What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore

“Inat” — The Most Powerful Weapon​

I am proud to be a Serbian. We have a truly unique mentality that sets us apart from many. Our power of will can be summed up in four letter of a million meanings. That word is — “inat.”

Originally word “inat” is a Turkish word and means “persistence.” But in Serbian it takes on a deeper meaning.

To understand the word “inat,” one must first understand the Serbian history, which is a history of tragedy. Serbia has endured continuous fights and struggles to survive in spite of it’s often doomed destiny.

Living a normal life in the face of adversity (such as the coronavirus pandemic) is a common cord throughout the world. But Serbs have taken it to the extremes in 1999. Back when former Yugoslavia was attacked by NATO for 78 days.

Serbs did not spend those months in the bunkers underground, waiting for war to be over. Instead they decided instead to live a normal life. This meant holding rooftops parties as bombs fell around them, going out and even wearing T-shirts with targets embellished on their back.

Serbs kept walking across bridges even though they were open targets for bombers. The Serbs were in many ways daring NATO to murder them. Many have called that insanity, but it’s actually “inat.”

The word “inat” embodies rejection and acceptance of one’s reality at the same time. Westerners use many words in attempt to translate “inat.” Often it is described as defiance, spite, courage, or resilience. None of them are accurate, in my opinion.

“Inat” is much more than these words.

It’s like when you do something that’s the opposite of what everyone wants and expects, just because they’re pushing you.

It is doing something on purpose, even though it’s forbidden, perhaps because it’s forbidden.

It’s like shooting a fighter bomber with a pistol.

As obstacles grow, so does “inat.”

“Inat” can be found elsewhere in the world. It is when Winston Churchill said, “We shall fight on the beaches.”

In JFK’s speech about the moon, he said, “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.” Kennedy showed “inat.” It is when Ireland voted in its referendum not to submit to the EU constituency. Or when a 90-year old man fights a criminal — all of that is “inat.”

It’s like a lion’s roar against the dying of the light. It’s fighting against all odds. It’s the opposite of what we all would wish life to be.

It’s a defiance of “reality,” which one knows is finite and still believes that it must and will be different.

It is when Novak Djokovic wins tennis matches when everyone and everything is working against him: the audience, the judges, and coronavirus pandemic.

It is when we are faced with injustice.

And the bigger the injustice, the harder we push — and then the sweeter the moral victory is. No matter the cost.

And if we lose, it’s for not letting anyone break us.

Many see “inat” as a curse, I see it as a pride. Even in the worst circumstances, we always do our best.

That is the meaning of the Serbian “inat.”

Written by another proud Serb, called Mila.

16 January 2022

🇷🇸 🇷🇸 🇷🇸

Dovidjenja i Sve Najbolje.

People who carry on like this are annoying. No offence but you are Australian. For whatever reasons your family left Serbia for a better life. Just as mine left Malta.
And at this point we took on the new way of life. Of course we keep our traditions but f**k we don't broadcast to the whole world where we are from. We just live our life.

People who carry on like you can be annoying. No offence but you are Australian. For whatever reasons your family left Serbia for a better life. Just as mine left Malta.
And at this point we took on the new way of life. Of course we keep our traditions but f**k we don't broadcast to the whole world where we are from. We just live our life.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I couldn’t give a shit what county the Joker is from, if it was a Aussie refusing the Vax and carrying on like a Dick I’d feel the exact same way. All this talk of racism is absolutely laughable. The facts are if he was vaxxed he would be lining up tomorrow no problems.

He thought the rules didn’t apply to him and he thought he could get around them. He rolled the dice and lost. Too bad time to hit the bricks merkin.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So looks like this saga it finally over thankfully i was over it by last friday tbh.

Tennis Australia board and craig tiley especially deserve to be sacked over the way they have conducted this shit show as well.

I reckon Tiley has proven himself to be the biggest germ in Australian sports administration in the past 20 years which is hard as i didnt think anyone would go past the Todd Greenberg or David Peever.
Don’t forget Daaaaaaaaaave Gallop or that arse clown Sutherland.

Eelogical

Referee
I couldn’t give a shit what county the Joker is from, if it was a Aussie refusing the Vax and carrying on like a Dick I’d feel the exact same way. All this talk of racism is absolutely laughable. The facts are if he was vaxxed he would be lining up tomorrow no problems.

He thought the rules didn’t apply to him and he thought he could get around them. He rolled the dice and lost. Too bad time to hit the bricks merkin.
I agree, mate. But the way this became a sideshow shooting gallery shows how quickly things can become pear-shaped for all participants. I don't follow tennis but the tournament itself has been tarnished by all of this. Whoever wins the title will always be known as Claytons, and that's a shame.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I agree, mate. But the way this became a sideshow shooting gallery shows how quickly things can become pear-shaped for all participants. I don't follow tennis but the tournament itself has been tarnished by all of this. Whoever wins the title will always be known as Claytons, and that's a shame.
Very true, no one has won out of this especially Novax.

Suitman

Post Whore
Good riddance Joker.
You played the game and lost.
You won't be missed.
The Australian legal system played out it's course.
Make sure you pay your bills.
And, next time you visit our country, try and fill out your own visa application properly, instead of blaming others, and try and abide by the regulations that are required to enter our country.

You'll forever be known as a player who lost a Grand Slam by missing only two shots.

Eelogical

Referee
Good riddance Joker.
You played the game and lost.
You won't be missed.
The Australian legal system played out it's course.
Make sure you pay your bills.
And, next time you visit our country, try and fill out your own visa application properly, instead of blaming others, and try and abide by the regulations that are required to enter our country.

You'll forever be known as a player who lost a Grand Slam by missing only two shots.

1642319970482.gif

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well, the legal merkins would disagree.
The Lawyers always win.
Sunday bloody Sunday!!
stan marsh dancing GIF by South Park

strider

Post Whore
If the sentiment in this thread is any reflection of the australian population, then i think it makes a mockery of the reasoning behind it all and the decision.

Its quite obvious most aussies hate him and he has no influence over them whatsoever ... to claim he is gonna make any difference to what people are doing here is laughable.

Well you had the good sense on Monday to at least wait until both parties had been given a chance to speak. You went off a little half cocked this morning.
No, I just watched a bit of Novak's barrister speaking, not both, and made a lighthearted remark. Today I watched even less and made a remark that was even less serious.

If the sentiment in this thread is any reflection of the australian population, then i think it makes a mockery of the reasoning behind it all and the decision.

Its quite obvious most aussies hate him and he has no influence over them whatsoever ... to claim he is gonna make any difference to what people are doing here is laughable.

Barry likes this post.

Gronk

Staff member

I don’t think you understand what happened today. There was no decision about vaccines, the unvaccinated, medical exemptions, natural immunity from recent infections or special exemptions which benefit the community.

Djokovic lost because the law, drafted by the current government, was designed to make the Minister’s decisions immune from judicial review.

As much as some people might like the result, this was a politically advantageous position for strong borders by a government who are already in election mode.

So I think your focus on Joker being influential or not is moot.