What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Isn't the argument about whether or not humans are responsible for climate change, and if so how much?

I think the position of the politicians changes depending on their level of government conservatism.
  • It's a hoax
  • OK it's real but there has always been changing weather patterns.
  • Look it might be anthropogenic, but China and India
  • We are doing our bit to reduce emissions ;) but not at the cost of the economy (power generation and coal exports).
  • F**k we've left it a bit late. Does the government scientist still have a job ? What's his number ? What is our energy policy again ? Oh we don't have one ? :eek: Where is that NEG file ?

hindy111

Post Whore
Depends.

Some people deny it's happening at all, some say it's entirely natural, some say it's 100% human activity.

In reality it's likely yo be a combination of the latter two.

We are getting closer to the sun that is a fact yeah? If so I reckon that would heat us up for sure.
But there is just no harm in making the world cleaner. Why live in filth when we can afford not too?
I've lived in filth. Clean is much nicer. Of course filth is easier.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think the position of the politicians changes depending on their level of government conservatism.
  • It's a hoax
  • OK it's real but there has always been changing weather patterns.
  • Look it might be anthropogenic, but China and India
  • We are doing our bit to reduce emissions ;) but not at the cost of the economy (power generation and coal exports).
  • F**k we've left it a bit late. Does the government scientist still have a job ? What's his number ? What is our energy policy again ? Oh we don't have one ? :eek: Where is that NEG file ?

I reckon they changed there opinion based on what they thought people wanted to hear to vote for them and nothing to do with knowing much else about the topic.

Bazal

Post Whore
We are getting closer to the sun that is a fact yeah? If so I reckon that would heat us up for sure.
But there is just no harm in making the world cleaner. Why live in filth when we can afford not too?
I've lived in filth. Clean is much nicer. Of course filth is easier.

We're definitely not getting closer to the sun as far as I know. In fact I believe the planets slide further away from the sun a little tiny bit every year

Gronk

Staff member
We're definitely not getting closer to the sun as far as I know. In fact I believe the planets slide further away from the sun a little tiny bit every year

A chap from SkyNews said that our solar system as part of the galaxy (milky way) is just in a warm patch right now bc of the solar rays from other stars in our galaxy.

84 Baby

Referee
As the sun loses mass it “expands” but also means we don’t gravitate towards it as much I.e. it’s getting closer but we’re also moving away

Bazal

Post Whore
As the sun loses mass it “expands” but also means we don’t gravitate towards it as much I.e. it’s getting closer but we’re also moving away

So we move further away just to stay in the same place?

FFS is this Alice in Wonderland?

Gronk

Staff member
Do you beleive hin?
Well the closest stars to our galaxy are twins called Alpha Centauri A and Alpha Centauri B, which are about 4.3 light-years from Earth. Doesn't seem likely that those two merkins have much to do with our weather.

Also, a warm part of space ?

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon they changed there opinion based on what they thought people wanted to hear to vote for them and nothing to do with knowing much else about the topic.

If you watched Q&A on Monday night, Malcolm Turnbull spoke about how Morrison and Frydenberg worked so hard with labor and industry to draft the National Energy Guarantee (NEG). It was the energy blue print that was needed and provided a sensible transition to renewables and acknowledged that coal will form part of the mix for decades to come. However the rumblings in the party from from the steadfast climate deniers caused the NEG to be shelved and the leadership spill.

Moving forward, ScoMo and Josh are No 1 & 2 in the new government and are too scared to open the NEG filing cabinet. They are blaming labor, of course, because of future reductions targets. However instead of continuing to perfect policy, they now say it's dead.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ay-from-support-for-national-energy-guarantee

84 Baby

Referee
At least you didnt cause a code brown. What chaos they create!
images

T.S Quint

Coach
"But because precipitation has to be balanced by evaporation, we expect a [corresponding] increase in dry regions," Marvel said.

Im not going to listen to a comic book company on the subject of climate change.

Cool movies but.

emjaycee

Coach
if they are, as you allege, why do you think they are on the council ?
No, however @emjaycee is inferring that fire commissioners are motivated by money and that they would not have a voice without financial inducement.

I would like to see the evidence that the fire commissioners are making any money out of this other than travel and daily shelter food and water, when away from home.
I am not alleging nor inferring anything. My statement of fact stands... the 23 former fire chiefs are on the payroll of the Climate Council.
I don't know why, how or what their individual compensation is, nor do i claim to.

Latest posts