What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Offended? Why would I be offended? What's offensive here?
You're offended because you think your position is the smart or logical one and I've shown you that having a strong opinion on SSM (either way) is f**king idiotic.

So now your attempt to take the intellectual high ground has been exposed as mere sheeplike virtue signalling.

There's nothing inherently smart or logical about supporting SSM, and I say this as a merkin who voted Yes. What the f**k do gay couples need to get married for? Most straight couples don't even need to get married, which is why many of them don't these days. The purpose of marriage is the protection of children, and these days it doesn't even do that.

Marriage was previously protected by social presssure against divorce, not government legislation. My first divorce cost me $50, and there was zero social pressure for me to stick around, grow the f**k up, and stop being such a selfish merkin to make it work.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What was powerful (and unprecedented ?) is that he basically has said that he does not want any pro-Trump merkins as fans. Agree or disagree with the message or even the method of delivery, not many artists would be prepared for the $$$$$$ losses.
Trump deserves what he gets but the people who voted for him did so because the opposing party told them they don't matter.

Telling people America is already great isn't what people want to hear when they foresee their kids having worse lives than themselves or their parents had.

Gronk

Staff member
You're offended because you think your position is the smart or logical one and I've shown you that having a strong opinion on SSM (either way) is f**king idiotic.

So now your attempt to take the intellectual high ground has been exposed as mere sheeplike virtue signalling.

There's nothing inherently smart or logical about supporting SSM, and I say this as a merkin who voted Yes. What the f**k do gay couples need to get married for? Most straight couples don't even need to get married, which is why many of them don't these days. The purpose of marriage is the protection of children, and these days it doesn't even do that.

Marriage was previously protected by social presssure against divorce, not government legislation. My first divorce cost me $50, and there was zero social pressure for me to stick around, grow the f**k up, and stop being such a selfish merkin to make it work.

Allow me to translate: I'm a bitter merkin who has pent up anger over a shit load of things and I release it from time to time in the form of incoherent babble.

Yes I know that I'm hard to follow, because I flip flop from one side to another in a deliberate attempt to both confuse and infuriate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't project your insecurities onto me Gronk. You're the one constantly posting bullshit news articles about all the merkins you hate. Glass houses, dickhead.

Gronk

Staff member
Don't project your insecurities onto me Gronk. You're the one constantly posting bullshit news articles about all the merkins you hate. Glass houses, dickhead.

images

ash411

Bench

Don't come at me with Reddit buzzwords.

You were arguing that sexual orientation is a choice, which is stupid.

My calling you out had nothing to do with SSM, and it was in no way an attempt to feel superior to anyone, I was just pointing out that you'll take the counter view-point to anything just for the sake of having an argument.

Oh yeah, strawman, ad infinitum, snowflake, etc..

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

My calling you out had nothing to do with SSM, and it was in no way an attempt to feel superior to anyone, I was just pointing out that you'll take the counter view-point to anything just for the sake of having an argument.

My reading for what is worth is that it was about saying that in some instances it might be a choice. Strider and some other merkin made the same point and I can see where they are coming from tbh.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What was powerful (and unprecedented ?) is that he basically has said that he does not want any pro-Trump merkins as fans. Agree or disagree with the message or even the method of delivery, not many artists would be prepared for the $$$$$$ losses.
Kurt Cobain once made this comment:

At this point I have a request for our fans. If any of you in any way hate homosexuals, people of different colour, or women, please do this one favour for us - leave us the f**k alone! Don't come to our shows and don't buy our records.

That aside, I don't deny that Eminem is pretty ballsy to make it in reference to a President, particularly what happened to the Dixie Chicks when they bagged George W.

Whats the bet that the Trumpster tweets a message to the "failing" artist Eminem ?
I'd say its highly likely.

Gronk

Staff member

At this point I have a request for our fans. If any of you in any way hate homosexuals, people of different colour, or women, please do this one favour for us - leave us the f**k alone! Don't come to our shows and don't buy our records.

Well that explains why Colin never got into Nirvana.

8067b4856a5ef5f83fac8cecc68c65cb_bigger.jpeg

Kornstar

Coach
My reading for what is worth is that it was about saying that in some instances it might be a choice. Strider and some other merkin made the same point and I can see where they are coming from tbh.

Hey! That merkin is me......oh wait.....i am a merkin, carry on.

Incorrect

Coach
Well that explains why Colin never got into Nirvana.

8067b4856a5ef5f83fac8cecc68c65cb_bigger.jpeg
Strangely though, I hear Colin is a big Elton John fan....

I reckon Colin might be like that father next door in American Beauty... all hard and anti-queer but deep down.....

nice person LOVER!

Kornstar

Coach

That aside, I don't deny that Eminem is pretty ballsy to make it in reference to a President, particularly what happened to the Dixie Chicks when they bagged George W.

I'd say its highly likely.

This is not the first politician he has mentioned in his songs. In the song Mosh on Encore he gives it to Bush.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

No I was arguing that behaviour is a choice. I'm not really concerned with a person's orientations or inclinations. We are defined by what we do.
It's for the sake of combating groupthink.
Are those reddit buzzwords? I only waste my time here and on Twitter.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Strangely though, I hear Colin is a big Elton John fan....

I reckon Colin might be like that father next door in American Beauty... all hard and anti-queer but deep down.....

nice person LOVER!
It's acceptable for latent homosexuals to be homophobic in the same way Jews can be anti-semitic.

Latest posts