What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
Year seven or eight, scotch ( Johnny Walker ). A party at a friends house and I had no money, my best mate at the time George Yankos ( yeah that's his real name ) had a half bottle, so offered to share and said he'd give me one drink, I had a midi glass and he poured and said to say when, I didn't and he stopped when the glass was full. His response to that was ok smart arse, skull, so as you do, I did.

He was pretty impressed, so yelled out "hey everybody check this out", and poured me another glass........

George Yankos hey. He sounds like a made up friend.

Gronk

Staff member
Technical qn: are all usb ports the same ?

So if my hifi pre amplifier has a usb input (used to play mp3, wav or FLAC files), can that usb port be used hypothetically to power a device ? Charge a phone or power wifi streaming device or DAC ?

upload_2019-10-26_10-3-22.jpeg

Bandwagon

Staff member
Technical qn: are all usb ports the same ?

So if my hifi pre amplifier has a usb input (used to play mp3, wav or FLAC files), can that usb port be used hypothetically to power a device ? Charge a phone or power wifi streaming device or DAC ?

View attachment 33825

All usb ports have power out, but amperage can vary, so some will and some won't, your devices manual should tell you.

Gronk

Staff member
Its not a type c - type c has rounded ends .... my thought thought was hdmi but its too small ... are there mini hdmi?
The pic I posted was for a wifi dac that syncs with Spotify connect and has an optical out. It is powered by mini usb.

I want to be able to stream via lossless wifi instead of compressed bluetooth.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Its not a type c - type c has rounded ends .... my thought thought was hdmi but its too small ... are there mini hdmi?
Yep there is.

2m-hdmi-to-mini-hdmi-v14.jpg

After looking at this though, it’s definitely USB.

strider

Post Whore
The pic I posted was for a wifi dac that syncs with Spotify connect and has an optical out. It is powered by mini usb.

I want to be able to stream via lossless wifi instead of compressed bluetooth.
Lossless wifi with middle out compression is where its at

Latest posts