’m told.

Latest posts