What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Incorrect

Coach
So this afternoon there were 2 mens doubles semi finals on ... both with a pair of aussies

The dipshit Ks game had a full house .... when they showed a bit of the other, there was barely anyone there watching.

Clearly the aussie tennis fans dont just want to support aussies, they are attracted to f**kwits
Imagine the Special K's V Corey Norman and Curtis Scott in a game of doubles. They'd pack out Rod Laver Arena 10 times over....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The thing is. Wouldn't you rather be a bit of a bogun then some privileged politically correct twat? I am surrounded by them around here. Looking forward to eventually fixing this dump up and selling it off to one of them for a silly price and f**king off up to Katoomba with a big bag of their money.
Absolutely. I have to mix with that crowd ocassionally, though less so since I've moved to a regional city.

Its not who I really am though.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I've converted that into a cosie peacefull office space. It's quite lovely and realy is just the perfect space for the busy young working professional families.
That should add 100k to the price.
You've already got the write-up done for when you sell it. Should save you a bit of money on real estate fees as well.

So this afternoon there were 2 mens doubles semi finals on ... both with a pair of aussies

The dipshit Ks game had a full house .... when they showed a bit of the other, there was barely anyone there watching.

Clearly the aussie tennis fans dont just want to support aussies, they are attracted to f**kwits

Barry likes this post.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Introducing 111 Hindy Rd.

This 19th Century mid terrace has bucketloads of character but with wonderful modern amenites, including 2 bathrooms and 4 bedrooms.

Step outside into the tranquil backyard and discover the serenity that makes you feel as though you are in a tropical oasis being fed handfuls of grapes by sexy ladies.

The pièce de résistance though is undoubtedly the outdoor office space. Lovingly rendered by a master craftsman, picture yourself in this cosy peaceful environment pretending to work while you post shit on League Unlimited.

Book an appointment now!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But it's the law does not make it so. Elsewise we'd not need jails and shit.

And a society is a lot more than the laws that govern it.

TBH mate this is little more than nonsense. Were you pissed when you typed it out, or just real hungover?
Well it's raising the point of how can government address inequality once racist legal exemptions are all removed. History proves it can't. All it can offer is lip service (such as Sorry Day or constitutional recognition), which further entrenches a racial divide. It is neither a short nor long term solution. How could it be?

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm an outlier here but I've been loving watching the Special K's doubles matches. Yes, Kyrgios has been a dick and will always be a dick.
But he has also been entertaining at times.
Kokkinakis has been the leveler and kept things on track. They are playing some amazingly entertaining tennis.
The atmosphere at their matches has been electric, although rather impolite at times.

Tennis is as boring as f**k and I rarely watch it unless Aussies are going ok.
Well, the two K's, and Barty and Dylan Alcott have rekindled my interest in this years Aussie Open.
I really hope the 2 K's win.
After the past two years of shitty Covid, this country could do with some good news.
A Barty Oz Open win would just top it off.
Shame about Dylan's loss today, but 8 Aussie Open's in a row is an extraordinarily amazing achievement.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well it's raising the point of how can government address inequality once racist legal exemptions are all removed. History proves it can't. All it can offer is lip service (such as Sorry Day or constitutional recognition), which further entrenches a racial divide. It is neither a short nor long term solution. How could it be?

Again though, governments do far more than legislate, legislation it's self is just a set of rules that allows or disallows given things to be done.

84 Baby

Referee
I'm an outlier here but I've been loving watching the Special K's doubles matches. Yes, Kyrgios has been a dick and will always be a dick.
But he has also been entertaining at times.
Kokkinakis has been the leveler and kept things on track. They are playing some amazingly entertaining tennis.
The atmosphere at their matches has been electric, although rather impolite at times.

Tennis is as boring as f**k and I rarely watch it unless Aussies are going ok.
Well, the two K's, and Barty and Dylan Alcott have rekindled my interest in this years Aussie Open.
I really hope the 2 K's win.
After the past two years of shitty Covid, this country could do with some good news.
A Barty Oz Open win would just top it off.
Shame about Dylan's loss today, but 8 Aussie Open's in a row is an extraordinarily amazing achievement.
I agree. Yes he’s a dick and the bogans have overstepped but I’d much prefer to be in a crowd with some energy than the usual bland, nows the time to be quiet crowds.
There’s enough money in tennis that the players will still have the power but deadset players need to grow some skin. If you can’t handle some yelling out “hit a f**ken winner” mid rally, then why would people bother turning up?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Every Government that has tried to do something has quickly realised its incredibly difficult and basically just shit their pants.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Again though, governments do far more than legislate, legislation it's self is just a set of rules that allows or disallows given things to be done.
Sure, but what else can be done and where is the evidence it will have the intended effect with no unintended consequences? So far we have seen three things: changing racially discriminatory legislation, throwing money at problems (including redirecting government income), and lip service. Is the gap getting any closer?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Sure, but what else can be done and where is the evidence it will have the intended effect with no unintended consequences? So far we have seen three things: changing racially discriminatory legislation, throwing money at problems (including redirecting government income), and lip service. Is the gap getting any closer?

There's always unintended ( or intended but hey f**k it ) consequences to policy decisions, so I aint even going to begin to attempt to address a bar set so high it literally is never met, let alone one I don't think anyone with any idea would think a practical measure or test. There's always winners and losers when it comes to the allocation of any resource.

But is the gap getting any closer? Well it depends on where you start measuring, and what you're measuring, if you're referring to the Closing the Gap report / initiative, then yeah, there's evidence there that the gap is getting closer, albeit not at the rate targeted. It's easy to mistake failure to meet targets ( as is often pointed out to be the case ) for failure to make progress, ( which is rarely acknowledged ) but of course these are not the same thing.

All that aside, any failure or indeed success of policy is only evidence of the level of effectiveness of that particular policy, it's not evidence that any or all policy will bear the same result. Governments will sometimes achieve stuff, sometimes they'll make a clusterf**k of stuff, we all understand the world is far from perfect.

Latest posts